aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Phil Brown compares racial abuse to the times he has mocked in the past for his tanned skin.

Brown was a guest on Victoria Derbyshire’s show on BBC Radio 5 Live this morning. But he attempted to turn the discussion into a Phil Brown self-help group as he pondered aloud whether he might have been a victim of racism.

Listeners might have guessed there was trouble ahead from Brown’s first interjection: “I wanna know what racism is. Is it personal? Is it just down to how you feel or is this a global thing?”

He later added: “[Football's] a team game and everybody pulled together with regard to the last 20, 25 years trying to stamp out racism from the world of football.

“In the main, it was from the terraces. Now it’s a player-to-player thing. So, all of a sudden it’s now how personal is that racism, that remark?

“I’ve been called ‘sunbed’. I’ve been called, you know, ‘orange man’… and it’s not as serious as what these guys are claiming because it’s from their past and where I’m concerned it’s a level of abuse at my skin colour.

“Now, I don’t class that as an abuse, so I just get on with it. But these guys…”

And to top it off, he then wondered whether Rio Ferdinand is campaigning to bring racism back into football.

He said: “I’m not too sure what point he’s trying to make. If he’s not going to wear a Kick It Out campaign [t-shirt], is he not wearing it to bring it back?”

Lunatic.

• Upvote 2

Phil Brown compares racial abuse to the times he has mocked in the past for his tanned skin.

Lunatic.

I actually hate Phil Brown, it seems a really harsh thing to say about someone so close to mentally challenged but..........yeh, i think i hate him. He actually revels in the fact that he is as thick as a fucking whale-ommelate.

Phwoar. Talent. You just can't teach that. Carrick ducks out of the way of the ball, because he's fucking scared of it. Or is he? Nah. He flicks it off his back totally intentionally and not because he's a fucking fanny, straight to Evans who swipes at it like he's going to blast it into the top corner, but misses the ball completely. Grade A dummy, Ronaldinho style. Then he gets a second stab at it somehow because Braga's defenders are shite, and toe pokes it at half a mile per hour and it trickles under the goalkeeper. Quality.

Celtic have actually stood up against Barca as good as i've seen this season, they are getting pummelled like, but not that many clear cut chances for Barca and Celtic could still grab another on the break, Barca look like they have been coached by Kevin Keegan all summer, they just dont care about defending at all, they press and everything, but they have 1 proper defender on the pitch.

Just read something that made me giggle and I thought I would share it with you all, because that's what a forum is for, right?

A term of modern rhyming slang derived from the rat-faced footballer Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Refers to the act of male masturbation.

Sorry I'm late. I had a cheeky Jimmy Floyd before I left the house.

• Upvote 1

After a strict athletic diet for 15-20 years, if I retired from football, the first thing I would do is eat a chippy tea, every day for 6 months until my blood turned to lard.

Just a shame that Brazillian Ronaldo didn't wait until he'd retired to pile it on. I believe his former international striker partner Adriano is a massive lump now n'all? Anderson is only 24 and he's already a chubber. Perhaps Brazillians just have poor metabolism? Put down the fork, guys!

• Upvote 1