aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

It's a bit of a shitter they are pleading to the fans for help, when the fans already pay a premium for what is probably mostly terible football in a crap league, and also because it is not the fault of the fans that an established investments company can't pay its own taxes. Perhaps I don't know the ins and outs completely, but is it so difficult for these clubs who are swinging dangerously over the threat of liquidiation to pay taxes? Why are football clubs constantly getting winding up orders over unpaid tax? Just pay it, and don't let it build up? There's alot of sweeping under the rug going on, in hope that bills will just go away, and then it leaves the existance of the club itself right in the shitter.

I suppose the plus side is that nobody likes Hearts anyway, so nobody will really care. Alot like Leeds United's financial woes. If Leeds went bust, there would be parties in the streets. It's a shame Leeds are almost on the cusp of financial security again. Boo-urns

I wouln't give much of a fuck if Hearts went under, though in fairness I had no issue with them until the Romanov years when they turned into a comedy club. They were a good solid Scottish club, but those years of unpronouncable Lithuanian players, a revolving door of managers and Mad Vlad's paranoid ramblings tore the heart out of them (no pun intended). They've been the evil empire for me ever since. Mind you I didn't much like that fat cunt who owned them before Romanov either.

Lets not kid ourselves, this is serious for scottish football, losing Rangers has had a knock on effect, although no where near the level that we were told was coming, but to also lose Hearts in the space of 12 months could have serious problems for us. Its fine to laugh and point fingers at them, but its a very worrying trend. Lets hope they can pull through and at least finish the season.

They dont pay the taxes because senonimously with other people / business's - "liquidation" clearly doesnt mean the end, mostly a clean slate. I dont imagine the people who run these clubs are idiots, but what they all try to do is keep up with the Jones's, no doubt it will continue that way. Dont think anyone has any idea how to remedy the situation. Wage - caps and the like are "apparently" illegal, you wont tell some billionaire clown that spending £100,000,000 to finish 6th is'nt a viable comodity so what hope have you got? One thing is for sure, in Scotland, Hearts wont be the last...maybe in the long run its going to be a good thing. Ive no idea how certain English clubs have avoided it. None.

I'm still recovering from Tuesday's 6-2 tanking by Newport County which I attended, Macclesfield at home today, I see nothing but another tanking. Blue Square North or South here we come and probably liquidation... grim times.

The mighty Newport! It sounds like Cambridge are having a torrid time of it at the moment.

The Arsenal game was brilliant. It was ace that Arteta bottled it at the end. Probably shouldn't have been a penalty. Where's he meant to put his arm? Chop it off? Bit wobbly at the back, but they look good with the ball. I'm glad Giroud is doing well now. He's got a good bonce. Montpellier are really struggling without him too.

Berbatov is still annoying. Every pass that doesn't go to him and he's throwing his arms about. Fanny.