aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

The Blue Knights have been rejected for what, the 200th time?

The noises they made from their press conference were very doomy indeed: the SFA hearing documents were released earlier, and very damning of some of the ex-R****** directors.

Not getting too excited, but beginning to the dirty scummers just go out of business after all.....

Or a tea towel. Bad.

What's the deal home kits now? I thought the general ethos was a new home kit every 2 years, and a new away kit every year? United have released a new home shirt 4 seasons in a row now. Uncool.

This season's Man U kit was actually pretty nice. This new one is just fucking weird. Maybe the Glazers get bored and need an excuse to throw money at Nike.

2-1 to QPR tomorrow. Just watch. Former employees Shaun Wright Phillips and Joey Barton will grab a screamer each and give the V's to the home fans. Barton will net his in the 92nd minute to secure Premier League safety, and Mark Hughes will sprint down the touchline like Mourinho himself, and dive into the away supporters. Instead of shaking Mancini's hand at the end he'll give him a Bradshaw-esque "Clothesline from Hell". United will draw at Sunderland and win the league by a point. Fuck off City.

"It is understood Green wants to form a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) and he is backed with finance from Singapore businessmen."

So he hasn't negotiated a CVA yet. The SPL are due to release 2012-13 fixture in June. If Rangers haven't negotiated a CVA with their creditors by then (which they won't be able to do overnight), how can Rangers be included?

Also, would a CVA include the club's #1 creditor....HMRC? The verdict on the tax case has been imminent for the last 3 months, and I don't know how that could affect things.

Superficially, it's looking a bit more positive for the Huns, but they're still in a world of trouble, and I don't think this is over yet by a long way.

I'm going to avoid the scores today and watch it all unfold on match of the day later!

That'll take some doing! It's fucking near impossible to avoid sports results. I quite often have to avoid the Formula 1 results because I'm at work and I always seem to get it spoiled by radios in shops or walking into the staff room while the news is on the telly.

I remember trying to avoid the Manchester derby score (the one that ended 4-3 a couple of years back) as I was on a train home from visiting the family, and intended to watch on Football First when I got home. A lad in a United shirt sat in the seats across from the aisle from me, and I think he was listening to it on the radio or something, or maybe with text updates on his phone, as his arm movements were quite erratic. I put my hood up, scrunched my eyes closed and listened to the loudest music possible. It was a right fucking treat when I got home, to see Mickey O scuff in the winner in the 113th minute.

The news before MOTD used to tell you to "look away now" if you didn't wanna know the scores. They don't bother with that anymore. Scoundrels.

Avoiding the scores is torture nowadays. I feel like I'm some brave ray mears type living in digital isolation. Facbook and twitter are out, have to turn off notifications from the ESPN app and for big games I've gotta text a few people to tell them not to send me reactionary texts. When you manage it though, theres no better way to enjoy a game than fast forwarding past half time. It's like a mega first half.