aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

The SFA are going to force the SPL and SFL to merge and put in place league reconstruction for the start of the new season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18471197

Guess that means they might be able to bitchslap Rangers into the lower divisions without waiting for the clubs themselves to vote on it.

Oo, that could be very interesting. Still can't see Rangers not being in the top flight next season in some guise or another, but that's maybe the cynical me talking.

Guest Gladstone

That does look interesting. Can the SFA do that? I hope so.

What the fuck has just happened in this Russia match? All Russia for 45 minutes. Can't believe Greece just snatched the lead. Unbelievable.

bet the odds on the Czechs and plate smashers getting through after the first game would have been good! What a brilliant tournament so far! I don't get particularly passionate or give that much of a shit about England these days but they did awfully well last night. Sure Sweden are pretty piss poor these days but kinda liking this lack of expectation with England. Think they'll be buggered when they come up against one of the top teams mind. And most the players are A1 cocks of the highest order.

Guest Gladstone

Greece totally deserved their victory in the end. Russia were all out of ideas. They should have had a penalty too - shame for the captain dude getting suspended for the QF.

If Germany and Holland win 1-0 tonight, Holland, Portugal and Denmark will all finish with 3 points.

Based on head to head results Holland would have the right ahead of Portugal, but not Denmark and Portugal would have the right over Denmark but not Holland.

All teams will have minus 1 goal difference.

Goals scored would be 3 for Denmark and Portugal with Holland 2.

Would that be Portugal the team to go through as they scored most goals with the result against the team equal on goals scored in their favour as they beat Denmark 3-2?

Then Holland would argue they beat Portugal.

Any ideas?

The BBC have covered it in laymen's terms here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18454917

I still don't 100% understand it though

I don't like this head to head stuff. It should be goal difference, then goals scored, then if they are level then I don't know. Perhaps "least racist fans" could be a criteria. Or "quantity of zoom-ins on hot female fans from cameramen over the course of the group games".

• Upvote 1

Celtic v Aberdeen

Hearts v St Johnstone

Kilmarnock v Club 12

Ross County v Motherwell

St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

"Club 12" - I like that. Tt has a "Room 101" or "Area 51" feel to it.

It should be a caveat that whoever gets voted into the SPL must change their name to "Club 12".

Just hope our chairman listens to the fans and votes The Buns out. The prospect of a first-fixture win against Dundee or DAFC might swing it.

yeah I kinda like the 'cloak and dagger' feel of Club 12, it has an air of mystique about it... in reality they should just have listed Club 12 as The Huns Part 2...

Bah as usual the new fixtures are out and I have to wait weeks to see what tin pot outfit we play on the opening day...

I hear Club 12 are looking into the possibility of signing Robbie Keane, since he's supported them since he was a boy and would dream of turning out for them.

There are so many of these jokes on the internet now. It's awesome.

My favourite parody is the Club 12 FC twitter. Here's their official kit for the new season...

AvqmZ7lCAAAQ-2x.png

• Upvote 1