aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Yeah incase i havent made it clear, i dont condone what happened on sunday or think that Barton is a completely reformed character, but he clearly has made an effort to clean himself up, even if its mostly outwith football, he is always going to be a hot head, you can only change a person so much, but he is not dangerous on the football pitch, well he can be for his own team, but not in terms of going out of his way to try seriously hurt another player, a punch to the chest is stupid but its not the worst thing that has ever been done. What he did outwith football he was rightly punished for, and he will be massively punished for sunday, again rightly so, id also imagine on many occasions players have tried to get others sent off when they have been, they are just not stupid enough to say it on twitter afterwards.

Balloteli throws a dart at a youth player and its pawned off as banter, Barton stubs out a cigar in a players face and we should give him the death penalty.......

• Upvote 2

Ballotei throws a dart at a youth player and its pawned off as banter, Barton stubs out a cigar in a players face and we should give him the death penalty.......

This. 100% this. Balotelli is a complete wanker. "Ohhhh did you hear Balotelli threw a dart at a youth player?! LAD!". How about I throw a dart at you. Let's see how much you like that, cunty.

• Upvote 2

Yeah incase i havent made it clear, i dont condone what happened on sunday or think that Barton is a completely reformed character, but he clearly has made an effort to clean himself up, even if its mostly outwith football, he is always going to be a hot head, you can only change a person so much, but he is not dangerous on the football pitch, well he can be for his own team, but not in terms of going out of his way to try seriously hurt another player, a punch to the chest is stupid but its not the worst thing that has ever been done. What he did outwith football he was rightly punished for, and he will be massively punished for sunday, again rightly so, id also imagine on many occasions players have tried to get others sent off when they have been, they are just not stupid enough to say it on twitter afterwards.

Ballotei throws a dart at a youth player and its pawned off as banter, Barton stubs out a cigar in a players face and we should give him the death penalty.......

Likewise Ashley Cole shooting an air rifle at people.

The Barton incident, once again, has been totally blown out of proportion. The guy has an epic temper that needs to be controlled but he generally accepts responsibility for his actions. He's badly in need of some anger management therapy though.

• Upvote 1

Horror challenge on Ethu?!!! He barely touches him, this is a horror tackle;

or this;

or this;

Or what about this guy;

If that sending off against Getafe is not classed as our right assault when compared to Barton then i dont know what ever will be.

As for Saint John Terry what about this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McOxoOSuX_8

There are countless examples of far worse things than what happened on sunday, Barton is a fucking idiot yes, but what he did on sunday doesnt compare to any of those videos.

All horrible challenges too, which I'm not debating. Lots of players make horrible challenges. None of them were convicted criminals for being violent bastards off the pitch though, which is why I don't think any player compares to Barton for being a nasty bastard. Pepe certainly comes close. I'd certainly like to see him get punted out of football forever along with Barton.

And the challenge on Etuhu is pretty bad. He's got all the intent in the world to smash his studs into the lads junk. Pure nasty and completely inexcusable. Nasty bastard.

I do agree with your closing sentence, though I do believe assaulting 3 players and squaring up to another within one minute is incredibly extreme. I'm not basing Barton's unparalelled cuntishness entirely on that. I'm basing it on EVERYTHING he's done, and how he hasn't changed a bit. Nothing I've seen comes close to what he;s done in his career. Except for that Pepe swipe, I think. That is still probably one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Fuck Alf Inge Haaland. Roy Keane suffered a pretty horrific cruciate ligament injury against Leeds United, and whilst Keane was laid on the floor Haaland hurled abuse at him and accused him of feigning injury. So Keane smashed him. Have that. It didn't end his career like some suggest. Haaland didn't even go off injured in that game. He retired due to a problem with his left knee which he'd always had problems with. Keane gave his right knee a wallop.

Roy Keane is still a cunt, but players abusing players who are down injured deserve to get a kicking themselves. Karma. Roy Karma.

