aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Benitez is actually hilarious if you think about it, cant remember a manager "booed" like that for a long time, whats the first thing he does?

1. drop Juan Mata! Imagine what he'd do if he got the Barca job? hahaha!

2. Tells the Champions league winners / 2nd / 3rd in the league - your not fit enough, which basically means "youve NEVER never been fit enough" so, i need to change EVERYTHING.

3. - Get thumped in a London derby. Gotta give it the guy, the man dont give a fuck! Id actually shit myself if he got sacked tonight. PLEASE Roman DONT let this happen. far too much hilarity left in this.

Chelsea are a right laugh now. They were serious title contenders under RDM. He had dropped a few points, but they were against good in-form teams away from home. That happens, because no team in football is perfect. Now they've got Rafa who is dismantling the club by himself and completely butchering the tactics which had them playing great, exciting football, albeit defensively flawed, but what do you expect when a team sets up so offensively? I don't think they have a chance of pushing for the title now. I'd love it if they finished outside the top 4 as a result of Roman being a massive bellend.

Then again, I also want Rafa to be a huge success just so the astronomical amount of dickhead Chelsea fans who booed him before he took charge of his first game would be eating their words. Alot of them are claiming to have boycotted the club whist Rafa is in charge. It would be mint if they won every trophy imaginable whilst all the tossers refused to watch the team.

I don't really know which if those I'd prefer. Maybe Roman should just pull the plug and they could go bust as no one else is stupid enough to pay John Terry £1million per month.

Jesus, is that what he earns? unreal. Such a huge void now between top and bottom.....dont think its fair, but im biased....wouodnt complain if Stoke won a Champions League and how many league titles. :)

Yeh they were actually quite decent to watch to be fair, Torres lookied like he was finding some form but hey......not noooooooooooooow!

Dont see where Abramovich can go now really, think the Premiership hit a plateau of how bigger names it can attract, cant see Guardiola going for it but could be wrong. Get Steve Mclaren in!! hahaha!

Arsenal need to have a huge January window or that so loved run of top 4 finishes and last 16 of Champions league is going to come crushing to an end.

So much apathy from players, Podolski and Gervinho the worst. Need to spend money in January or top 6 is all that can be hoped for.

Swansea were very good today but Arsenal's lack of effort made it so much worse.

• Upvote 1

Arsenal need to have a huge January window or that so loved run of top 4 finishes and last 16 of Champions league is going to come crushing to an end.

So much apathy from players, Podolski and Gervinho the worst. Need to spend money in January or top 6 is all that can be hoped for.

Swansea were very good today but Arsenal's lack of effort made it so much worse.

Top 6? that all? thats shit. :p

( ) ..thats how much chance there is of Arsenal spending big in January. Slim to none.

What a ridiculous 45 minutes that was. Dull second half, but great discipline to see it out. First half was just real life FIFA. Goals, shite marking, mashing the shoot button, making every player pass and run forwards so when the other team gets the ball, it's an instant counter attack. Mental.

Anderson was mint, until he predictably went off injured. Happens every year. 3 great games, then a knackered leg, and he's out until March, where he puts on 3 stone. His goal was a beaut though. First time volley for the passt to Young, neat ball back to him, then GAZUMP. He put all of his 16 stone behind that. Could have punctured the ball, the fat cunt.

Phil Jones is totally toss in midfield. He's not a ball player. He's a total meathead. He's a centre back who will stop goals with his face by diving in like a lunatic who fears no pain, then hoof it. In midfield, he just clumsily dribbles, gets tackled by nobody, falls over then hobbles around for a bit. Why wasn't Cleverley brought on instead?

( ) ..thats how much chance there is of Arsenal spending big in January. Slim to none.

Dunno like. The board have come out and said a large chunk of money is available after recording largte profits and cementing a new deal with Emirates, so they've got a right wedge to spend. It's just whether or not Wenger will spend it.

Swansea were excellent though, and Michu is just ridiculous. Arsenal should buy him, and get rid of Gervinho, because Gervinho makes Danny Welbeck look like fucking PELE. Gervinho is shit, basically, and Welbeck is a bit terrible too, but he's definitely not as bad as Gervinho.

• Upvote 1

Dunno like. The board have come out and said a large chunk of money is available after recording largte profits and cementing a new deal with Emirates, so they've got a right wedge to spend. It's just whether or not Wenger will spend it.

Swansea were excellent though, and Michu is just ridiculous. Arsenal should buy him, and get rid of Gervinho, because Gervinho makes Danny Welbeck look like fucking PELE. Gervinho is shit, basically, and Welbeck is a bit terrible too, but he's definitely not as bad as Gervinho.

Aw man, that was to wind up a goooooner!!! ( if he is one, oops if not... ) ...... nowt better than that :) nah, i hope they do spend as i think the title race needs them in it no doubt about that, Arsenal can be 15th with 10 games to go and still contend ( well....) Swansea v Arsenal is becoming a seasons spectacle, was it last year? the best 1 - 1 in history?? So good, Swansea were fucking awsome.

Wellbeck reminds me of Bent for some reason, you do actually wonder how they made it, but they obviously have something ...Bent nets though.......Fergie REALLY rates him doesnt he? and Phil "Psycho" Jones. Phil Jones is good though man, probably not as a play maker haha! Not bad for top of the league :)

Welbeck reminds me of Heskey. Works hard, wins the ball, keeps it well, but couldn't find the net if it was twice the size and had no goalkeeper. I think Fergie is just stubborn. He said Welbeck would be on the plane for the 2010 World Cup, but that was obviously wide of the mark. Now he doesn't want to give up on him. Same when he said "Macheda is the best finisher on the planet". He sure does like to save face before giving up.

I like Jones, but he was playing as an attacking midfielder, and he was LOLbad. He needs to play as a CB, or not at all.

ooh eck squeaky bum time at Cambridge as we hurtle into the BSP relegation zone without kicking a ball yesterday. Massive game away at Ebbsfleet Tuesday who are one place above us in the table. Think I shall go to that one as not too far and off work Tuesday.

I'm enjoying watching Chelsea fail because Abramovich and the way he treats managers is an absolute joke. Be even funnier if they get beaten in the club world championship by some obscure team no-one has ever heard of.

Should be a tasty encouter in the cup today between AFC Wimbledon and MK Franchise Dons. Hope the former wins but think the latter will sneak through.

Another bizarre sacking in the lower leagues with Mickey Mellon getting the boot by Fleetwood who are doing pretty well in League 2 after getting promotion last season. As is sometimes the case in such a situation, apparently he went for the Burnley job when it was vacant and the chairman has been looking for an excuse to give him the sack since!

And well done to Arbroath for snatching a draw at Celtic!!!!

Pulled this off the Phoenix FC website and felt i had to share:

Screenshot2012-12-02at001959.png

I don't remember Dazzer doing a bicycle kick in an Aberdeen shirt, i reckon that was him falling over. The welcome video is hilarious too...

You'd think a reading champion could cope with an autocue better than that.

And I remember the overhead kick, think it may have been against Killie and went something like this. At the Merkie end - ball crossed in from the right - Dazzler lines up an overhead kick - "NO...YOU'LL FUCK IT UP" - catches it sweet, textbook technique - cleared off the line. It would have been his finest moment if some jobsworth centre half hadn't covered for his keeper.