aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Are you actually being serious here? They got no money for leaving the club, leaving the older guys/backroom staff with families/mortgages etc a chance of retaining a job. What is bad about that? The key thing is they got nothing for for doing so. 'walking away' they may be.... but they are actually helping the other staff at the club. Which is better than waiting to be sacked and accepting a settlement for doing so like would happen with a non voluntary redundancy

The Rainjurs don't walking do away.

They walked away.

Treacherous rats - they deserve shot at dawn.

I was pretty astounded that Stokes wasn't booked tbh. Probably wasn't a red, but it was as cynical as they come.

Looking at the gif Stokes clearly turns his head to follow the ball. He doesn't lunge in or anything. Genuinely looks like he only has room for one thought in his tiny brain at a time and that thought went from "Tackle!" to "Ooh there goes the ball" without turning off his legs so he ran into Jack.

Brendan Rogers has ruled himself out of the Chelsea job by saying "I'm looking to build my career. Not ruin it"

Mint. Have that, Roman, you trigger-happy bumwipe. Sacking AVB was daft enough, but why the bleedin' hell did you sack Carlo and Butch? Top blokes. Carlo wouldn't have lost the dressing room like AVB did. Chelsea will never replicate the Mourinho years if he keeps sacking everyone before giving them a chance to build their own team. Roman is a knob.

The Rainjurs don't walking do away.

They walked away.

Treacherous rats - they deserve shot at dawn.

Suspected I was missing a joke somewhere! On a more serious note still glad to see a few players with integrity though who a genuinely doing something good for the club.

Brendan Rogers has ruled himself out of the Chelsea job by saying "I'm looking to build my career. Not ruin it"

Mint. Have that, Roman, you trigger-happy bumwipe. Sacking AVB was daft enough, but why the bleedin' hell did you sack Carlo and Butch? Top blokes. Carlo wouldn't have lost the dressing room like AVB did. Chelsea will never replicate the Mourinho years if he keeps sacking everyone before giving them a chance to build their own team. Roman is a knob.

Sacking Carlo is the real mistake. AVB did ok but he never got hold of the locker room (whether it was his fault or not) and did in Chelsea terms underperform. That team has a much higher talent level than the current Arsenal and should be clear above them.

Roman is an idiot though, he needs to give a manager time to build, it seemed like he did (maybe still does) believe in what AVB was doing with his telling the players they could be next. But he needs to give the team time to rebuild and start fresh. Chelsea because of Roman are one of the few teams that could afford a non Champions league finish while the do bring in new younger players. He just doesn't seem willing to give the time that is needed.

Part of me wants to see Chelsea implode. They had a perfectly good manager in-place. It's unfortunate that Roman can't see that Chelsea's rebuild is a long-term project, because his short-sightedness is what's holding Chelsea back and making his managers "fail". Sacking Carlo was an abomination of a decision, and getting rid of Wilkins was dreadful as well.

They almost deserve failure. No manager is going to turn that mess of a squad around without proper long-term backing. The players are ageing, unbelievably self-important and can only really play one way. Lampard, Terry, Cole, Malouda, Drogba, etc. Ageing cronies that need to be slowly weaned out of the team, because exiling them completely would be just as silly as relying on them to lead the club to success over the next few seasons. I believe that's what AVB was trying to do, and if he was given another 1-2 transfer windows to build the squad in his own image Chelsea would be right back up there.

Fuck 'em, though.

Suspected I was missing a joke somewhere! On a more serious note still glad to see a few players with integrity though who a genuinely doing something good for the club.

I'd hazard a guess that they've already something lined up - certainly Blackpool & Southampton are apparently interested in Wylde.

Incidently, he was apparently on £7500 per week.

Apparently reserve keeper Neil Alexander is on £12k-£14k per week. That works about at £96,000 per game that he has played.

• Upvote 1

The Chelsea/AVB fiasco is a joke. Like a previous poster, I think letting go of Ancellotti was a bad move too. Big Phil wasn't cut out for the premiership but Italians are solid managers and Ancellotti is a good man. He would've brought long term stability but RomAvich seems to want instant Brazil 1970 every time he dips into the managerial pool. AVB was quite clearly technically astute and very intelligence. A solid grasp of English can't be underestimated for a foreign manager and he was better than me. Lumped with a squad ending its shelf-life and an unfortunate mega-bucks flop he was destined for the boot. Just think how different his tenure would've been if Torres was in early liverpool days form.

