aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

xbox. Add me (ChillierBread00) and I'll ease you in gently. It's a bit of a curve (using the clock wisely, audibles, knowing not to throw into coverage, hot routes, etc) but once you're in you're IN.

what's with the wack default xbox names?

I'm edging closer to getting it. Had a bash at the demo this morning. Whizzed through the tutorials. Spanked the AI on Rookie 3 or 4 times without conceding a point. Got a bit more even on Pro. I think I'm okay with the ball, but in defence, I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I just go for the sack everytime, and leave myself wide open. It just about works on the 2nd notch of difficulty against the AI, but I imagine I'll get twatted online playing that way.

Ah screw it. I'm gonna go buy it this afternoon. Go Packers!

I'm edging closer to getting it. Had a bash at the demo this morning. Whizzed through the tutorials. Spanked the AI on Rookie 3 or 4 times without conceding a point. Got a bit more even on Pro. I think I'm okay with the ball, but in defence, I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I just go for the sack everytime, and leave myself wide open. It just about works on the 2nd notch of difficulty against the AI, but I imagine I'll get twatted online playing that way.

Ah screw it. I'm gonna go buy it this afternoon. Go Packers!

I havent figured out defence yet either. Occasionally ill be able to switch to a play with shallower coverage if it looks like theyre gonna run or whatever but on the whole I just try sack the QB.

The full game of Madden feels alot different to the demo. I played the demo a handful of times. I toasted the CPU on rookie every time, and did relatively okay on Pro. In the full game, I've started a franchise mode as the Packers. Played the first game on Pro. Got cunted 45-3. BAD! So I knocked it down to Rookie again just to get going, and I'm still getting arseholed. The CPU just gets about 4 first downs in a row, then walks in a piss easy touchdown. They always manage to find a receiver who has evaded my coverage and is stood in wide open space. I'm sort of trusting my AI controlled players to follow the receivers just a little bit whilst I hustle the QB protection, then when he throws, I should be able to select a defender and try to intercept or at least challenge the receiver, but they have all run in the opposite direction and left the WR with a mile of space. I don't think the CPU has made an incomplete pass in any of those 8 games. I was starting to get a bit of gamer rage.

I like the Madden demo, even with a rudimentary understanding of American Football.  Not sure it would keep my intrest that long for this reason.  How are you getting a long with it, SJ?

I bought PES 2014 on Saturday, having enjoyed the demo.  Bif mistake, it's pretty bad.  Plus, they haven't updated the trasnfers and there's no patch for them yet!  I mean, what the fuck?!  Can I have my money back.  Might have to just trade it in for FIFA 14 this weekend.  It's kind of inevitable, actually.  What a waste of time (manually completing the transfers) and money. 

• 2 months later...