aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Anyone see what happened in Serbia with the England U21's? Mental. Big fight broke out. Monkey chants seemed to be aimed at Danny Rose. He rightfully got a bit upset and lost his temper and booted the ball away, for which he was shown a red card for, all whilst the Serbian players start trying to shove him about and kick a lump or two out of him, all which went unpunished by the referee, whose biggest concern was the victim of racist abuse kicking a football into the stands. The fuck?

Germany have thrown away a 4-0 lead with 30 mins to play against Sweden. It finished 4-4. If they had lost that match it would have been the greatest comeback ever. Imagine if Zlatan had scored the winner to make it 5-4? Probably would have genuinely been crowned King Zlatan.

Also Northern Ireland are beating Portugal 1-0 at half time. I'll be watching the second half there.

Germany have thrown away a 4-0 lead with 30 mins to play against Sweden. It finished 4-4. If they had lost that match it would have been the greatest comeback ever. Imagine if Zlatan had scored the winner to make it 5-4? Probably would have genuinely been crowned King Zlatan.

Would be amazing. He already gets in peoples faces when he scores a goal. I think he would have twatted everyone with a roundhouse kick if he scored the winner.

The Gift of Zlatan

Is that Pearce at the end getting hauled away? He'd kick the fuck out of all of them, easy.

nah the assistant manager i think. If Rose's red card stands then Serbia should be kicked out of every tournament at every level for a good few years but no a public condemnation of the behavior. A small fucking fine and maybe a game or two played behind closed doors. GO PROGRESS!

Whilst the racism is terrible and Serbia should be hammered, i can see why Rose was sent off, he could have ignited an already extrememely volatile situation. In any other situation where a player had received abuse and he reacted by punting the ball at the crowd you would accept a red card, i dont see this being different. Whilst i completely symapthyse with him, and the situation should never have happened, but he was reckless and deserved the card.

Yup Serbia should be banned, if they cannot control their players AND their fans they should not be allowed to host professional football games. It just seems right now that this issue is constantly coming up, from John Terry and Luis the saint Suarez, to various other reports of racist taunts, its sad, i had thought as a sport we had made progress, but i guess its still a long hard road to stamp this kinda thing out altogether.

No way he should have been sent off given the circumatances. Imagine being mocked for the colour of your skin by hundreds of people while trying to do your job? I'm not sure anyone can criticise the lad for kicking a fucking ball at them.

Circumstances dont matter, he could have caused a riot, its a red card in every possible situation. Just because he was being abused by absolute morons doesnt make it ok.

It is a red card offense, explain how it isn't.

Nah, I don't buy that at all. The guy is clearly very upset and distressed, and rightly so, and reacts unfavourably. However, there is only so much a person's professionaly etiquette can be criticised and under these circumstances, and given his personal account of things (i.e. that the chanting started during their warm up) his red card should not stand. He shouldn't be punished for the altercation.

• Upvote 2