aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I narrowly missed this. I was in Manchester on a Stag at the weekend, and we got into a gentlemen's club at 3:30am adjacent to where this happened. Apparently the incident was at 3:40.

Police had all cleared off by the time we went back to the hotel....so we were oblivious anything had happened until Sunday lunchtime when we walked past the scene of the crime.......police cordon, full forensic team, large pool of blood. Looks like the bloke in hospital got a proper hiding.

What an absolute cunt. Diouf...not the guy in hospital.

I narrowly missed this. I was in Manchester on a Stag at the weekend, and we got into a gentlemen's club at 3:30am adjacent to where this happened. Apparently the incident was at 3:40.

So, basically, you pussied out on the chance to punch El Hadji Diouf in the face? I think you've let everyone down, but most of all, you've let yourself down.

I wouldn't punch him either. He looks dangerous. And a little bit non-human.

• Upvote 1

Wigan 2-0 up at the Emirates inside 8 minutes. Did someone slip me some LSD earlier?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17734248

Also the PFA shortlist is out. Quite a few players there have been very patchy, especially in the young player category. For me Van Persie gets the nod and Aguero for the young players. Bale and Sturridge were good in the early season. Ox didn't even get a chance until January and Welbeck, Walker have never really been truly exceptional or bad either.

After the Livorno midfielder (on loan from Udinese) Piermario Morosini tragically passed away at the weekend, Udinese star and all-round top gent, Antonio Di Natale, has taken on full guardianship of Morosini's disabled sister, and Udinese will continue to pay her a salary as she is unable to support herself.

It's possibly one of the greatest and most heart warming occurences to ever happen within football, but the story is tragic. Both parents of Morosini died whilst he and his sister were teenagers, and Morosini's handicapped older brother died shortly after, and now she's the only one of the immediate family left. Heartbreaking, but a wonderful gesture from Udinese and Di Natale.

Di Natale is a top bloke. He's continually turned down offers from big clubs to stay at Udinese because he's so loyal to the team (two summers ago he reportedly rejected an offer from Juventus that would've quadrupled his €20k p/w wage), but this obviously goes miles above anything football-related. Hadn't actually heard about it until now. What a guy.

Wigan 2-0 up at the Emirates inside 8 minutes. Did someone slip me some LSD earlier?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17734248

Also the PFA shortlist is out. Quite a few players there have been very patchy, especially in the young player category. For me Van Persie gets the nod and Aguero for the young players. Bale and Sturridge were good in the early season. Ox didn't even get a chance until January and Welbeck, Walker have never really been truly exceptional or bad either.

Agree on the winners. Parker shouldn't be there either. His legs went at the start of February he's been very pedestrian since then.

Why is Kompany not listed, he's been mighty this season. The list is a domestic biased joke. IMHO (of course ;) ).

RVP should get it, but I'd have Valencia in the shortlist. I'd have him in there above Silva, who has been poor since January. Valencia has hit the same number of assists in 10 fewer games. Why? Because he's better. That's why. All of the words in that Daft Punk song describe why Valencia should be in there over Silva.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger. Valencia-er. Gooder. etc

well done Wigan, looking good for avoiding the drop now, first team to beat Man U and Arsenal in consecutive games since Southampton back in 2001 well according to Radio Five Live anyways. I like Martinez, name being bandied around for the Spuds job should the second hand car salesman go off and attempt to manage England.

Guest Gladstone

So yeah. Neil Lennon was a bit of a dick after the game on Sunday. I missed the match but checked out the BBC highlights. Shit refereeing all round. Celtic's goal was offside, Hearts penalty was never a penalty, and the replay of the Celtic late claim was shit so not sure if it was a penalty or not. But both decisions cancel each other out. Hearts deserved the win because Celtic couldn't put the ball in the back of the fucking net. Exactly the same scenario as the League Cup final.

Even if the referee was completely shit, and completely in Hearts' favour, Lennon should learn to lose with dignity. I actually thought he'd been far better behaved this season but then I realised Celtic had been on a 600 game winning streak and things were going his way. What a petulant little cunt. I still think he gets far too much unwarranted abuse and that maybe adds to the reason he reacts like he does but there's no excuse for that. He can go away and be fucking outraged in the privacy of his changing room/home/whatever but running onto the pitch after the final whistle and acting like a cunt, surrounding the ref etc. and then posting that shit on twitter is ridiculous. Ledley getting in on the act too. Fud.

I was also on a stag weekend this weekend just passed and we bumped into a bunch of Celtic supporting weegies who were fucking dicks.

I can't be fucked with Celtic anymore.

EDIT: Craig Beattie's celebration was ace. The rule that means he has to get booked for that is fucking stupid.

The thing about Celtic now is they cannot accept when they have been beaten, if you watch Thompson's post match interview there is not a mention of congradulating Hearts, only focusing on the two penalty claims, neither were pens, but then hoopers goal was a week offside, but funny neither Thompson or Lennon have mentioned that. They have lost all support i had for both the club and managment after the two hampden games, celtic can fuck off with rangers and make their two team league and play each other 38 times a season for all i care, im now completely fed up with the old firm, even if it means our league is fucked i want to see the back of them, or at least the back of them controlling everything to do with football in scotland, you would honestly think the rest of scotland is set up to make sure the old firm are match fit for european games, they can both go fuck themselves.

Guest Gladstone
The thing about Celtic now is they cannot accept when they have been beaten, if you watch Thompson's post match interview there is not a mention of congradulating Hearts, only focusing on the two penalty claims, neither were pens, but then hoopers goal was a week offside, but funny neither Thompson or Lennon have mentioned that. They have lost all support i had for both the club and managment after the two hampden games, celtic can fuck off with rangers and make their two team league and play each other 38 times a season for all i care, im now completely fed up with the old firm, even if it means our league is fucked i want to see the back of them, or at least the back of them controlling everything to do with football in scotland, you would honestly think the rest of scotland is set up to make sure the old firm are match fit for european games, they can both go fuck themselves.

I'm with you. I still don't think Celtic have been anywhere near as bad as Rangers in all of this, but I don't think it would be such a terrible thing if both fucked off.

Saying that - despite this being a very one-horse race for the SPL this season, everyone thought Celtic would cruise to the treble and both Killie and Hearts have done a number on them. Both one-off games, but still shows that Celtic won't dominate all the time even if Rangers are fucked for the next few seasons.

I like the sound of the new SFA league if it comes off and take the voting power away from the two old firm clubs. Rangers especially deserve no favours here. They have nobody but themselves to blame for the mess they are in and they're lucky they're not being stripped of all titles since the late 80s as they essentially cheated their way there.