aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone
Women's football is not allways rubbish. There is this Marta girl who realistically would probably not look out of place in the SPL

It's easy to do that against a defence full of girls though surely.

She's far more technically gifted than most of the SPL, probably.

Yeah probably. But, in a proper game she'd be getting battered with tackles and wouldn't last long. Her speed and touch would probably be enough to keep her a step ahead of the odd 50-50 in the likes of the SPL but not much more than that i'd say. She'd do OK I reckon. Perhaps maybe even a few levels below SPL actually.

So, that's Tevez wanting to leave again. What an incredibly insufferable prick. I hope he fucks off from English football and never comes back. He whinged about West Ham standing in the way of his dream move to United, moved to United then cried about still only being a loanee, even though it was made clear he'd be offered a contract at the end of the season. Said contract was offered, and he rejected it, and moved to City. He then rekindled his love for West Ham now that United became his arch-nemesis, for some reason. Now he wants to leave, for the second time in 7 months. Who in their right mind will pay the quoted 50million for him if he can't stay anywhere for more than 2 years? And how will moving to Italy or Spain help? Argentinian club sides sure as hell won't be able to stump up 50million.

What a chump. Is he bi-polar or something? Or just a fucking headcase?

I like the fact that this time around it's a case of noone giving a fuck. Club, media, fans... everyone is all just a bit 'oh right, whatever.' He's under contract, club aren't pressured into selling, clubs aren't clambering to get him at a crazy price. Him and his agent have shot themselves in the foot with this constant moaning. City aren't in the same position as when he last bumped his gums about leaving. They'll be fine. Plenty of time to find a replacement, a much more cohesive and confident squad than in December, etc. Can't believe he's complaining about Manchester too, after being there for so long before going to City. Did he moan about the place when he was at UTD? Did he fuck!

Women's football is not allways rubbish.

Ca_gere comes to the defense of women's football.

There is this Marta girl who realistically would probably not look out of place in the SPL

Oh wait now he's calling the best female player in the world on a par with Darren Mackie.

*insert appropriate smiley which doesn't exist on here, something cheeky*

Guest Gladstone

BBC Sport - Hearts to go unpunished for fan assault on Neil Lennon

So, Hearts are getting zero punishment for a fan managing to get near the pitch and try to smack Neil Lennon. This is based on the fact, they'd met the stewarding standards set to them.

Is that fair enough? At first, I thought it was ridiculous, because "what if the guy had a knife or a bazooka or something?". But - if they paid the stewarding company etc and had as many stewards in place as they should, is there much more Hearts could do about it? There have been many games where fans get on the pitch and not much is said about it because they generally just run about waving their arms around until they get rugby tackled by 15 stewards.

EDIT: That's a good photo of Alan Thomson putting the boot in...

Ricky Foster is the new AFC captain. That'll go down well with certain fans then...

I'm quite happy with that choice in that it means he'll be staying. I do think it puts him under undue pressure a little if things don't go well at the start of the season. I've no doubt things will be great though. :up:

So, that's Tevez wanting to leave again. What an incredibly insufferable prick. I hope he fucks off from English football and never comes back. He whinged about West Ham standing in the way of his dream move to United, moved to United then cried about still only being a loanee, even though it was made clear he'd be offered a contract at the end of the season. Said contract was offered, and he rejected it, and moved to City. He then rekindled his love for West Ham now that United became his arch-nemesis, for some reason. Now he wants to leave, for the second time in 7 months. Who in their right mind will pay the quoted 50million for him if he can't stay anywhere for more than 2 years? And how will moving to Italy or Spain help? Argentinian club sides sure as hell won't be able to stump up 50million.

What a chump. Is he bi-polar or something? Or just a fucking headcase?

spot on, tevez needs to get a grip on reality, he's a very good footballer of that there is no doubt but his whinging has gone beyond a joke now. so he wants to leave City (again) big fucking deal mate, ever since he's been in English football it's been the same old moaning and whinging, so boring, fuck off to Spain or Italy then to be nearer your kids, no doubt by the end of this season you'll have found something else to moan about that isn't right. Utter cock and typical of the modern footballer.

I don't get these types of fans. Surely the fact that Foster now has Champions League experience and an SPL winners medal is good experience for him and also for the team. If he'd been sold to Rangers and come back with his tail between his legs after a shite season then i would expect a bit of apprehension.

Aberdeen are short of players that are experienced at higher levels than the SPL so i'd be glad he's come back at all if i supported AFC.