aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Dodgy decisions for sure, but i dont think ive ever seen a game where 2 players have been booked or sent off for simulation, sign of things to come?. Lest hope.

P.S anyone else hear the guy in the crowd shouting about someones ( i assume Clattenberg ) wife taking it up the arse? haha! mustve been stood next to a mic of some description, would never have happened on the bbc!! .....:p

Shocking decisions were all well and good when Liverpool were suffering earlier but this is outrageous.

Exactly. Even as a United fan, it's unbelievable. I didn't even cheer when Hernandez scored. That game could have ended in a riot. I believe one of the stewards got injured by a missile when Hernandez scored. It could have escalated. Clattenburg will need to drive home in a bulletproof Pope-mobile. Poor stuff. Don't think United would have won even with Chelsea down to 10 men. It was the second red that killed them.

It's tough, because the governing bodies are telling refs to clamp down on diving, but they just don't have the capacity to judge dives from real time challenges. He's doing what has been asked of him, but he's got it wrong because it should realistically be well out of his remit. If they want to punish divers, they need to be reviewed from replays after the game, and not when 2 plays are running at full speed and tumbling. Unless you're a Jedi, you just don't have the vision to judge that. He also booked Valencia for diving late in the second half, and that was a total nonsense call too, as there was contact, but it was just a coming together rather than a foul, as Mikel appeared to get the ball.

Who'd be a ref, eh?

Exactly. Even as a United fan, it's unbelievable. I didn't even cheer when Hernandez scored. That game could have ended in a riot. I believe one of the stewards got injured by a missile when Hernandez scored. It could have escalated. Clattenburg will need to drive home in a bulletproof Pope-mobile. Poor stuff. Don't think United would have won even with Chelsea down to 10 men. It was the second red that killed them.

It's tough, because the governing bodies are telling refs to clamp down on diving, but they just don't have the capacity to judge dives from real time challenges. He's doing what has been asked of him, but he's got it wrong because it should realistically be well out of his remit. If they want to punish divers, they need to be reviewed from replays after the game, and not when 2 plays are running at full speed and tumbling. Unless you're a Jedi, you just don't have the vision to judge that. He also booked Valencia for diving late in the second half, and that was a total nonsense call too, as there was contact, but it was just a coming together rather than a foul, as Mikel appeared to get the ball.

Who'd be a ref, eh?

Definately difficult, suppose its not that far removed from the debate about goal - line technology, in that these decisions directly / greatly influence games so often, to be fair Torres stays on his feet...hes beaten the last man...i personally dont see the problem with a ref making a decision based on what he sees, how far removed from anything else is it? a penalty, foul etc.....you can only make a decision on what you can see? i dunno.

Not sure how many refs would thank me for saying that haha!

Due to a bit of a hangover I was very sleepy and not really able to pay full attention during the game. My brain was completely boggled when I saw that second red card. I was sure something had to be wrong.

I have to be fair and recognise that as a big team Chelsea probably benefit from a lot of dodgy decisions against lower sides but against such a rival those two big decisions against us is really hard to take.

Due to a bit of a hangover I was very sleepy and not really able to pay full attention during the game. My brain was completely boggled when I saw that second red card. I was sure something had to be wrong.

I have to be fair and recognise that as a big team Chelsea probably benefit from a lot of dodgy decisions against lower sides but against such a rival those two big decisions against us is really hard to take.

Always seems to happen between United and Chelsea. Last season, with the penalties, one of which was right, and one which was totally soft. Though Chelsea benefitted the season before (or maybe it was the season before that) where they won 1-0 with an offside goal, from a free kick which shouldn't have been. Drogba scored with an offside goal at Old Trafford a couple of years back too, so it's not as if they are the only victims of it. It happens.

It's a shame that the contoversy is masking how awesome De Gea was. The free kick was a shame, as the wall was shite and it didn't even jump, but other than that, he was immense.

The free kick was annoying because he'd set his wall up wrong. That was his fault. As a keeper, you set your wall to cover one side of the goal while you cover the other. He left a gap on his right hand side. Basic goalkeeping. What would've made that result even better with the controversy would have been if it was against Liverpool. But they got screwed over in the derby, so it's not all bad.

From what I saw, he set his wall up reasonably enough, then for some reason Evra, Cleverley and Valencia joined on the end right before it was taken, and pushed the wall sideways. The wall was huge. Nearly every outfield player in there. Then a few Chelsea players joined. Nobody jumped. It was a shambles. Those 3 joining on the end made it difficult for De Gea to see the ball coming from that side, and that's the side they scored at. Probably a little harsh to blame De Gea for players all piling in after he's organised the wall.

At least it was a former Liverpool player who got sent off. He has a Liverpool tattoo, and probably a scouse accent.

If that ref gets a bollocking for that I may stop watching the EPL. It's turned into a fucking pantomime these days. In the papers today it's all about Chelsea complaining and Suarez doing a Klinsmann. Absolute joke, I want football not all this fucking nonsense.

Also Rio Ferdinand is doing my head in at the moment. He is hands down the most boring player to read about.

Also Rio Ferdinand is doing my head in at the moment. He is hands down the most boring player to read about.

For me, he is tied with Wayne Bridge. That debacle from a couple of years back felt like it went on forever, all because of some affair. I don't think I've seen Wayne Bridge play more than 3 or 4 games of football. Is he even still alive?

I hope Chelsea get laughed at for such a tedious complaint. There is a rumour he called Mata a "Spanish twat" but that sounds far too ridiculous to be true. Who would even say that? English twats.