Your defending what Roy Keane did that day?! I honestly cannot believe that, yes if your a man u fan you will like him as Murr pointed out, but there is nothing that can excuse that assault on another player, nothing at all, to say otherwise is pretty staggering to be honest. If anything it shows Keane was as big a thug as Barton is, infact Keane was 10 times worse, thats one incident over a long career of red cards for various violent offences. If you dont see what Keane did as worse than sunday, im afraid you really need to look at it all again, sunday was handbags, and it was two players he assaulted, after Tevez had assaulted him, Keane went out of his way to do as much damage to another player as he could, a premeditated full on attack where he knew he would avoid jail because its on the pitch, to me thats about as cowardly as you can be.

You say Barton has not cleaned up, but there have been no more cigars in players faces, no more assaults on people when he is out, infact the only things he has done have been on the football pitch or on twitter since he got out of jail. Like i say, people like him will ALWAYS be hot heads but for the best part he has not been in that much trouble over the past 4 years, yes a red card here and there and some unsavoury abuse of Warnock (although we have no idea if he was right or not about what he said) but there have been no off field incidents in the nature of jailable offences and from what i have read he is involved in community work to help people like himself who have trouble controlling their tempers.

Where are the calls for Balloteli to be banned for life, the dart is one in a long long list of incidents since he came to City, Ashley Cole fires a gun at another player albeit a pellet gun, John Terry breaks the trust of the countries national squad, but all of that can be excused, yet Barton gets involved in a bad incident in town and we should kick him out of football. Football players are just like you and me, but with a shit load more money, fights happened every day of the week in this country, he is just a high profile person who got caught, and paid for it.

I think Barton's defence of "A big boy told me to do it and then ran away" is a bit shit. How old is he now?? Certainly old enough to make adult decisions and not rely on (1 person) peer pressure.

I don't give a shit how 'cultured' he appears in his tweets. If I was earning what he does a week I'd pay someone to tweet for me, just to make me look better.

The guy is a thug, and he's lucky he's not been 'Duncan Fergusoned' for his assault on Aguero and the attempted assault on Kompany. The Tevez one was in play, not a issue, Tevez provoked him (and Tevez is a prime cock as well), that's football. Where's the provocation with Aguero? Tackling form behind is outlawed, unprovoked attacks from behind, when the game isn't even in play, must surely carry the highest penalty the FA can give.

I definitely wasn't serious about Roy Keane ;) I just hate Alf Inge Haaland, so he can get fucked. So can Roy Keane.

Terrible assault. I think what Haaland did the year before when Keane got injured was awful though. Keane should have given him a kick for being a cunt, but not wiped him out the way he did. Still. It's widely reported that the Keane foul was what ended his career, and it wasn't. He'd had a left knee problem for years dating back to his Forest days. That's what retired him.

And Balotelli is a total shitebag. The dart incident, letting fireworks off out of his window, the Scott Parker stamp... He's a total goober.

All horrible challenges too, which I'm not debating. Lots of players make horrible challenges. None of them were convicted criminals for being violent bastards off the pitch though, which is why I don't think any player compares to Barton for being a nasty bastard. Pepe certainly comes close. I'd certainly like to see him get punted out of football forever along with Barton.

And the challenge on Etuhu is pretty bad. He's got all the intent in the world to smash his studs into the lads junk. Pure nasty and completely inexcusable. Nasty bastard.

I do agree with your closing sentence, though I do believe assaulting 3 players and squaring up to another within one minute is incredibly extreme. I'm not basing Barton's unparalelled cuntishness entirely on that. I'm basing it on EVERYTHING he's done, and how he hasn't changed a bit. Nothing I've seen comes close to what he;s done in his career. Except for that Pepe swipe, I think. That is still probably one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Fuck Alf Inge Haaland. Roy Keane suffered a pretty horrific cruciate ligament injury against Leeds United, and whilst Keane was laid on the floor Haaland hurled abuse at him and accused him of feigning injury. So Keane smashed him. Have that. It didn't end his career like some suggest. Haaland didn't even go off injured in that game. He retired due to a problem with his left knee which he'd always had problems with. Keane gave his right knee a wallop.

