aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Did he also say "it's only a bit of moulded leather and some studs" when Balotelli stamped on Scott Parker last season and got away with it long enough to score the winning goal?

I like the whole "just a bag of air" arguments. It sounds like they are personally lining up to have their skull belted by a ball twatted by a stacked, stocky professional centre back like it's one of those toy shop fly-away footballs.

• Upvote 1

Definitely poor sportsmanship, and dangerous, though I don't think it's quite as life-threatening as Fergie suggested.

A certain city supporter from these boards has been boringly on the windup about this on twitter. A ball hoofed off the head can certainly cause a nasty concussion so it's not outwith the realms of possibility that it could cause more severe damage. Fergie's definitely been a bit dramatic with his lucky to be alive comments though.

A certain city supporter from these boards has been boringly on the windup about this on twitter. A ball hoofed off the head can certainly cause a nasty concussion so it's not outwith the realms of possibility that it could cause more severe damage. Fergie's definitely been a bit dramatic with his lucky to be alive comments though.

I routinely unfollow Nev every time Man City get a big win or something bad happens to Man United. He's fucking unbearable. I reckon he sent about 100 tweets the day City put 6 past United.

He did it on purpose but Fergie's raging interview was totally hilarious.

"The most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field"

Cantona kung foo kick?

Keane tackle on Haaland the career ender?

The kung fu kick was off the field of play.

The Keane tackle on Haaland was a piece of absolute glorious retribution. It was poetry, in fact. Haaland was a gobby shite who tried to psychologically defeat his opponent by belittling him in public in front of his teammates, friends, and family. Does he really expect someone like Roy Keane to just accept that? A pound of flesh, and all that.

In saying that, Sir Alex did go over the top. But when you see Alan Smith having his leg broken by a football that was kicked hard, you can actually sort of see where Ferguson is coming from. Had RVP's head been turned in a direction that caused the neck muscles to momentarily weaken or fail to deal with immediate forceful duress, he could well have been in trouble.

Ashley Williams can deny the intent all he wants, but as someone who used to play regular competitive football, I have seen people blooter the ball off an opponent in anger many many times, and when adrenaline is flowing, RVP's reaction was understandable. Williams fucking meant it. He just couldn't believe he actually hit the jackpot and got his head. Usually his clearances are very high and wide.

I do believe Fergie has blown it all out of proportion, though. And I completely understand the point you are making (that Sir Alex ought to look more inwardly and be less of a hypocrite).

Fergie does it all the time. If he drops points, he picks an incident, makes a mountain out of it and lets the media run riot. Nobody is talking about how shite Rooney was, or how United missed 5 or 6 absolute sitters. Everyone is talking about Williams and RvP. Pressure off. Master of deception. Or just a mardy grouch. Probably both.

I don't condone what Keane did to Haaland, but alot do forget that Keane went down injured against Leeds United and Haaland screamed at Keane whilst on the floor, claiming he dived and was feigning injury. That was enough to sell it to the referee and Keane was booked for diving, despite being stretchered off the pitch and being out for nearly 12 months. Belittling a player whilst he's down and injured? Tough guy. So Keane gave him a belting a few years later. Welcome to reality.

Also, Keane didn't end Haaland's career.

The tackle itself did not cause any injury to Håland, nor forced him to retire as is widely reported, as he went on to finish the match and played the next game, coming off in the 68th minute.[3] He also played in a friendly for Norway in between the two games, coming off at half-time.[4] Haaland finally retired in July 2003 after failing to recover full fitness from a long-standing injury to his left knee.

Keane's foul was on Haaland's right knee.

Yeah my point was more as Eupraxia said it was just blown out of proportion. Although I still think the Cantona kick counts as a football incident.

The whole thing was quite comical at the time (because he was ok, not arguing it wasn't a bit dangerous) Van Persie getting up irate falling over trying to grab at Williams who looked totally non fussed by the whole thing. Fergie's fuming interview. Top telly.

Chico Flores' surreptitious trip on RVP as he rose and turned towards Ashley Williams was pretty funny, too. He goes down in a couple of installments and also grabs Williams' shirt in an effort to maintain balance. It's quite LOL-worthy!

RVP is still approximately thirty seven times the football player that Ashley Williams is, though. Van Persie won that one.

Almost every player mentioned over the past couple of pages is a ranging bell-end anyway. May they all have footballs blasted at their head from close range forever more.

Besides, Ashley Williams' "attempted murder" of RVP is going to look like walk in the park compared to the BEASTING Mike Williamson is going to give him today. Right guys?

Right... ?

RIGHT?!

okay-meme-face.jpg

United are there for the taking today. Half the team appears to be "ill". No Rooney, Rafael, Young or Welbeck. Vidic and Cleverley on the bench. Nani, Kagawa and Anderson still injured. Giggs, Scholes and Carrick running the midfield... RvP is going to have to win this one on his own.

lol... have you seen our XI?