aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4689889/Ryan-on-Gers-list.html

Plus the guys i speak to on the SI forums who are on follow follow say its been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, Gers ready to offer him £4k a week basic wage with a ton of add on's for promotion, they think they can get him for only £250k compensation.

Also if the rumours are to be believed, the dons have offered him a deal that takes him inline with the bottom first teamers, not inline with the top earners at todders and his agent wants him to be one of the top paid players at the club, which means there is very little chance of a re-negotiation as the dons wont offer him that.

Aberdeen would get less compensation from a team in Div.3 than they would if he moved to the English Championship or even to another SPL team. It would be hugely disappointing.

If that is true, then the club have done the right thing. There's no way a teenager should be commanding a 'top earner' salary after less than 20 appearances for the first team.

He was royally pissed off with the club at only offering him a one year deal when he signed his current contract, so perhaps this is a 'fuck you' to a club that weren't convinced about him six months ago. Let's just say the guy who dishes out the contracts at Pittodrie is an arsehole.

Well again from the stuff i have read, the dons were ready to let him go, the 1 year deal was the last chance for him at pittodrie as he wasnt impressing both with his performances and attitude, but this year he has obviously turned it around. I hope the Rangers thing isnt true, one of the guys at work knows his old man who is a die hard dandie, so hopefully that should mean there is no chance of him going there.

Out of interest, what makes you say that?

I don't believe he'll stay in Scotland but if he's going to I would think (hope) that he at least goes up a level and the only way he's going to do that in Scotland is at Celtic.

The Rangers move is just speculative pish (much the same as my own view, admittedly but mine isn't published in a newspaper). Apart from anything else they can't sign anyone until the start of next season and we'll be looking to punt Fraser in January.

If anything showed a complete lack of ambition it would be signing a pre contract now for a team you can't play for until September 2013 when instead he could be getting EPL offers.

• Upvote 2

I don't believe he'll stay in Scotland but if he's going to I would think (hope) that he at least goes up a level and the only way he's going to do that in Scotland is at Celtic.

The Rangers move is just speculative pish (much the same as my own view, admittedly but mine isn't published in a newspaper). Apart from anything else they can't sign anyone until the start of next season and we'll be looking to punt Fraser in January.

If anything showed a complete lack of ambition it would be signing a pre contract now for a team you can't play for until September 2013 when instead he could be getting EPL offers.

I really want to agree with everything you just said, but I'm yet to be convinced that Rangers won't somehow end up in the "elite" league in Scotland next season. I also feel they'll quite probably find a way to sign players in January. They'll concoct some pish and the SFA will bend over and take Lucifer's cock right in the unlubricated hoop.

Rangers are still a considerably bigger club than Aberdeen ever will be, and they will always have distinctly more fiscal power than Aberdeen. I think we've established by now that the child is being poorly advised, so a move to Rangers, sadly, is as likely as any other move in my opinion. He's more likely to start each week for Rangers than he will at Celtic or anyone in the Npower Championship (let alone the Premier League - he's certainly not that good). His agent will still hammer home to Ryan that a move to Rangers, even just now, is still a huge step up. Look at David Templeton - I was sickened when he went to Rangers; I would have loved to see him continue in the SPL, along with Dean Shiels.

I dunno, I just think Rangers will find a way to sign players in January, and if not, I think Fraser would probably be advised by his agency to sign a pre-contract with Rangers and stick it out until the end of the season.

I sincerely hope my speculation is massively wide of the mark. Your theory is far more palatable. That said, I'd dislike it if he moved to Celtic as much as I would if he moved to Rangers. Because I dislike Celtic to the same extent.

Yeah sad fact is guys, Rangers still piss over us in terms of size, we would have had no chance signing the players they were able to convince to move in the summer, and lets be fair, we would easily have Templeton, or Black or Sandaza. They can dwarf the money we are offering, can offer him 50,000 crowds week in week out and like phil says by the looks of things they will be back in the top flight sooner rather than later. Even if the Gers cannot sign him in January they can make him an offer to sign at the end of the season and come September he could be a Rangers player.

That would be brilliant, and also a stern and cold life lesson for the ball boys. Those league-official floaty Nike footballs cost over £100 each. Fetching one from the crocodile moat after a wayward longball will teach these kids a thing or two about espionage, and not being a big wendy. If you can fish a football out of a croc pond, you're ready for anything!

in 2001., Australia beat American Samoa 31-0 in a World Cup qualifier. Australia were up 16-0 at half time. That's pretty much a goal every 3 minutes. The America Samoa coach praised his goalkeeper for a "magnificent display" and was then sacked.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/12/manager-fired-scoring-the-knowledge