aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

A manager can't even have one bad patch at Chelsea. It's ridiculous. This is probably the most surprising of all Roman's sackings.

It wasn't even a bad patch really. They lost away to Juventus, who people seem to forget are really, really good. They lost away to West Brom who look solid at home and have been playing extremely well all season. They've also brought in a number of very young players who will take time to gel and mature. Despite sitting 3rd in the league, they've been the best team in the league so far, I reckon. City and United have scraped results and dug deep, but Chelsea have played the best football.

Still, I never thought he'd actually be taken on permanently, so I'm not hugely surprised he's been sakced. I was more surprised by Ancelotti geting sacked, as he did very well in his first season, and didn't really do that badly in his second season.

Roman may as well just take his coaching badges and manage the team hiself.

• Upvote 1

Roman's surely got a replacement on the cards. It seems utterly daft to sack RDM and not have a fallback.

But yeah, sort of considering maybe I shouldn't be a Chelsea fan. Feeling so dirty.

Guardiola seems the obvious choice but from what I've read he'd have a job on trying to convince him. What's that going to make, 9 managers in 9 years under Abramovich? Ranieri, Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Ancelotti, Villas Boas, Di Matteo, Hiddink....

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/fc-nordsjaelland-2-shakhtar-donetsk-5-longer-highlights/

Did anyone see this last night? Nordsjaelland player went down injured and the game stopped, so the referee did a drop-ball. Willian hoofed it up the pitch, intending it to go the the goalkeeper. Adriano ran through, rounded the keeper and scored. So, it seemed that Shakhtar were going to let Nordsjaelland dribble the ball up the pitch and score a goal of their own, but after a few steps, he gets tackled and the game carries on as normal. Nordsjaelland eventually take the lead on their own (with a beaut of a goal), but then Shakhtar totally twatted them.

BAD BASTARDS.

Juve smashing them will also mean that Chelsea are out, which will be great. So hopefully all of that happens.

Adriano said it was "instinct". Somehow his instinct didn't pick up on nobody making a challenge on him, as he kept on running and rounded the protesting goalkeeper. Dick. I bet he appeals when his case is heard and he is let off.