aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I had to do a double take on the first goal.... it is Arsenal that usually mark like that! Poor defending for the 2nd goal as well, should never have gotten to Rosicky bar the awful attempt at a clearance by Thiago Silva. This match is pretty interesting now though, Arsenal have looked pretty dangerous a couple of times now and they have 60 minutes to bag another 2 if they can manage to keep a clean sheet.

Surely Milan will come out with a completely different demeanor. Arsenal still have an absolutely massive task ahead of them.

Too true. They've had 45 mins to figure out what they're up against now. The football fan inside me wants it to carry on as is but I'd be surprised if it did. Then again I was surprised AC gave them an inch from the get-go.

Suddenly the Champs league has gotten interesting again. It's been a while.

He's useless. Gives Milan a free kick when Ibrahimovic trips himself up, then makes a shocker when ball hits an Arsenal player about a foot away from the Milan player in the wall. Then books someone for arguing at his stupid decision. Unbelievable.

I usually just leave football on mute and don't listen to commentary, but on recommendation of this thread am listening in the second half. Gary Neville is ace.

God I love Gary Neville. It's like they've given the most literate man down the pub a microphone and a salary. He's very candid though, even when United are shit, he'll say it. Proper geezer. He's turning GNev hates into GNev lovers. An inspiration to us all.

I still hate him. I'm okay with PNev though, and his troll-like features.

God I love Gary Neville. It's like they've given the most literate man down the pub a microphone and a salary. He's very candid though, even when United are shit, he'll say it. Proper geezer. He's turning GNev hates into GNev lovers. An inspiration to us all.

I like him in the studio but he's been bloody terrible the last couple of times I've heard him on co-commentary. Last night he was particularly atrocious, throwing contradictions and dumb observations around the shop. The Chelsea/Napoli game was particularly bad as well. "Napoli are attacking too much, they're pushing too far forward," that's why they're winning, dipshit. So bewildered was he by their attack-minded approach that he was almost willing them to implode.

I like his ridiculousness on the sidelines. He reminds me of David Pleat, but with a bit more aggro. Pleat used to speak utter nonsense, but in an endearingly innocent sort of way. GNev just rambles like the man in the pub, yet he can put his sentences together quite well.

The difference between him in the studio and him in the commentators box is pretty clear evidence that he probably has a team of analysts to feed him his 'opinons' at half/full time.