aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Aye, seems like he had access to some pretty reliable sources and reports as well. Where to start with it all though? Possible Duff and Phelps involvement in the Ticketus deal, a £30K payment to Souness 10 years after he had left Ibrox, the sheer amounts being paid to players and staff etc etc etc.

The interviews that were just on were commenting on the money at the club running out at the end of the month so may be some action soon.

Was this on the BBC?

Yep. Honestly though, I've been following the Rangers story closely and so has my hun-supporting family, but this shocked all of us. Like Trigger said, if even a small percentage is true it is staggering.

I remember seeing that some time ago. Lovely goal. Setting yourself up for a volley is so badass.

The most shocking thing about that video is being reminded that Casey Keller is still playing. Or he was when the goal was scored obviously. Wikipedia says he's now a "play by play commentator". Touchdown.

Triple post. Sorry.

Amazing goal this. The kid come on as a sub, picks up the ball 40 yards out, rinses the whole team, pokes it under the goal keeper and taps it into the bottom corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7DNhUdqDVw

I was expecting some messidona prodigy. Disapointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel. There's no place for such frivolity in football. This is serious business, fuck off kid ur shit.

Triple post. Sorry.

Amazing goal this. The kid come on as a sub, picks up the ball 40 yards out, rinses the whole team, pokes it under the goal keeper and taps it into the bottom corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7DNhUdqDVw

WTF is the referee up to? Clear foul on the line taking out the covering defender. Fed up of referees ruining games nowadays.

Trying to work out what was actually going on there (I presume a testimonial of sorts), I'm glad I used Google Translate on the description of the video. It's cleared everything up for me:

"During a football match has been made ​​to believe he was a boy and replace it play in the team.

The other team will leave the mark is too cute."

• Upvote 1

I remember seeing that some time ago. Lovely goal. Setting yourself up for a volley is so badass.

The most shocking thing about that video is being reminded that Casey Keller is still playing. Or he was when the goal was scored obviously. Wikipedia says he's now a "play by play commentator". Touchdown.

That is probably one of the best websites onilne, so many liquid football moments!

It might be because I watch a lot of american sport but I like the names for the two commentators as 'play-by-play' and 'colour'. One describing the action as it happens and the other providing the insight to flesh it out. But then I think back to when Setanta was still going and Scott Booth was the colour commentator on a game where the striker went through one on one with the keeper and the keeper made the save. That action was ably described by the play-by-play commentator. And then Scott Booth added; "What's happened is the striker's gone through on goal there, one on one with the keeper, who's made the save." Thanks for clarifying, Scott.

Trying to work out what was actually going on there (I presume a testimonial of sorts), I'm glad I used Google Translate on the description of the video. It's cleared everything up for me:

"During a football match has been made ​​to believe he was a boy and replace it play in the team.

The other team will leave the mark is too cute."

I believe it's the player's son. Dad coming off for son. Son scores. Hero. Proud dad. etc

The translation said it better than I could though.

Watched the video again, and the defending is a little questionable. I know Eastern European football is a little corrupt, but the keeper should have saved it. Ref also ignored cynical shirt tug as the lad enters the box. Shady stuff. I'm starting to think it was all a bit of a fix.