aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

So fucking close. Great stuff from QPR. Really had a go. Did better than United did at Wastelands. 2-1 at 89 minutes was ridiculous. What a cross for Mackie's goal! Can't believe Aguero just trickled through the way that he did though. Gutting. United were shit at Sunderland. Why didn't they set out to try and win 10-0? Last game of the season. Do or die. 1-0 was no fucking good. I think losing it in goal difference is more gutting than losing it by 3 points. They should have played 2-3-5 and gone for a rout. Big Bastard would have done.

I watched it in Ma Camerons so I could have an eye on both games. Where did all these Aberdonian City fans come from? Silence when United scored and when QPR scored two. The place fell apart when City scored the winner. I suppose they'll be back next week supporting their old team, Chelsea, in the Champions League final.

Just incredible.

I need to see pictures of Fergie's / Rooney's / Assorted fans' faces asap.

There wasn't the ultimate dejection I expected. I think for most United fans it's still a mighty achievement to finish joint top on points with Money City. City fans were in tears as soon as Mackie scored. Fuck them all.

I watched it in Ma Camerons so I could have an eye on both games. Where did all these Aberdonian City fans come from? Silence when United scored and when QPR scored two. The place fell apart when City scored the winner. I suppose they'll be back next week supporting their old team, Chelsea, in the Champions League final.

Surely just anti united fans rather than city fans. I screamed my head off and jumped around to celebrate the goal and I'm no city fan.

Shame, I'm definitely not a United fan but even I was pretty disappointed to see Man City peg that back. It was coming though, they were completely - completely - on top for the whole game, pretty much. Barton lost that for QPR.

Definitely City 'fans'. Loads of City shirts, and others referring to City as "we/us". "I cannae believe we're gonna fuck this up min". Fuck the lot. They've probably never even heard of Maine Road. Scabs.

Obviously United have more glory supporters than anyone. The new City fans can still get to fuck.

I'm glad I don't really know Nev too personally. He's going to be unbearable isn't he? I might have to delete him from Facebook.

On a lighter note, I'd like to pre-order this:

0fBZH.jpg

• Upvote 2

Great day for glory hunters. Bad day for football. And yeah, Nev is going to be unbearable. I unfollowed him on Twitter after that 6-1 game. 1 or 2 tweets I could handle. 70-80 got a bit too much.

And yeah it's funny but I seem to know loads of Man City fans now, before 2 seasons ago I had never met a single one. Where were you when they were shite?

Joey Barton needs banning for life. He's had umpteen second chances and forgiveness. Ban him from football forever. It's not the first time he's assaulted a fellow player, and it won't be the last because he's got the temper of a spoiled child. A bully, a sneak and a cheat. Horrible human being. Football could do much worse than banish him forever. Let him get a real job and waste away as the everyday scumbag that he is. Hideous.

I've actually not paid much attention to Spanish football other than the top 2 and Bilbao, but VILLAREAL have been relegated. Shocking stuff. Rossi must be up for sale. Bring him back to United. Better than Berbatov and Welbeck combined. Rooney and Rossi would take the piss. Not sure why United flogged him in the first place, yet they keep hold of Macheda. Ick.

I've actually not paid much attention to Spanish football other than the top 2 and Bilbao, but VILLAREAL have been relegated. Shocking stuff. Rossi must be up for sale. Bring him back to United. Better than Berbatov and Welbeck combined. Rooney and Rossi would take the piss. Not sure why United flogged him in the first place, yet they keep hold of Macheda. Ick.

Juventus seems the most likely destination for him at the moment. The word on the street is that he was on his way there before his latest injury. Great player whether he's playing as a trequartista or at the tip of the spear. Miles better than fucking Borriello anyway.

Watching sportscene tonight and Aluko has been playing so well for Rangers recently. Seems a totally different player to the lazy winger that was at Aberdeen.

