aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Guest Gladstone

I saw that headline on the front of one of the tabloids actually.

"The day the taxman buried Rangers FC"

Get. To. Fuck.

The taxman. What a cunt, eh? Refusing to accept less than 10% of £75 million to keep these fucking cretins alive? Fuck off.

Tell you what Rangers, I'll buy your best player off you for £5 milion. I am only going to pay you 9% of that though. How does that sound? Pricks.

What they should realise is the HMRC has almost done them a favour, they have given them an easy option out, whilst going after the people who are really at fault, Murry and Whyte. None of the creditors were going to accept that deal, it just happens that HMRC had the biggest say. Ticketus were never going to accept 9p in the pound. Neither were Hearts or any of the other footballing creditors. At least now the club has shed a shit load of debt and can start working towards repairing the huge amount of damage they have done.

What they should realise is the HMRC has almost done them a favour, they have given them an easy option out, whilst going after the people who are really at fault, Murry and Whyte. None of the creditors were going to accept that deal, it just happens that HMRC had the biggest say. Ticketus were never going to accept 9p in the pound. Neither were Hearts or any of the other footballing creditors. At least now the club has shed a shit load of debt and can start working towards repairing the huge amount of damage they have done.

Were their footballing creditors not guaranteed to be paid in full?

The taxman. What a cunt, eh? Refusing to accept less than 10% of £75 million to keep these fucking cretins alive? Fuck off.

I can't believe they thought that was a fair and reasonable offer. Mind blowing.

I also can't believe they sold Jelavic to Everton for £5.5 million but still owe Rapid Vienna a million quid for him. Incredible. No way are the club responsible for all this trouble eh?

Were their footballing creditors not guaranteed to be paid in full?

Nope, they would have received the same as everyone else, Hearts have already spoken about what options they can take to recover the Lee Wallace money they are due as getting £40,000 out of the £800,000 they are due is not acceptable. What i want to know in this instance is why dont the SPL force Wallce back to Hearts, or state he cannot be played until they pay this money.

Realistically all this is doing is dragging out Rangers certain demise now. They have a huge figure of money owed to various businesses and most importantly the government. Tax evasion can get you a lovely 10 year break in prison and you can be fined 100% of outstanding tax. They don't really deserve to play in top flight football and I can't understand how they plan on paying to either.

Guest Gladstone

The SPL can't decide where in the SFL they land though, can they? They can only say "no" to them entering the SPL and then the SFL will decide their fate.

Yeah it doesnt work like that, they either get membership to the SPL or they start in division 3, there is no option for them to be booted to the 1st division for next year.

They apply for entry into the SFL, as far as I'm aware there's no hard and fast rule stating that that has to be Division 3. The SFL can accept them and put Rangers United 2012 into Division 1.

Sweden are dishing out some pretty extreme mind-games. Infact, it's not even mind-games. It's just "England are shit. We're gonna win". Some of their ex-pros are coming out and giving their thoughts on the game, and aren't even trying to be diplomatic, and just sticking the boot in. It's pretty great. No room for nice guys in football.

I'm not even expecting us to get out of the group really, but that said, Sweden looked toss against Ukraine. Sweden and their media will also look a bit silly if they lose, just as silly as we've looked everytime we've gone to a tournament with our papers claiming we are the best football team of all time, and we're going to smash everyone to pieces. We never do.

I'll go for 1-0 England tonight, and then a draw against Ukraine. 5 points might be enough. It could get complicated though.

Guest Gladstone
They apply for entry into the SFL, as far as I'm aware there's no hard and fast rule stating that that has to be Division 3. The SFL can accept them and put Rangers United 2012 into Division 1.

I have to admit - that's how I thought it worked. The SPL definitely has no say in where they go though. They have a choice between Rangers in or out. I thought the SFL could decide where to pitch a new entrant, but it would surely have to be voted in by the members of the SFL. If I was an SFL club, I'd want Rangers in there for as long as possible to generate as much cash as possible as they inevitably progress back to the SPL. Pitch them into Division 1 and there's every chance they'll just be there for 1 season.

I have to admit - that's how I thought it worked. The SPL definitely has no say in where they go though. They have a choice between Rangers in or out. I thought the SFL could decide where to pitch a new entrant, but it would surely have to be voted in by the members of the SFL. If I was an SFL club, I'd want Rangers in there for as long as possible to generate as much cash as possible as they inevitably progress back to the SPL. Pitch them into Division 1 and there's every chance they'll just be there for 1 season.

Aye, but if you're a Division 3 team who's got a chance of promotion, are you going to vote for Rangers to go into your league and effectively dash any chances you've got of being promoted? If they get kicked out and Dunfermline / Dundee go up, there's a space in Division 1.

Guest Gladstone
Sweden are dishing out some pretty extreme mind-games. Infact, it's not even mind-games. It's just "England are shit. We're gonna win". Some of their ex-pros are coming out and giving their thoughts on the game, and aren't even trying to be diplomatic, and just sticking the boot in. It's pretty great. No room for nice guys in football.

I'm not even expecting us to get out of the group really, but that said, Sweden looked toss against Ukraine. Sweden and their media will also look a bit silly if they lose, just as silly as we've looked everytime we've gone to a tournament with our papers claiming we are the best football team of all time, and we're going to smash everyone to pieces. We never do.

I'll go for 1-0 England tonight, and then a draw against Ukraine. 5 points might be enough. It could get complicated though.

I didn't see Sweden's first game, but didn't they get beat? Where is this confidence coming from? Do they just think England are absolutely woeful?

I guess there is the fact that England have never beat Sweden in a competitive match but Sweden can't be very good, are they? They've got the crazy genius up front but other than that? I want to say I predict an England victory, but that statistic is still there and it will be at the back of the minds of the English players that they've never ever beaten this team in a competitive match. It's not as if they've only played a couple of times - they seem to draw each other in every single competition. If it's a nervy 1-0 in England's favour towards the end of the match, England will be absolutely bricking it. It could well be a draw. I can't see Sweden winning though (unless I've forgotten about some other amazing players they have in their team!?)

Guest Gladstone
Aye, but if you're a Division 3 team who's got a chance of promotion, are you going to vote for Rangers to go into your league and effectively dash any chances you've got of being promoted? If they get kicked out and Dunfermline / Dundee go up, there's a space in Division 1.

Hmm - hadn't thought of that I suppose. Won't the same go for Division 1 clubs though? If Dunfermline land back in the SPL and you're Dundee or one of the other clubs chasing SPL football, you're not going to vote Rangers into Division 1.

EDIT: Not going to happen, but it would be really really funny if the SFL told them to fuck off too.