aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I couldn't watch the football last night so I kept up to date with the game on the Guardian's website.

14 min: The camera cuts to Craig Levein on the Scotland bench. He's wearing a navy blue and gold tie and generously offers chewing gum to the guy sitting to his right. The guy declines. Levein shrugs and returns the chewing gum to his inside jacket pocket. Who the hell keeps it in there?

I keep it in there. #rebel

Maloney has admitted that Bale didn't dive, and that he clipped him. There you go. No more pitchforks aloft. Scotland didn't lose because Bale's a cheaty cheat. Scotland lost because they're rubbish ;)

Where as we beat San Marino, who are essentially Italians, and Italians are really good at football, so we're easily going to win the lot in 2014.

Maloney has admitted that Bale didn't dive, and that he clipped him.

The TV evidence suggests otherwise. Fuck knows why Maloney said that.

We still lost because we're rubbish though. A good team would have made sure the diving prick didn't matter. First half was quite even but Wales controlled the bulk of the second. We left Fletcher isolated and totally lost the midfield. As usual the changes were made too late, as though Levein hoped the inevitable didn't happen and Wales wouldn't score despite having something like 95% of the ball.

It looks soft. I can't see whether or not he does clip him. He may have done. Bale's still a cunty cunt though.

Man for man, other than Bale and Ramsey, Scotland look a more balanced team. They should have done better.

Wales did pretty well considering they only had three players.

Good on Maloney for coming out with that, please can people not make fun of us though. Its just not easy being a Scotland fan and we have every right to be sad about the game. I don't think anyone really had their pitchforks out anyway as we had no right to say we should have won the game and Berra had already rugby tackled someone in the box! Still, our second goal should have stood. That's all I'm gonna say.

It was a soft penalty but Berra's bear hug went unpunished earlier so in my mind it evened itself out.

My major gripe was with Charlie Adam for the 2nd goal. WTF was he playing at? Fat, lazy bastard.

The damage was done in the first two qualifying matches anyway. No point getting worked up over the Wales match. Neither team will be in Brazil in 2014.

I thought it was a penalty. He tripped over his own leg but the contact from Maloney, which even he has held his hands up to, was enough to put him off his stride. We'd be screaming for it if it was at the other end of the park. In actual fact, Bale made a good run to get ahead of Maloney as from there he is either getting fouled or the defending player has to completely back off.

Charlie Adam can get to fuck for not closing down at the second goal though. That's basic defending he's getting wrong.

From most of the camera angles it looks like he dived, there is one that shows Maloney making contact though. It is very slight contact, he definitely made a meal of it, but IIRC Maloney clipped Bale's trailing leg which knocks Bale's foot into his own calf and causes him to go over.

EDIT - he can still fuck off though, the chimp-faced bastard.

Looks a penalty, despite Bale being known for being a divey cunty cheater twat. The contact means Bale's stride is affected so he ends up clipping his own calf. It's look very similar to the Valencia one against Liverpool. Glen Johnson went round the back of Valencia, and Johnson clipped his heel and it meant Valencia ended up tripping over himself. Difference is, Maloney had the guts to admit he made contact with him. Glen Johnson denied all contact, it despite replays showing he clipped him as he ran behind him, as well as pushing him in the back.

It's also really similar to this one from the World Cup in 2010, which sparked a load of debate at the time. It only takes a brush on the foot when running to put someone on their face. The Chilean lad got sent off for this too. A foul is a foul, whether its soft or not:

1277496422531i1sy.gif

Looks a penalty, despite Bale being known for being a divey cunty cheater twat. The contact means Bale's stride is affected so he ends up clipping his own calf. It's look very similar to the Valencia one against Liverpool. Glen Johnson went round the back of Valencia, and Johnson clipped his heel and it meant Valencia ended up tripping over himself. Difference is, Maloney had the guts to admit he made contact with him. Glen Johnson denied all contact, it despite replays showing he clipped him as he ran behind him, as well as pushing him in the back.

It's also really similar to this one from the World Cup in 2010, which sparked a load of debate at the time. It only takes a brush on the foot when running to put someone on their face. The Chilean lad got sent off for this too. A foul is a foul, whether its soft or not:

1277496422531i1sy.gif

Falling over because you kick someone in the knee isn't a foul in my eyes. Still can't believe that lad got sent off for that. He doesn't even flinch when gets kicked but Torres reacts like a cowboy getting shot in a John Wayne film. Surely you can't be penalised because a player on the other team has balance comparable to that of a newborn horse.