aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Did anyone know this website exists:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/default/marktwerte/basics.html

I didn't.

It's a database of top players holding an unbelievable amount of statistics, including injury and contract history, and it fabricates monetary market values for players based on stats, form, age etc. It also records a history of how that value has changed over the years based on those former factors. Its like a football manager database, but it updates with REAL LIFE! It's awesome/sad/a colossal waste of time looking up players and seeing how much this system reckons they are worth. Some seem fair, but then you get Nani rated at £32million. Guffaw.

1161355771.jpg

That's sa-aaad

• Upvote 1

They way I read it, they are banned from the first one they qualify for (if any) in the next 4 years.

Yeah they are but that's still going to get their best players raided.

Arsenal up to 3rd now. I know we're not playing great at the moment but a couple of players in January and its not all doom and gloom. Got the last 16 champs league money and still in the FA cup. WENGEROUT...

xw5b30

Shola's goal yesterday. What a boy. I know you all probably think he's shit, but two or three times a season he pops up with things like the above, this and this.

It's pretty crazy. He'll play like Bambi on stilts quite often, but every now and then he goes into some kind of BEAST MODE and wrecks everything. There are times when the fucker comes on and throws himself around like Drogba. Then we start him the next game and he fluffs a few shots, strolls around a bit, falls over and gets subbed with a cheeky smile in the 60th minute. wat?

Love that guy.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah they are but that's still going to get their best players raided.

Arsenal up to 3rd now. I know we're not playing great at the moment but a couple of players in January and its not all doom and gloom. Got the last 16 champs league money and still in the FA cup. WENGEROUT...

I read a swap deal was on the cards, Walcott for Dzeko.

xw5b30

Shola's goal yesterday. What a boy. I know you all probably think he's shit, but two or three times a season he pops up with things like the above, this and this.

It's pretty crazy. He'll play like Bambi on stilts quite often, but every now and then he goes into some kind of BEAST MODE and wrecks everything. There are times when the fucker comes on and throws himself around like Drogba. Then we start him the next game and he fluffs a few shots, strolls around a bit, falls over and gets subbed with a cheeky smile in the 60th minute. wat?

Love that guy.

Shola's not shit, hes just a bit synonymous with what was wrong with the Toon before they got relegated, they had half a dozen Shola's - decent on their day which was once every 20 games. Sholas alright like, done alright for himself outside football too by all accounts? does he not own a large part of some houseing development in the Toon?

Shola's not shit, hes just a bit synonymous with what was wrong with the Toon before they got relegated, they had half a dozen Shola's - decent on their day which was once every 20 games. Sholas alright like, done alright for himself outside football too by all accounts? does he not own a large part of some houseing development in the Toon?

I've no idea about the housing development, but he has been my favourite footballer for quite a long time. Loves the club, scores massively important goals, always scores against Sunderland, clearly has all the physical and technical tools in his locker but is more often than not let down by his mentality. I love the guy. The very definition of a cult hero.

I've always had more of an affinity for flawed players though. I'm more of a Francesco Totti guy than a Lionel Messi guy.

This is the Williams incident from yesterday, incase anyone missed it. It looks like he intentionally pelted it at his head to me. Looks like he's looking at Van Persie the whole time whilst he's doing it, doesn't show any sort of remorse. Cunt.

50b39e0b456ab8bc57ca373d107d6177_large.gif

If it was a genuine clearance, he'd have got under it to give the ball some flight. He slices at it low with the outside of the boot right at him. That's never a clearance. Throw the book at him, to the back of the head. See how he likes it.

Fergie was a little over the top, but still wildly dangerous. Alan Smith had his leg broken by a ball being smashed at him. What's stopping RvP getting his skull busted in by that from such close range. Williams is a stocky lad too, I bet he can welly a football with a fair bit of force. Ban the cunt.

Besides, why would he be "clearing" it? Swansea don't do clearances. Always play out from the back. It should have been a sidefooted pass into the back of RvPs head.