aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Gordon Strachan. With Joe Jordan assisting, mainly to boot the fuck out of under-performing and unmotivated individuals.

I think Strachan would listen to any approach the SFA made to him about the position.

I agree on the Joe Jordan front, he'd get it right up the lollygaggers and sadsacks.

Don't think Strachan will be interested but I think he'd be good enough. McLeish might jump back in but he'd be off as soon as someone's seat started getting a little warm in the EPL/Championship dugouts. Smith won't want the hassle.

Going on a little adventure away to Newport County today, they're top of the league, we're absolute pants at the moment, be amazed if there is anything but a convincing home win in freezing conditions. Still always take the opportunity to go abroad when I can!

This is true, although I reckon if you looked at the last 20 years there aren't too many other sides who've been more successful in both league and cup competitions (Man U, Arsenal, maybe Chelsea). Much as it pains me to say it, Liverpool have swapped with Man U over the last 20 years. It's more-or-less an exact role reversal from the 70s and 80s.

Exactly when I was growing up Liverpool just won and won and won and Man Utd were utter pants apart from the odd FA Cup win. Though its hard to see Liverpool getting back to what they were in the current environment unless someone invests as ridiculously heavy as the Man City owners did.

#askstevieg on twitter, absolute banter!

Ryan Gigg's wife divorced him & took half of everything. How do you feel about her having 6 more Premier League medals than you?
Who would win in a foot race, Jamie Carragher or the erosion of the UK coastline
On a scale of Jonjo Shelvey to Jordan Henderson, just how bad is Stewart Downing?
Does it piss you off that you used to play with Torres, Alonso & Mascherano and you now play with Borini, Shelvey & Henderson?
Ji Sung Park @RealParkJiSung

#AskStevieG would you like a photocopy of my Premiership winners medals?

• Upvote 1

The number 4 did the right thing, I think. He was clearly signalling for someone to pick Giroud up while he got to the corner of the 6-yard box to try and cut out the cross. The other two defenders in the box were picking men up already so it was on the guy slowly trotting back to get himself between Giroud and the goal but he seemed content enough to get almost alongside him before stopping. That gave Giroud a free run onto the cross.

To sum up: great header, shit tracking back.