aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

There's a ridiculous amount of merries going round at the moment, rumour this morning that Harry Redknapp's been offered big bux to go to the Middle East and Daniel Levy's happy for him to go because they were a bit miffed about not getting third last year. The journalist in question actually said that he thought 'Arry would be gone within the week. IF that happens, you're probably looking at, what...seven Premier League clubs starting the season with new managers? That must be some kind of a record.

Spurs, Chelsea, WBA, LOLerpool, Swansea, Villa, Norwich

I see crusty old Liverpool cunt Lawrenson says Rodgers is a gamble and fans will question him if he doesn't get near top 4. Well, look forward to a sacking because united, city, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs will finish above them and perhaps everton and Newcastle if the consistency is there.

Can't wait for Lawrenson's predictions next season either, Liverpool would win the league by about 50 points if his predictions were correct.

• Upvote 1

You have a ridiculous amount of slightly genuine boyhood clubs. Just like Robbie Keane. Support them all. It can't fail. One of them must win something.

I watched a subtitled documentary about FC St. Pauli recently. They are a grand organisation. Anti Nazis. Anti Ultras. Anti Prejudice of any kind. A bunch of pussies really. I'm going to follow them through thick and thin this season.

Home or away. Through the rain and the snow. It doesn't matter. I'll look up the score online no matter what.

I've heard rumours of an St Pauli - Aberdeen pre season friendly. Fuck yeah. I'll be going to that like.

St. Pauli are my German team. Galway United for ROI.

I see crusty old Liverpool cunt Lawrenson says Rodgers is a gamble and fans will question him if he doesn't get near top 4. Well, look forward to a sacking because united, city, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs will finish above them and perhaps everton and Newcastle if the consistency is there.

Can't wait for Lawrenson's predictions next season either, Liverpool would win the league by about 50 points if his predictions were correct.

I would be a bit worried for Spurs if any of the rumours about their players are true. Modric looks like he'll get his move this year, no Adebayor anymore, Bale wants to leave for Champions league. They need to do some clever recruiting if they want to stay in the top 4 area.

Still finishing above Liverplol either way.

These guys know too much about football, it depresses me. 3 Man City players is a bit much. There must be better keepers than Hart - maybe his stats show there aren't?

Statistically he wasn't the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, though I geuss there's more to it than stats. I believe he kept more clean sheets than De Gea by 3, but that's more down to possession and controlling a game than just the goalkeeper. De Gea had the best save to shots percentage than anyone in the league. I don't know how he compares to the rest of europe however.

I'm not saying De Gea is better than Hart though. He probably isn't overall, but statistically it could go either way.

It should probably just always be Buffon, regardless of stats.

These guys know too much about football, it depresses me. 3 Man City players is a bit much. There must be better keepers than Hart - maybe his stats show there aren't?

There are maybe better keepers but I'm not sure I can't think of anyone who has performed really well and been so important for there team this season.

Vorm at Swansea. Kruhl at Newcastle. Hart has had a pretty easy season i would have thought, not many teams have really pushed City this seaon past whereas the other two have had a lot more to deal with.

Hart is going to be talked about as the worlds best for the next 10 years, purely because he is English.

Statistically he wasn't the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, though I geuss there's more to it than stats. I believe he kept more clean sheets than De Gea by 3, but that's more down to possession and controlling a game than just the goalkeeper. De Gea had the best save to shots percentage than anyone in the league. I don't know how he compares to the rest of europe however.

I'm not saying De Gea is better than Hart though. He probably isn't overall, but statistically it could go either way.

It should probably just always be Buffon, regardless of stats.

Buffon is rubbish:

Vorm at Swansea. Kruhl at Newcastle. Hart has had a pretty easy season i would have thought, not many teams have really pushed City this seaon past whereas the other two have had a lot more to deal with.

Hart is going to be talked about as the worlds best for the next 10 years, purely because he is English.

And he's an excellent goalkeeper, who makes vital saves. Not JUST because he's English. You really have an (incorrect) anti-English agenda don't you, as Woods also picked up on.

I agree he's a top-quality keeper. One of the best the Premier league has seen in years. I'm just wondering whether there is a lower table foreign keeper who has been doing wonders I haven't heard about. Hart seems too obvious. Maybe he's completely commanding that defence though. Keeping goal is much more than shot stopping. making sure you are covered by bleeting at the defence is as much a part of it.

Guest Gladstone

Saying Hart has had an easy season isn't exactly true. It's often said that goalkeepers at good teams have to hold their concentration far more than keepers at shit teams because they are called on less often. If Hart, for example, has to deal with 2 or 3 shots in a match and saves them all (one being a brilliant point blank save), as well as mops up 2 crosses and his distribution is spot on. That isn't worse than a keeper at the bottom of the league who makes 10 saves but lets in 1 goal, as well as fumbles say 2 of 10 crosses and his distribution is crap. The stats would have that keeper on 7/8 saves more than Hart (albeit I'm sure they take in saves to shots ratios rather than just how many saves but I'm sure you get what I mean).

• Upvote 1