aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

That Robin Van Rapey goal was awesome. Badstuber completely blocked Neuer's line of sight though. Game on!

He wasn't actually convicted of rape, just sayin'...

Harry Redknapp is no longer your manager btw! How do you feel about that?

About the only thing I've ever envied Aberdeen FC for is having Addidas as the kit maker again. They seem to make nice ones every year.

We're still getting boring kits churned out by Nike. This years is meant to be a retro style one but it's pretty ugly in my opinion. The away one is just plain white. Totally plain apart from the ugly CALOR sponser.

Guest Gladstone
96 I think.

I too quite like the new strip, though not the long sleeved ones

96 "you think"? You totally googled that. ;)

I was going to hazard a guess that it was the JVC strip, which must have been late 80s, maybe just about 1990? What was the sponsor in 96?

Guest Gladstone

There's an article on BBC Sport with a pretty wishy-washy view on how each club will vote, but it does suggest that quite a few won't vote in favour of a newco. How many votes do they need?

Rangers actually get to vote, which is fucking ridiculous, but means they've got one guaranteed vote. Pretty certain Celtic will vote in favour although their fans are apparently against a newco coming in which will need to be considered.

Guest Gladstone

The Man United job has to be coming up in the next couple of years. Moyes has been touted as Fergie's successor for years - he may fancy himself for that and hold out.

But they "don't do walking away" ??

I hope Moyes stays at Everton, but he must be itching to manage a club where he can spend more than £3million on a player. With a bit of money, he'd win it all.

Then dont do walking away when they are playing in the top flight, on very good contracts, fighting for titles and european football. Lets see how many dont walk away when they have 3rd division football and games against powerhouses like Berwick to look forward too :D

A very interesting thing i read today, i think its Dundee United it came from, bascially in order for them to make up the loss of Rangers in the SPL, they would have to sell only 300 extra season tickets, i cant imagine the dons being too different, maybe an extra 500-1000, would these fans buy tickets if there was more hope of a level competiion?

To answer a few questions raised in this thread:

The last time Aberdeen had white shorts was the 'Living Design' kit of 96/97.

aberdeen_1996-1997_b.gif

Rangers need an 8-4 majority vote to retain SPL status.

Moyes should take the Spurs job as a stepping stone to the United job IMO - don't think it's likely he'll get it straight from Everton. I think Guardiola will end up at Man Utd anyway.

The Man United job has to be coming up in the next couple of years. Moyes has been touted as Fergie's successor for years - he may fancy himself for that and hold out.

Or he might stick two fingers up to Fergie and win the League and the Champions League and the World Series with Spurs.

Moyes is the man to take over Fergie though. Alot say Mourinho, but he's not right for the job. He's got itchy feet. He's a managerial bachelor. He doesn't want to be tied down. He'll just cheat on you with another club. Fuck that guy.