aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Why is Shearer a commentator on MOTD? Seriously, there seems to be universal contempt for his dull, obvious, uninsightful 'punditry'. Who wants him on? Bring on De Canio!

He's so dull. I even prefer Hansen, who is also dull, but he offers alot of tactical analysis. Shearer just absorbs one adjective and runs with it for the entire hour or so MOTD is on for.

"Great ball into the box, great header and a great goal. Great performance today. The players and the manager have been great all season long and it's great that they've stayed up. Great"

Lee Dixon though. He's excellent. He's turned into a bit of glory supporter now that City are on the rise. He bums them a bit, but he's a good pundit. Can't blame him for that though. Everyone is a City fan now. I walked out of my house to take the rubbish out yesterday and a group of 6 guys walked out of the Pittodrie all wearing some form of City merch. I see the odd City fan now and again, but I've rarely ever seen a gang of them. Except at Weatherspoons for the Manchester derby last week. The place seemed to be about 90% City fans. Funny that. I watched the 4-3 Manchester derby in the same pub a couple of years back, and there wasn't a single City fan in there. Probably because they still supported Chelsea.

Guest Gladstone
I haven't seen much SPL this season, but this still seems a bit out of left field:

Celtic defender Charlie Mulgrew named player of the year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17978181

Mulgrew's been pretty good this season. Really consistent. Lots of assists and a a lot of goals for a defender. Well, he's played all over the shop for Celtic actually. The new Jackie McNamara (the Celtic version, not the shit Aberdeen Jackie Mac).

"Charlie Mulgrew, child neglecter" was one of the funnier chants at Pittodrie in March...

Mulgrew's been pretty good this season. Really consistent. Lots of assists and a a lot of goals for a defender. Well, he's played all over the shop for Celtic actually. The new Jackie McNamara (the Celtic version, not the shit Aberdeen Jackie Mac).

"Charlie Mulgrew, child neglecter" was one of the funnier chants at Pittodrie in March...

"Who's that sitting in the back seat, who's that sitting in the cooooold"

Almost all tv pundits are awful. The Guardian Football Weekly team should just be given control of all football coverage. With special features from the football ramble.

Gary Neville and Lee Dixon are good. I like Graeme Souness too. I think I like Roy Keane as well, as I imagine it's taking him all his willpower when asked by Chiles "What did you think of _______ in the first half?" not to say "Fucking shite". Faultless professionalism.

Gary Neville and Lee Dixon are good. I like Graeme Souness too. I think I like Roy Keane as well, as I imagine it's taking him all his willpower when asked by Chiles "What did you think of _______ in the first half?" not to say "Fucking shite". Faultless professionalism.

Dixon is good, Neville is good because he says amusing things and isn't nice about everyone. I'm not sure about his tactical insight though but I haven't seen enough to really judge.

Dixon is good, Neville is good because he says amusing things and isn't nice about everyone. I'm not sure about his tactical insight though but I haven't seen enough to really judge.

I think his tactical analysis is very good. He seems to know what he's talking about. He notices alot of things from a players perspective that I've never even picked up on before. I've learned a fair bit from him. He loves to rant about shit defending, and he's better at doing so than Hansen.

Danny Mills is the worst co-commentator. Luckily he doesn't do too much in-depth punditry. Not that I see anyway. He's a cunt.

I hope Leonardo does the Euros. What a gent. Really great pundit. Mick McCarthy is a great co-com too for the summer tournaments.

Can't believe they had Niall Quinn doing co-commentary for the Newcastle/City game. An ex City and Sunderland man? Come on. He was horrifically biased for the Manchester derby. He seemed to tone it down a bit for the game yesterday, but he was still blowing his load about City. He was exactly like how I expected Gary Neville to be like about United, but GNEV seems to slag United off more than anything.

Danny Mills is the worst co-commentator. Luckily he doesn't do too much in-depth punditry. Not that I see anyway. He's a cunt.

I hope Leonardo does the Euros. What a gent. Really great pundit. Mick McCarthy is a great co-com too for the summer tournaments.

Can't believe they had Niall Quinn doing co-commentary for the Newcastle/City game. An ex City and Sunderland man? Come on. He was horrifically biased for the Manchester derby. He seemed to tone it down a bit for the game yesterday, but he was still blowing his load about City. He was exactly like how I expected Gary Neville to be like about United, but GNEV seems to slag United off more than anything.

what a gent:

Twitter journos saying some deals close to done in the EPL.

M'Vila to Arsenal is 99% done according to the French media, 22million Euros. Slightly suspicious as it's not like Arsenal to pay that much.

Vertoghnen has also apparently told his agent to get something done with Spurs. 12million Euros rumoured as price. Bargain that one I say, Dutch player of the year and Ajax captain.