aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

R6OIn.gif

That is really weird. Don't think it was a red card but he should have been booked for being later than a Stagecoach bus. Looks like he was steaming in then got distracted by the ball going away and forgot he was about to tackle someone so ran straight into him. Twat.

That is really weird. Don't think it was a red card but he should have been booked for being later than a Stagecoach bus. Looks like he was steaming in then got distracted by the ball going away and forgot he was about to tackle someone so ran straight into him. Twat.

I think it looks like he teckled him extremely late, just. Definite sending off, no doubt about it. Didn't even notice this on the day.

That second gif is just hideous.

I was walking past a pub which was showing the game on saturday, 10 minutes to go from what I could see through the window. There was a group of about 5 Celtic fans stood outside the pub having a smoke at this point, not even looking in through the window to try and watch the game.

Best fans in the world.

Guest Gladstone

For completeness, you could post a gif of Malwennie's two-footed tackle.

For the record Stokes should have been booked for that challenge I would say. He was really late but he didn't really connect with him. I think he was thinking about going through him due to the frustration of the drop ball scenario but then half pulled out last minute. Still a bad challenge though. Stokes can be a dirty fucker when he wants to be. Doesn't do it very often, but now and again he leaves the boot in. I remember him doing it really early in an old firm game last season I think it was. As for the drop ball scenario - have you seen it? It wasn't a case of Aberdeen having the ball so they didn't give it back. It was a case of whoever it was (Arnason maybe?) pointing for the Celtic player to get out of the way (gesturing that he would play it back to Celtic's defence/goalie) so that the Celtic player didn't contest it and then just playing on and going on the attack. It was cheeky at best, dirty as fuck at worst. I don't remember who had the ball when the whistle was blown but when I asked my (Celtic supporting) brother he said Celtic had the ball. I don't trust his word though as he's a biased cunt normally. If that is true, then it was pretty dirty of the Dons players to play on. No justification for Stokes' challenge though.

As for the Blackman incident - I also didn't see that properly at the time, but what a dick. It's not even as if Vernon squares up to him. If I was Neil Lennon I'd drop him with immediate effect and tell him to get a fucking grip of himself.

Guest Gladstone

On another subject - Rangers are so fucked right now. The word on the BBC Website (must be true) is that there could be more than 11 players getting the dunt to cut costs and that will include some of the club's top earners.

They could land up 4th at this rate.

Guest Gladstone
Hardly seen any football the last two weekends. Only Carling cup final. What goals / highlights should I check out?

I haven't seen it but Liverpool getting beat will always be worth a laugh. Missed penalty and everything.

Racist cunts.

Hardly seen any football the last two weekends. Only Carling cup final. What goals / highlights should I check out?

Liverpool/Arsenal was good, because Liverpool lost and RVP won at football.

Fulham/Wolves was devastating. That guy with the funny name, who is now know as The Pog, scored a hat trick. He's had 5 shots on target for Fulham since signing, and all of them have resulted in goals. Stat!

The Newcastle/Sunderland derby was good for a bit of ugly football. Cattermole got himself sent off after the game was finished because he's a shitbag. Tiote got a little tap in the face but went down screaming. Controversy!

and Ashley Young's second goal against Spurs was magic.

For completeness, you could post a gif of Malwennie's two-footed tackle.

It's 'Mawene', and I would if I had one (which I don't) - if Celtic fans are so outraged by it I presume there's one kicking about on some Celtic boards that you could find?

FWIW it was a strong challenge unworthy of a red card in my opinion. Yellow definitely the right call. Scotland hasn't got into as much of a muddle with regards 'two-footed challenges' as the English game, so I'd rather not bring the SPL down to that or use the Kompany/Milijas/etc incidents as a basis for discussion. Whether it's right or wrong, they're different things in the same way the Spanish and English games' 'inerpretation of the rules' are different.

It's 'Mawene', and I would if I had one (which I don't) - if Celtic fans are so outraged by it I presume there's one kicking about on some Celtic boards that you could find?

FWIW it was a strong challenge unworthy of a red card in my opinion. Yellow definitely the right call. Scotland hasn't got into as much of a muddle with regards 'two-footed challenges' as the English game, so I'd rather not bring the SPL down to that or use the Kompany/Milijas/etc incidents as a basis for discussion. Whether it's right or wrong, they're different things in the same way the Spanish and English games' 'inerpretation of the rules' are different.

Thing is, Mawene got a yellow card - the two Celtic players didn't.

• Upvote 1

The cull has apparently begun at Rangers -

Wylde first to go according t'interweb.

They both offered voluntary reduncacy with no severance package, which the administrators accepted. That's pretty noble of them to do that IMO. Being younger they probably have a better chance of finding clubs. Best of luck to them.

Fuck them - they did "walking away".

Are you actually being serious here? They got no money for leaving the club, leaving the older guys/backroom staff with families/mortgages etc a chance of retaining a job. What is bad about that? The key thing is they got nothing for for doing so. 'walking away' they may be.... but they are actually helping the other staff at the club. Which is better than waiting to be sacked and accepting a settlement for doing so like would happen with a non voluntary redundancy

Are you actually being serious here? They got no money for leaving the club, leaving the older guys/backroom staff with families/mortgages etc a chance of retaining a job. What is bad about that? The key thing is they got nothing for for doing so. 'walking away' they may be.... but they are actually helping the other staff at the club. Which is better than waiting to be sacked and accepting a settlement for doing so like would happen with a non voluntary redundancy

He's playing on the Rangers "WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY" stance, doubt it's an actual slant at the players. :)