I don't think he was particularly lazy with us, he's just playing at a much better team. He has much more chances and is a hero to thousands, which I think is all that he really wanted anyway. Easier to be MOTM and score when your team is in the opposition half for most of the game. Good on him.

Wow, what an end to the season and credit to MOTD for the way they produced it, very exciting and emotional. And yeah, I unfollowed Nev on twitter for his constant shite regarding City: like most people in Aberdeen wearing City tops and that nowadays, they have absolutely no link or a very tenuous one. It's fucking horrible for people like me who are stuck supporting their shitty local team to see all these arseholes in City/OF tops for no other reason than they fancied supporting them.

But yeah City deserved to win it in the end. Mancini was brilliant with his reversal of Fergie's mind games, even if I lost a lot of respect for him over the whole Tevez/Ballotelli flip-flopping.

Barton should be not only banned for life, but charged for assault as well. That's what today was. I actually thought it should have been a yellow for Tevez and for him today and the red was harsh but his conduct afterwards was cowardly and thuggish. He's fine doing that on the pitch but do you reckon he'd start on Kompany or Yaya in a pub? Fucking pussy, with a self inflated ego: doesn't matter how much Nietzsche he quotes, the real Barton is that mink who stamped on Aguero.

Brilliant season all round though! Best Premier League for a while.

Kompany would tear his arms off and drink his blood. Yaya would just smack him with his, presumably, massive dong.

My "English team" - if you will - are Blackburn Rovers, for various relatively unimportant reasons. Sad to see them down but looking forward to following a team in the Championship. I think they could fall down the leagues now, as they're not a huge club. Steve Kean is a fine gent, but I think he's a pretty bad manager. The whole set-up at the club is rotten too, and I think serious questions must be raised over the Venky's ownership. That chicken dressed up in Blackburn colours at the Wigan game was outstanding though.

Wow, what an end to the season and credit to MOTD for the way they produced it, very exciting and emotional. And yeah, I unfollowed Nev on twitter for his constant shite regarding City: like most people in Aberdeen wearing City tops and that nowadays, they have absolutely no link or a very tenuous one. It's fucking horrible for people like me who are stuck supporting their shitty local team to see all these arseholes in City/OF tops for no other reason than they fancied supporting them.

Sounds like the other Manchester team supporters as well. Munching on their prawn sandwiches.

He has a point tho, Shearer was a complete cunt as a player and did quite a few unsavoury things during his playing career. Not defending Barton, he's a fucking idiot, but Shearer is a huge cunt, even if he was a great player. Tevez should have been sent off as well for kicking out, but that will get overlooked now.

Guest Gladstone

To be fair - Shearer is a bit of a tool.

Not in the same league as Barton and most of Barton's rant was aimed at Shearer's fashion sense which is pretty pathetic.

EDIT: Milner got in before me...

most people in Aberdeen wearing City tops and that nowadays, they have absolutely no link or a very tenuous one. It's fucking horrible for people like me who are stuck supporting their shitty local team to see all these arseholes in City/OF tops for no other reason than they fancied supporting them

Well the obvious solution there is to support a big team on the side, but I suppose not everyone is willing to split loyalties. I support Aberdeen because I'm from there, and I personally believe that everyone should support their local side (unless they've got a choice, like in Glasgow or Manchester) but I realise that not everyone does.

Here in Australia a lot of people in Perth support one of the two local Aussie Rules Football teams - West Coast Eagles, who are among the best five in the league, or Fremantle Dockers, who are pants and float in the midtable all year every year. But it's seen as normal to support a team not based in Perth. A lot of friends are fans of Carlton and Essendon (based in Melbourne) for no real reason other than "that's who they chose". It's really weird to me as a soccer fan since not supporting a local team seems a bit daft. I support Aberdeen, but I also follow Chelsea and Sunderland and like to see them do well (and get quite annoyed when they don't, as is healthy), and I would always say that Aberdeen is the team I support.

EDIT: this didn't make as much sense as I thought it did. tl;dr: Support your local team, and following other sides on the side is fine by me.