aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Spurs were shocking yesterday! Bale is a cheating bastard as well, not the first time he has done that this season. Rosicky was everywhere in that game, if he played like that every week Arsenal would be a few points better off. Walcot with an end product as well!! We will be seeing flying pigs soon!!

Gutted for Cardif, i thought they would win after the first few spot kicks, all the players looked shattered tho. That guy has a better throw than Delap as well, an absolute weapon to have in your team!

Walcott has been alright this season, much better than last. I think he's being slagged off based on reputation from last season, yet he's Arsenal's second highest top scorer and top assister.

I don't think he's a winger though. Outwide, he offers nothing. He's quick, but that's it. When he roams centrally, and gets the ball infront of goal, he's such a good finisher. He's scored some lovely goals over the years. (That lob in the Champions league 3 seasons ago was majestic). If I were Wenger, I'd play him up front, on the shoulder, like Hernandez. He'd skin the last defender and slot the ball in, because he's cool as fuck under pressure, the cocky little shit. He can't cross for shit, nor does he ever lift his head up when he's on the ball. Put him up top, with RVP just behind. It would flourish like Rooney and Hernandez did last season.

Can someone also explain why Jordan Rhodes hasn't been included in the Scotland squad?

Because he is not in as good form as Fletcher or Mackil-Smith........oh wait.

I am beginning to wonder if Levin is mental or not. No McCormack or Rhodes, but Mackil-Smith who can barely buy a goal this year is not included, and Fletcher our best striker is still in limbo.

and Fletcher our best striker is still in limbo.

Isn't that down to Fletcher more than anything? Looks like he's not too bothered about playing for Scotland no more.

Also, Jordan Rhodes' form is patchy. One game he'll score a buttload, and then he'll go missing for a few. He's a grand goalscorer, but he's got a bit of Beckford-laziness about him, but his record puts him on a pedestal a little bit. Good player, but he needs to get stuck in a bit more, and not just watch the game until the ball comes near him.

He should have picked England anyway. He's better than Danny Sturridge and Darren Bent. The former doesn't pass and the latter doesn't do anything.

I think with Fletcher its a bit of both isnt it? Levin i guess is prob right to stick to his guns, but the pair of them need to get together and sort it all out once and for all. If Rhodes is in the under 21's thats fair enough, thats a big game for them. McCormick should surely be given a shot tho, he is a player that could be very important to us.

It's only a friendly - an opportunity to get the lads together and take a look at fringe players.

Craig Whyte looks like a baddie from a film. Steven Segal would kick his head off after killing all his honchos. He would plead with him before he did it, offering him half of his money, because he's a corporate baddie rather than a hard baddie. Steven wouldn't care. You don't fuck with his niece and not get your head kicked off.

Stewart Downing has come out and backed Steven Gerrard for the England captaincy. He also came out and backed Andy Carroll to replace Wayne Rooney. He also said Jamie Carragher's experience would be crucial at Euro 2012. Starting to see a pattern here Stewart. Perhaps Dalglish could replace Capello full time, and someone could knock together a forged British passport for Luis Suarez? And who needs Wembley? Knock it down, and play at Anfield. Sorted.

Never liked that white kit either. Red is loads better.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

Yeah - but that would be the end of Ashley Cole's England career.

That said, Glen Johnson continues to get a game for Liverpool - maybe they need to have one black guy in the team to say "see, we all have a black mate, therefore cannot be a big bad bunch of racists". On that basis, Cole keeps his place, but if Johnson ever gets a game, it will be when Cole is injured/subbed.

Seriously though - all of those statements from Downing are fucking ridiculous. Gerrard isn't captain material for his country - he's a complete dick (that may be part of the criteria for England captaincy though?). Andy Carroll is never going to be a fraction of how good Wayne Rooney is. He's a big lazy, useless cunt. Carragher's experience of being shit and scoring own goals would be beneficial how exactly?

It's only a friendly - an opportunity to get the lads together and take a look at fringe players.

The only real issue i have with it is Levein is basically saying if you want to play for Scotland you must either play for the Old Firm full time or in England, why was Foster not called up for any previous friendlies? Suddenly after 8 games in the championship he is international class??