Roman should be punting the old guard off the wagebill, not the managers. Lampsy, Lionheart John, Malouda, Drog... I bet they all earn a fair crust for being nowhere near as good as they used to be. All these stinking rich newbies like Anzhi, Malaga, PSG or some of those mental Chinese/MLS teams would still pay top wedge for those sorts of players. Freshen up and reinvest. They're sitting on some good young players, or at least they are hyped to be good, but they never get a chance to play.

Operation: Save Chelsea

Bring back Ancelotti.

Punt the "Chelsea Pensioners".

Tell Torres "score one goal in the next three games or I'll kill your dogs" - He probably won't score so consider him sold to West Ham. or Liverpool.

Stop playing David Luiz at centre back. He's a baller. Buy a centre back replacement. Give Luiz the freedom to do whatever the fuck Luiz wants to do in midfield, shored by Ramires and one more midfield acquisition as a replacement for Mikel, because Mikel is fucking dog. Romeau is pretty good actually. McEchran is waiting in the wings as well. He too is a baller.

Buy 2 strikers to accompany Lukaku and Sturridge.

Teach Sturridge how to play the ball instead of shooting from 15 degree angles.

Play 4-2-3-1. 4-3-3 is dead.

Burn a copy of Football Manager for Roman, tell him to fanny about on there, and leave football to the football people.

Win everything.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't really want to help Chelsea. I don't like Chelsea, but if I wanted to, I could destroy world football with them, easy. Just give me a chequebook. I'd abandon all their current training regimes for mass games of Headers and Volleys for a start. A game of technique of patience.

You can almost hear the collective groan when Mikel or Kalou come on. They have been very mediocre for a long time and I'm baffled as to why they haven't been punted/replaced over the course of 4-5 managers. They should be Stoke/Fulham/Villa players not part of a so-called 'top club'.

I think Lamps still has something to give but he needs to be Scholes'd - i.e. benched when it makes sense and not bump his gums about it, learn that his impact is now dampened with age and he should be a 'mentor' figure for the young 'uns. Terry is still a top defender and there's nothing wrong with Ashley Cole's game IMO.

They could do a lot worse than sign Robben again. Mata is trying to do it all at the moment - at times the jinky winger, at times the center mid playmaker. He needs a technical equal in midfield to one-two his way up the pitch with.

Guest Gladstone
It's 'Mawene', and I would if I had one (which I don't) - if Celtic fans are so outraged by it I presume there's one kicking about on some Celtic boards that you could find?

FWIW it was a strong challenge unworthy of a red card in my opinion. Yellow definitely the right call. Scotland hasn't got into as much of a muddle with regards 'two-footed challenges' as the English game, so I'd rather not bring the SPL down to that or use the Kompany/Milijas/etc incidents as a basis for discussion. Whether it's right or wrong, they're different things in the same way the Spanish and English games' 'inerpretation of the rules' are different.

Fair enough - I could have swore I read "Malwennie" on the back of his shirt!

And Celtic fans are nowhere near petty enough to post gifs of challenges on their players that they disagree with the referee over... ;)

What I saw of Mawene's challenge was that it was a two-footed, straight legged, studs up challenge that didn't connect with the Celtic player. If it did, it looked like a potential leg-breaker. When the ref blew his whistle and charged over, I was sure he was going to pull out the red card. I'd like to see the challenge again on a replay because it must not have been as bad as it looked from where I was standing.

Kalou has quite a cult following it seems, despite being pants. When he scores, the crowd all yell KALOUUUUUU over the top of the announcer when he scores. He's pure crap, but he crops up with important goals quite often, but offers nothing anywhere else. He's probably loved as much as he is hated.

Guest Gladstone
Thing is, Mawene got a yellow card - the two Celtic players didn't.

The "two" Celtic players?

Only one is comparable because the Blackman incident was for something totally different. In that clip, you can clearly see the ref isn't looking that direction and he is currently speaking to someone else. An assistant could have stepped in if he saw it but chances are he didn't.

Same with the Stokes incident actually - it was so late that the ref didn't see it. The strangest part of that incident was the ref giving a free kick because he definitely didn't see it. The only thing that achieves as far as I know is that Stokes can't be punished by video replay because the referee has dealt with it at the time - i.e. even though he didn't see it, he has decided that he saw it by giving a free kick - that's right isn't it?

As for the Mawene incident, the ref was about 2 yards from it and saw it clearly.

I don't think you can realistically point to this as evidence of referee bias (which I think you were implying)...

Kalou has quite a cult following it seems, despite being pants. When he scores, the crowd all yell KALOUUUUUU over the top of the announcer when he scores. He's pure crap, but he crops up with important goals quite often, but offers nothing anywhere else. He's probably loved as much as he is hated.

Ivorian Shola, just not as funny.

• Upvote 1