Roy Keane is still a cunt, but players abusing players who are down injured deserve to get a kicking themselves. Karma. Roy Karma.

Wow please tell me you are kidding about Keane, surely its worse. It was premeditated. What about him punching Shearer and having to be dragged off? Really really hope you are kidding like.

whoops just seen you say you were kidding thank god!

I definitely wasn't serious about Roy Keane ;) I just hate Alf Inge Haaland, so he can get fucked. So can Roy Keane.

Terrible assault. I think what Haaland did the year before when Keane got injured was awful though. Keane should have given him a kick for being a cunt, but not wiped him out the way he did. Still. It's widely reported that the Keane foul was what ended his career, and it wasn't. He'd had a left knee problem for years dating back to his Forest days. That's what retired him.

And Balotelli is a total shitebag. The dart incident, letting fireworks off out of his window, the Scott Parker stamp... He's a total goober.

I take back most of my hollier than tho post then ;) I would have been very surprised if you did actually did think that.

My only point really was, there are worse people in football than Barton, but none as high profile as him right now, or at least not in this country. Not every footballer is a perfect person, but that doesnt mean they should be kicked out of football, they should be helped to get over their issues. I can only imagine the pressure that comes with being as high profile as he is, and i can also imagine that giving a council estate bully a shed load of cash when he is used to living on benefits can do things to this person that we wouldnt fully understand, its a completely different world where these guys think they are invincible, but underneath it all, they are still guys like you and me, and shit happens to guys like you and me, only the Sun wont have me or you on the front page after a fight outside Mcdonalds. People need help when they have these issues, not kicked out and told to deal with them.

For what its worth, on his day Barton is actually a good player, sadly most of his career has been tarnished with his dickish ways and thats what people will remember him for, but you dont pay a guy £50k at least a week if he doesnt bring something to your team when he does play, and he was actually having a good game on sunday, doing his job well despite the onslaught from City.

Just imagine if the Barton incident would have happened in a normal Prem League game? Well Talksport's show prep for the next month would have sorted! It has been over shadowed by the City snatching the title from United's hands shenanigans. Yes he was stupid and will get a lengthy ban and that should be the end of it.

What the fuck was Ballotelli doing getting involved though? Fucking footballers are in general cocks but no more than many folk on the streets up and down the land only has been stated they have shed loads of dosh and those playing at the top have their every move scrutinized. No need for Barton to start picking fights on twitter with pundits. He really should learn to shut up. Had QPR got relegated there's no way he'd be getting off so lightly.

QPR are fucked now, dunno how long a contract he has but I imagine at least next season if not the season after. Whose gonna want him now. I agree he's only an average player but surely no manager will want to touch him now.

Not surprised McLeish got the boot by Villa but you have to question why on earth they employed him in the first place. Their win ratio was pathetic and it never seemed like a smart move employing a manager whose just taken your local rivals into The Championship albeit with a mickey mouse trophy in the cabinet.

Latest thing I heard today was Martinez being lined up for Lolpool. Despite the cup finals they were pathetic in the league this season. Anfield certainly is no fortress at the moment, so many average Premier League fodder got results there.

Kleberson.

Whenever I see an old footballing name from the past, I wikipedia them. Imagine my surprise when I read this about Kleberson:

His World Cup performances led to Scolari declaring Kléberson the driving force behind Brazil's Cup winning side, and drew interest from several English and Scottish teams. Newcastle United, Leeds United and Celtic all expressed an interest. Leeds failed to secure the signing after Kléberson decided against leaving Brazil without his girlfriend, who he was unable to marry until her 16th birthday.

Yikes!

• Upvote 1