aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I think it was the best goal I've ever seen, because no other goal I've ever seen has caused me to nearly flip my laptop over and spill my drink on the sofa. I didn't know what I was doing. Possibly trying to clap and/or cheer with a glass of juice in my hand, over a stream on a laptop. I looked like a twat anyway, and I made a mess. So, yeah. Best goal ever.

Has anyone seen one of these all-time great goals live in person?

I was at the argentina v brazil game where Messi scored a goal that's in the puskas list this year. It wasn't that great - I think they just needed a Messi goal in there somewhere.

One of my mates was at the game where trev sinclair scored his overhead. He missed it coz he was eating a pie. Says that bite was one the biggest regrets in his life.

So this is the list of best goals this year:

Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle) v Blackburn

Gaston Maella (Nacional Potosi) v The Strongest

Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali

Olivia Jimenez (Mexico) v Switzerland

Lionel Messi (Argentina) v Brazil

Moussa Sow (Fenerbahce) v Galatasaray

Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi

Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Ghana) v Guinea

Eric Hassli (Vancouver) v Toronto

Neymar (Santos) v Internacional

Neymar or falcao for me. Neymar's is frightening - such a direct, attacking run. Falcao's is pure technique.

Oddly enough, I think the Messi one is the least spectacular of the lot.

I love a volley over a mazy run anyday, so I'd go with Falcao too.

Yeah, that's the one I saw in-person. Wasn't anything special. The Ghanaian one is a classic bobbly pitch african cup of nations bullet - they are dime a dozen. The Vancouver one is pretty good but he was wide open so i'm taking points off. Ben arfa's involved some luck, the behind the head flick one is just a novelty/fluke and I can't remember the rest.

I watched them all just now. They are all grand to watch. I love the Ben Arfa one. It had a bit of Zlatan about it (that goal he scored at Ajax) when he just kept turning when he should have taken a shot. He just seems to keep going on and on, and then finally blasts it. The keepers reaction is pretty hilarious. Totally merked.

Falcao has decided what he's going to do as soon as the corner is taken. I don't understand how nobody gets near him, but the connection is perfect.

I like how Maella's goal is against a team called THE STRONGEST.

Yeah, that's the one I saw in-person. Wasn't anything special. The Ghanaian one is a classic bobbly pitch african cup of nations bullet - they are dime a dozen. The Vancouver one is pretty good but he was wide open so i'm taking points off. Ben arfa's involved some luck, the behind the head flick one is just a novelty/fluke and I can't remember the rest.

Badu flicks it up then hits it on the volley, no bobble.

No Papiss on that best goals list makes me sad. I prefer it to the Ben Arfa goal.

Speaking of Papiss, Senegal are apparently trying to block us from playing him this weekend. I have no idea what that means and if they can actually do that, but piss off, guys. I know Papiss has been playing drunk this season, but our only other fit strikers are Ba and Shola. Are you really gonna make us stick Nile Ranger on the bench? Get out of here.

Our list of unavailable players is bloody stupid. Coloccini, Jonas, Cabaye, Perchinho, Sammy Ameobi, Gosling, Ryan Taylor, Vuckic and now potentially Papiss and Anita. Bloody hell. Even fucking XISCO is injured. XISCO, ffs. The lack of central midfielders will unfortunately give Pardew and excuse to employ the God-awful 4-4-2 system he's used for most of the season, which is a shame. Let's hope Tiote and his son Bigirimana can nobble Michu before he bloody scores. It's our only hope.

Nile Ranger. Fuck off.

Messi goal is great but Brazil were sitting off him quite a bit. Also doesn't help that he scores so many goals like that it becomes normal.

One of the biggest reactions I remember having to a great goal (while watching at home alone, not actually at a game or in a pub) was Cambiaso for Argentina against Serbia. Jumped right off my sofa I did.

TOTAL FOOTBALL

• Upvote 1