aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Mancini needs to be tougher, but he shouldn't have ever signed him either. And when he did and he turned out to be a bell-end almost immediately, he should have cut him loose, because he's dumb, erratic and he's not even that good.

Managers play mind games, but sometimes it's like he's trying to convince himself rather than anybody else, waffling on about how Mario's a great guy, and all this guff about how neither him or Tevez will play for the club again, and then there they are, getting their £1million per month and being adored by the club's fans who essentially paid money right into Tevez's pocket all whilst he took a 6 month absent-with-pay golfing trip. I quite liked his trolling celebration of a golf-swing when he scored against Norwich last season, even though he came across as a bit of a prick, but City fans chalked it up as 'banter', whilst ignoring the fact that they pretty much funded his jaunt around the world where he did everything but play football.

Mancini needs to grow a set, or cut the dickheads loose. Though, to be fair, Tevez hasn't done anything mental for a while, but it can't be too long before he's going on South American radio and saying how shit England is, and how he's homesick but wants to live in Italy, the lunatic.

Plenty of talent, minimal application, complete sideshow. The guy is a twat and his talent isn't even close to the baggage he brings with him.

I'm glad he is wearing thin to be honest. I can't stand the fucker, and some of the stuff he gets away with because he's a "bit of a character" is rubbish.

This is a guy who kung-fu kicks opposition players in the chest, sets fireworks off in his bathroom and hangs around with Neapolitan mafia bosses. But it's all BANTER, right?! That makes it okay. Oh, what's that Mario? You threw darts at a youth player?! LOL BANTER!!! LADOTELLI!!!!11

Fuck that guy.

I agree with the anti-balotelli sentiment at the moment. At a certain point you have to back up those 'bags of potential' and all he's done is mess about. My appreciation of his talent doesn't extend further than his time at Inter and a few games for Italy. All in all he's completely underperformed for City. He's realistically only had about 4-5 good games for the team in the whole 2 years he's been there. Then there's the issue of the Torres phenomenon which dictates that a 'much maligned' player instantly is the best in the world if they have a half-decent game (see Balotelli against United at the tail end of last year where he supposedly had Rio in his pocket the whole game).

I still find his antics quite funny. Not in a OI OI LADZERRATI BALOLTELLI way, more because it's a nice change from the regular 'lampard and gerrard don't play well togevva innit'.

I love non-football related football gossip:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2255941/Rafael-Sylvie-van-der-Vaart-split-hits-her.html

Rafael Van Der Vaart punches girlfriend in the face. Split up.

Its all over the internet, and it has sparked some pretty intelligent discussion regarding domestic abuse, like this snippet of wisdom from The Sun:

she mite b beautiful 2 look at but inside she mite b rotten 2 the core!!most tidy chicks r!!

Deep.

• Upvote 3

He was up and down but did perform well fairly often last season. That Torres phenomenon works the other way too, just because he's shite at the moment doesn't mean he always has been.

Fairly well but nowhere near the standard required for that team. His supposed great games were really nothing special. His finishing has been woeful from the moment he got to the prem. I watched him plenty for Inter and I've seen maybe one or two glimpses of that player during his time at City. He used to brush folk off like noone you had ever seen, his holdup play was excellent. Now he loses the ball, falls on his arse and flails his arms.

As for Torres, no question he was great and I personally think and hope he'll get back to that one day but a decent game shouldn't be mistaken for a recapturing of form.

He did have great games last season and more importantly some very great moments.

My Torres comment was in relation to Balotelli and people saying he's never been any good. Torres has had occasional runs of games where it looks like he's finding some form, I'm not sure anyone has really said the old Fernando is back, people have just looked for sings that it might be coming.

He did have great games last season and more importantly some very great moments.

My Torres comment was in relation to Balotelli and people saying he's never been any good. Torres has had occasional runs of games where it looks like he's finding some form, I'm not sure anyone has really said the old Fernando is back, people have just looked for sings that it might be coming.

His pass to Aguero on the final kick of the season, a couple of well taken side-foot goals, the odd pressure-laden penalties and maybe two solid work-rate performances. Compare that with Aguero's or Tevez's or even Dzeko's return of goals. Noone will convince me he was a good performer last season.

As for Torres... I remember when he scored the first goal and had a good game after his drought someone tweeted a URL for a twitter search for "the Torres of old' and it was jam-packed with journos proclaiming the resurrection. My point being that sustained brilliance is what elevates a player to Torres's previous stature. The situation with Balotelli is if he does something good once he's brilliant and suddenly 'worth it', yet if Dzeko bangs in two goals he's merely putting off the axe for another week.

I love non-football related football gossip:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2255941/Rafael-Sylvie-van-der-Vaart-split-hits-her.html

Rafael Van Der Vaart punches girlfriend in the face. Split up.

Its all over the internet, and it has sparked some pretty intelligent discussion regarding domestic abuse, like this snippet of wisdom from The Sun:

Deep.

Maybe he was referring to her battle with cancer?

His pass to Aguero on the final kick of the season, a couple of well taken side-foot goals, the odd pressure-laden penalties and maybe two solid work-rate performances. Compare that with Aguero's or Tevez's or even Dzeko's return of goals. Noone will convince me he was a good performer last season.

If you are speaking about return of goals then Balotelli was better than both Tevez and Dzeko last season. He was the only one of the 3 to have a ratio better than a goal every 2 games and Tevez didn't even average a goal every 3. Off the pitch Tezez was far worse than Balotelli last season too, with his refusing to play shite.