aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

They've only lost 2 games in their last 11 and those were against city and united. It was always going to take a while to turn the team around after being so awful last year but Lambert is a great coach and I don't think there's any way they'll be worrying about relegation come the final games of the season.

I too have a bit of a soft spot for Villa. I like that Fabian Delph lad, and I've always been a fan of the problematic and tormented career of Stephen Ireland. That City midfield of him and Elano was mega. Sod their billion pound Yaya and Silva midfield. Ireland had it all, and when you can ping free kicks in like Elano, who needs £38million strikers? Nobody. I hope some day soon Ireland proves us all wrong and returns to his previous form. He'll scoop the Ballon d'Or if he does. Easy.

Aston Villa do have some seriously unusual fans who are convinced that they are a massive club, ensconced with heritage, and worthy of dynamic attacking football every week. They are almost like the Aberdeen fans of the 90s, possessing a frighteningly intense expectation that their football club constantly challenges for titles and plays total football. Aberdeen fans had the 80s, during which they sort of did that. Fair play, but move on (and they eventually did, for the most part). Aston Villa, though...when the fuck have they ever been a force? Never, that's when.

Strange club, with strange fans. I hope failing at Aston Villa doesn't fuck up Paul Lambert's career the same way it has fucked up others', 'cos I like the cut of that guy's jib.

They are a bit toss nowadays but Villa definitely used to be a force. 1979 - 1982 were very good years for Aston Villa. Ron Saunders was a great manager. Wrestled the league title from Liverpool stopping them from winning 3 on the bounce (which they went on to do after Villa's league triumph). They won the European Cup in '82 against Rumenigge's Bayern Munich. Munich steamrolled all the way to the final, and it was the mighty NIGEL SPINK in goal for Villa who was the difference. They also beat Barca in the final of the Super Cup. Dominated Europe!

They are also one of only 7 clubs to have played in every Premier League season since its inception. The others being United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, all of which are considered to be very big clubs.

I watched a programme about Ron Saunders Villa stint a few years ago on ESPN Classic, if that channel even exists anymore. It made me quite like Villa.

Demba Ba is apparently cheesed off because we play hoofball.

Mate, you're the bloody reason we play this style of football, you dipshit. Remember last season when you were playing on the left and we were dicking teams all over the place? Remember that strop you took about playing centrally? Remember every bloody game this season in which the jellyfish Pardew has fucked everything else up to accommodate you in a central role?

Thick twat.

Apparently, Bookies are slashing odds on Swansea signing David Villa on a 3 month loan after betting trends involving very high stakes today. Mental!

He's all over the place at the moment one of the actual decent Arsenal ITKs said Arsenal are in for a permanent deal at 17mill Euros. He probably does want to move needs a last payday and he's not getting (enough) games at Barca.