aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Hopefully if a black player walks off, his team will support him. Unless Balotelli is disliked within the Italy camp, maybe they'll just let him swan off on his own. If it is a player who is loved by one and all and his talismanic presence and quality simply cannot be spared, like Danny Welbeck, then maybe everyone will follow suit.

The thing is about all this, do you not think this is the FA and BBC trying their best to undermine another FIFA decision, very little has been said about the racist problems of Poland and the Ukraine over here for the past 10 years, then FIFA give them a European Championships and all of a sudden the place is full of racists and the likely hood is black people will be instantly attacked and panorama feel the need to make a programme on it. It just stinks of another attempt to have a go at FIFA for not giving England the World Cup.

Id be happy to put £100 down that we will see very little racism at the Euro's, no more than what happens in Bradford on a daily basis.

No one said anything about it over here because no one in the British media gave a shit about football in Poland and Ukraine until they were given the Championships - I don't see why that should be a surprise to anyone.

It's also nothing to do with FIFA and the World Cup. Poland and Ukraine didn't get the Euro 2012 hosting job at England's expense. UEFA (who decide the hosts) didn't cause England to not get the World Cup. Stop being a div.

• Upvote 4

There has been a number of exposures of racism in central/eastern European football over the years in the forms of documentaries on TV and articles in magazines. It's obviously become more widespread now that a large number of English people will be going to these countries to watch football, so it's only right to inform them again now that people will actually pay attention.

Even "Ross Kemp On Gangs" featured a bit of racism in Polish football. Infact, the club that popularised "The Poznan" are practicially a fully fledged white supremecist nazi-supporting football club. Some of the footage of the riots and attacks their fans were often involved in were pretty brutal. It makes anyone who "does the Poznan" even more ridiculous.

There's a fine chance the tournament go come and go without any trouble, but there's certainly no harm in exposing some things which have happened in recent times, as some people may not have had any idea of such incidents in the host countries, because it wouldn't have been relevant to them until now.

Even "Ross Kemp On Gangs" featured a bit of racism in Polish football. Infact, the club that popularised "The Poznan" are practicially a fully fledged white supremecist nazi-supporting football club. Some of the footage of the riots and attacks their fans were often involved in were pretty brutal. It makes anyone who "does the Poznan" even more ridiculous.

That's the episode where he pretends to get tear gassed and its just the least convincing thing ever. Terrible actor. One of my fave RKoG moments ever.

He really is awful. I love the bits where he pretends to get involved with the violence and shit. It's so bogus. Some of the real footage is pretty harrowing though. In the same episode, some Russian lads knocked the stuffing out of a Black guy. Karate kicks to the head and everything. Brutal.

The SPL have voted in their financial fair play rules. Or at least most of them. They've NOT introduced any new rules for NewCo clubs. Instead all NewCo situations will go to the full 12 team SPL and any sactions (which I guess means an open arm welcome) will be decided on an individual basis.

Henderson.

Henderson.

LOL

Come on...he has to take Adam Johnson, rather...surely?

Central 'holding' midfielders from the existing squad (including players who could 'do a job' in there) are already plentiful (Parker, Gerrard, Milner, Jones, Jagielka). Already wasted an attacking space with Stewart '0 goals, 0 assists' Downing - at least take someone who can provide a bit of impact.

Guest Gladstone

Hopefully it means Martinez will stay at Wigan but he's also being touted for the Villa job. Why would you leave the best team in the world to go to Aston fucking Villa?

Hopefully it means Martinez will stay at Wigan but he's also being touted for the Villa job. Why would you leave the best team in the world to go to Aston fucking Villa?

He might as well stay at Wigan and sign Emile Heskey. Best of both worlds.

I like Rodgers, but I like Martinez more, so it's a lesser of two evils having Rodgers go to Liverpool.

It's a bad move though. He has a squad of technically better footballers at Swansea. The Liverpool squad is desperate for a complete overhaul. He'd just signed Sigurdsson at Swansea. Another striker and a centre back, and they are essentially a team battling for a top 6-8 place.

Guest Gladstone
I like Rodgers, but I like Martinez more, so it's a lesser of two evils having Rodgers go to Liverpool.

It's a bad move though. He has a squad of technically better footballers at Swansea. The Liverpool squad is desperate for a complete overhaul. He'd just signed Sigurdsson at Swansea. Another striker and a centre back, and they are essentially a team battling for a top 6-8 place.

Liverpool will clearly have just chucked money at him and told him he'll get a WAR CHEST for transfers. Short-sighted on his part though. Expectations at Swansea will always be realistic whereas unless your Kenny Dalglish, you have to win the league by 20 points, the Champions League 8-0 in the final as well as the two domestic cups only using your U17s before you're deemed a successful manager by the Liverpool fans.

Sigurdsson's medical hasn't gone through yet, which is weird for a few reasons but mostly because he spent the second half of last season on loan at Swansea - surely they know pretty much everything they need to already?

Reeks of holding out to see where Rodgers ended up (he was instrumental in taking him to Swansea after seeing him through the youth setup at Reading), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Liverpool hijacked that deal now.