aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

Frosty Jack

Can't find the general 'Aberdeen is falling apart' thread so I'm putting it here:

I see E.A.R.L sandwich place is closing. Shame. I used to love that place when it was in the Market.

Only went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was great. Heard Papagallos closed this week as well :down:

Guest droid
I see the EE are reporting that Stuart Clarkson (owner of Soul) has made a bid with a developer to buy the building. Sounds like exactly what Union Street needs - another massive pub.

He'll have to spend a fortune on the building,the roof is f****d,it leaks from top to bottom.

Guest droid
Did he not already spend a fortune saving most of the features of the building that is now Soul?

True dat...i bet he got some sort of grants because it's a listed building.

True dat...i bet he got some sort of grants because it's a listed building.

It was a taxi driver giving a couple of us an Aberdeen history lesson one night about building after one passenger said they were not that happy to see former churches used as pubs.

Not sure if it's accurate but he seemed confident enough to say that the building had a lot of very serious stuctural defects and without the current owner spending millions of pounds of his own money to fix it, nobody would have saved it.

Guest droid
It was a taxi driver giving a couple of us an Aberdeen history lesson one night about building after one passenger said they were not that happy to see former churches used as pubs.

Not sure if it's accurate but he seemed confident enough to say that the building had a lot of very serious stuctural defects and without the current owner spending millions of pounds of his own money to fix it, nobody would have saved it.

I have had a lift from him he's amazing..yes the spire used to crumble on a stormy day dropping masonry on the street below.