aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Dunno Downing has at least contributed something this season, even if just a laugh. Walcott may as well not play at all, he has offered nothing since his hatrick the other year against Croatia.

Contributed what? Downing has one goal, zero assists and about 1,000 backward passes. He's terrible. Theo has 6 goals and 8 assists this season. That's a much more sizable contribution, surely? He's not doing as bad as most people make out, but he just never seems to work for England.

Yeah but thats because of the genius of King Kenny, but a big target man, buy a couple of wingers, then play them on the wrong side so they have to cut in every single time, which in turn means your big £35m target man is left looking like a plum because the only thing he is good at, you try to avoid. Downing on the left whipping in crosses for Carrol would work, but Liverpool just appear to stupid to realise it.

• Upvote 1

I used to rate Downing at Middlesborough, he was promising back then. Some rubbish play but could be forgiven due to his age and the odd magnificent delivery. He just seems to have gone backwards though and rarely seems to deliver any quality crosses these days and age/lack of experience is no excuse. Not having Mark Viduka in the box to stick it away anymore may have contributed to this though.

Isn't Downing also about a million years old?

Also did I miss England getting their manager sorted?

Yeah the FA offered it to me but I turned it down, may as well let 'Arry have a bash.

Back to the Celtic thing, the garbage this guy was spouting about Celtic was laughable. I merely suggested in response to his post that beating bottom of the league Dunfermline really isn't that impressive and Cambridge United would give them a game (Dunfermline not Celtic!).

Anyways when I had him a corner he used the age old lame excuse of having a pop at the team I support and suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about because I support Cambridge.

In fairness he does have a point there. ;)

You don't support a team like Cambridge unless you're from Cambridge (or unless you played as them once in FIFA 07, *cough* Me and Rochdale *cough*). It's a far better option than biting the bullet and supporting the nearest Premier League team. Or just supporting Man Utd because everyone else does.

I was watching a bit of womens football late last night and got me to thinking: could I assemble a team from folk I have a leisurely kick about with and defeat the Scotttish women's team? In danger of sounding like a big smelly, male chauvanist, I just can't see how a team of top female side could take on a team of men that can play a bit of football and aren't fat and old. This is based on what I've seen of women's football. Does this make me a terrible cunt?

Kinda relates to something I was thinking about yesterday. Do you think we'll ever see a woman managing a top tier football club in the future? I don't suppose there are any in the lower leagues, are there?

I seem to recall there being a woman boss somewhere in the English lower leagues - couldn't tell you what team it was or whether she's still in the job though.

That's a good thing for Blackburn and Steve Kean. They're better than Wigan, MMless Wolces and Cahill-less Bolton!!!

Kinda relates to something I was thinking about yesterday. Do you think we'll ever see a woman managing a top tier football club in the future? I don't suppose there are any in the lower leagues, are there?

But women don't like football, remember?