aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Just read that this years Community Shield is to be held at Villa Park, because of the Olympics. It's the final of the mens football on the same day. Is that old news? I didn't know about it. Surely there'd better grounds to have it than there? It's the final of the Olympic football, so only Wembley is being used that weekend. Could have been Old Trafford or Anfield or even the Millenium Stadium?

Just read that this years Community Shield is to be held at Villa Park, because of the Olympics. It's the final of the mens football on the same day. Is that old news? I didn't know about it. Surely there'd better grounds to have it than there? It's the final of the Olympic football, so only Wembley is being used that weekend. Could have been Old Trafford or Anfield or even the Millenium Stadium?

You can tell the season's finished when such things are 'news'. In the absence of fixtures, I actually care about things like this.

Would have been a great opportunity for the FA to experiment with their stupid idea of playing Premiership games abroad. Sure Chelsea and Man City fans wouldn't have given much of a fuck. It's little more than a friendly. Play it at the fucking Giants Stadium or something.

• Upvote 1

Maguire has been told he can leave Derby, Jimmy Mcfadden released by Everton, come on Broon get them signed up!!

I think there is more chance of the Dazzler signing for Chelsea than Faddy going to Aberdeen.

Speaking of Euro 2012, I am dead excited as it's been 10 years since Ireland have been in a major competition. Tough group though (Spain, Croatia, Italy), if we can get through it, we're going to cunting win it. I'm glad James McClean was called up, as he's been pretty damn crap hell good for Sunderland.

I think there is more chance of the Dazzler signing for Chelsea than Faddy going to Aberdeen.

Speaking of Euro 2012, I am dead excited as it's been 10 years since Ireland have been in a major competition. Tough group though (Spain, Croatia, Italy), if we can get through it, we're going to cunting win it. I'm glad James McClean was called up, as he's been pretty damn crap hell good for Sunderland.

Where do you stand on the Trapattoni debate? I've seen a lot of the Irish papers calling for him to go after Euro 2012 regardless of how they do because of the drab football they're playing and his insistence in picking all the old players over the young guys. Not a great way to prepare for a tournament.

Maguire has been told he can leave Derby, Jimmy Mcfadden released by Everton, come on Broon get them signed up!!

Baffles me why Dons fans seem to think this is a possibility. If McFadden dropped down a division (or two) in England he would still be playing far better football and getting paid much more than Aberdeen could offer. Why would he go from playing games for Everton, and being a semi-regular fixture in the Premiership for years, to playing in a squad whose sole ambition is to maybe win a shitty cup for the first time in 17 years or break into the top half of a joke league. Astounding.

Where do you stand on the Trapattoni debate? I've seen a lot of the Irish papers calling for him to go after Euro 2012 regardless of how they do because of the drab football they're playing and his insistence in picking all the old players over the young guys. Not a great way to prepare for a tournament.

Well, he got us there, which is better than anyone since McCarthy. I don't think the football we play is any worse than under McCarthy, Kerr or Staunton. The players that Trapattoni picked got us here too, and I think it would be silly not to pick them for this tournament. I dare say that it will be the last tournament for a fair few of the old guard too. I sometimes think Irish fans have an over inflated opinion of the qualities in the squad, we're hardly Spain or Brazil and we are best playing a very workman like and determined style of football.

Again, if we get out of the group, we'll damn hell win the whole thing.

Baffles me why Dons fans seem to think this is a possibility. If McFadden dropped down a division (or two) in England he would still be playing far better football and getting paid much more than Aberdeen could offer. Why would he go from playing games for Everton, and being a semi-regular fixture in the Premiership for years, to playing in a squad whose sole ambition is to maybe win a shitty cup for the first time in 17 years or break into the top half of a joke league. Astounding.

Hahaha calm down, it was more in jest than anything else, of course he is not going to sign for the dons, and paying money to take Maguire back would be a stupid idea.

Bad day?

Hahaha calm down, it was more in jest than anything else, of course he is not going to sign for the dons, and paying money to take Maguire back would be a stupid idea.

Bad day?

No. I've heard it seriously suggested a few times, and read enough of your posts, that I thought it could have been a serious idea.

Guest Gladstone

None of this shit matters.

If Martinez, Caldwell and Maloney stay at Wigan we're going to win the Premier League.

Ross County for the treble in Scotland.

Seriously though I really really hope that Martinez does not land up at Liverpool. Word of Redknapp being touted for the Liverpool job too. Surely not. Why the fuck would he want to leave what he's built up at Spurs to take such a fucking massive backward step?

None of this shit matters.

If Martinez, Caldwell and Maloney stay at Wigan we're going to win the Premier League.

Ross County for the treble in Scotland.

Seriously though I really really hope that Martinez does not land up at Liverpool. Word of Redknapp being touted for the Liverpool job too. Surely not. Why the fuck would he want to leave what he's built up at Spurs to take such a fucking massive backward step?

Don't see Harry driving up there for training everyday bloody loon that he is!

Feel the teensiest bit bad for Spurs. Losing Champs league to chelski ignoring to hurt them this window.