aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite. It looks spectacular, and the storyline is very engaging. The visuals and the plot make up for the repetitive combat. I'm not a fan of FPS games anyway, but the actual FPS aspect of this game felt a bit uninspired, but it's worth putting up with it to keep going through the game, but it did feel a bit like filler at times. You hear the dramatic music, so you know you're gonna have 10+ bad guys to shoot, and then you're back to the narrative. 

The first Bioshock is a much better FPS, where the combat is much more accomplished, but I didn't find the game itself as engaging as Infinite.

I'm playing in the lowest, I imagine, matchmaking levels in both games. I played LoL with a friend and ended up matched with opponents about a dozen XP points higher and survived pretty well; I think there's a lot of leveling features in LoL that make it hard to really get ahead without a well coordinated team at least. Prefer Dota tbh, and there seems to be less cuntery among its players.

Started on GTA5 last Monday night. Finished the story mode on Thursday morning. Was a little shorter than I expected, but still very good fun. First GTA I've played since Vice City. Not yet started on online yet.

Picked up Gran Turismo 6 on Friday. Enjoying that a lot. Some of the races have been very frustrating, but I'm 100% gold so far. Hopefully keep that up without smashing something :)

I'm playing in the lowest, I imagine, matchmaking levels in both games. I played LoL with a friend and ended up matched with opponents about a dozen XP points higher and survived pretty well; I think there's a lot of leveling features in LoL that make it hard to really get ahead without a well coordinated team at least. Prefer Dota tbh, and there seems to be less cuntery among its players.

Dunno about that, I play both and it's the same when you get going.

Was only really interested in Ghosts because of the Stonehaven/Dunnottar Castle map.

The fact it's a castle and uses the name Stonehaven is where the similarity ends pretty much. I think they just named it as a haven of stone instead of actually basing it on anything. There's English heritage signs posted about it . UGH.

The fact it's a castle and uses the name Stonehaven is where the similarity ends pretty much. I think they just named it as a haven of stone instead of actually basing it on anything. There's English heritage signs posted about it . UGH.

Well I had a quick 1v1 game over Christmas with my Dad on the map. I think they obviously didn't use the exact design/layout (it would have been a much smaller map for a start) but there's certainly similarities between the castle in the map and Dunnottar,  It's obviously been used as inspiration.

Put some good hours in to FO:NV. Some really frustrating bits. I need to go do shitey quests so I can level up and get my barter up to finish another quest and all that. That's what put me off it when I first started playing it. In the first quest i couldn't get dynamite and just didn't bother playing again. Much more in to it this time though.