aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Dons should have won. That second half was the best performance I've seen in ages.

As for The Huns, they probably lost just to piss us off, keep us away from the top 6 and, therefore, not have to visit Pittodrie again this season.

Actually, now I think of it, if Der Hun cease to exist then that means we've already had their last visit up here - wish we'd know so we could have had a party afterwards.

I feel sorry for AVB clearly ageing wankers like Lampard who think they have a divine right to start every game are disrupting the dressing room. I say keep AVB and get rid of Lampard!!!

It'd probably be cheaper to do that!

My FM game with Lampard, by the end of the 2012 season he wasn't getting a game since I signed Hamsik. It's weird, since a few seasons later I was shutting out Cole in the same way, but Lampy didn't complain and Cole did. To the press. Bye bye.

The direction and curl makes it like a cross, but the trajectory is totally wrong. It's way over everyone, including the goalkeeper. Assuming it was a cross, it was either an amazingly lucky mishit, or the slight touch it took made a huge difference to the flight of the ball (I could only hear a slight deflection, not actually see it).

I'm not sure it's a cross either. Lansbury's got quite an ego on him, so he's not adverse to trying ridiculous efforts on goal. If it's a cross, it's terrible, because nobody is really in the box, it's an inswinger from deep, which doesn't make sense as it can't curl behind the back 4, and he absolutely wellies it. He looks up before doing so, and can obviously see nobody is attacking that box, and he could obviously see the goalkeeper way off his line.

It reminded me alot of the Joe Cole goal against Sweden, whilst there was no debate whether or not that was intentional (since it definitely was), he just lashes it since there's nobody advancing into the box, and the goalkeeper is in no mans land.

His reaction doesn't seem too surprised either. I reckon he was taking a shot at goal, and not crossing. If it's a cross, everything about it is wrong, his position, the foot he hits it with, the position of the strikers. Everything. Great goal.

United were awful today, but Spurs were even worse at the back. Terrible defending for all 3 goals. First two are obvious, but the 3rd, whilst it was a great strike, you can't give Young that much space 25 yards out to the left of the goal. Curling the ball into the far corner from that distance is pretty much the only thing he's good at. Should have charged at him. Rio Ferdinand was supreme.

After the Robin Reliant joke here is another one I enjoyed. 'The Arsenal store has a new best-seller, the Robin van Persie tea tray. Guaranteed to carry 10 mugs'. If he stays fit (which has done remarkably well given his injury record in previous years) I think Arsenal will hold off Chelsea for 4th. Can't see Di Matteo turning the clubs fortunes around that quickly..... unless they suddenly pull 2 decent centre backs from the youth team! The only player who has looked in form (from what I have seen in recent months, which is the odd match) is Juan Mata. If one of their strikers and Essien get back to form, it will be a close call. Essien's presence really has been missed.

• Upvote 1