aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

Frosty Jack

Jesus, big boxes of pups.. Wonder how much they'll shift for..?

I'm after some bass pickups, be fucking gutted if they end up flogging off ones I'm after! In reality though, I'm so fucking glad that it's not the day after payday when I don't have work. I'd bankrupt myself. Between the line 6 pods, the guitar cables, pickups and the unfinished guitar bodies... Disgusting to see a shop with such amazing stock go down the pan.

xx

So, will anyone be going to the viewing tonight!? I reckon I'll head down around 6.30ish and have a gander.

Will be interesting/sad to see the stripped innards of Bruce Millers at the very least.

Beating off the competition is really hard! I once had to try and beat off 20 guys in order to get a copy of the last X-Men movie. It took me ages, and I was so sore afterwards, but it was worth it!

Beating off the competition is really hard! I once had to try and beat off 20 guys in order to get a copy of the last X-Men movie. It took me ages, and I was so sore afterwards, but it was worth it!

That does sound like hard work. You must've been all sweaty and sticky afterwards too.

That's the best way to get ahead though, the competition come and go.

xx

...the competition come and go.

That's what one of them said to me. He was really angry, he said "oh now I've come! I need to go!"

I was certainly a bit sweaty, but I was much more so after I watched the X-Men DVD!!!

Fuck, i would be all over those blackstar 5w valves if i could make it! God damn so pissed off i accepted a shift tomorrow.

You can go to the viewing tonight, or phone, and leave a bid with the auctioneer and they will bid on your behalf.

Haven't any of you n00bs ever been to an auction?

I don't like the idea of leaving my bid and then no one bidding on it tomorrow or something and then i spent way more than what i could have got for it. Would really rather just be there, contemplating being an arsehole an telling them i can't do the shift any more.

You tell them your maximum bid, if you give a maximum bid of 100, and the bidding stops at 40, you'll win at like 45.

I used to play pool on that "childrens" pool table in the stock room. Own a bit of history guys.

Some of the listings are very badly done and incorrect (certainly in terms of the old A/V stock). Those Pace "Freeview" boxes are actually Freesat boxes and there are pictures of old Bose 301s instead of roommates. I guess it's easy to make mistakes when there's so much stuff though.

78 recorder for sale tomorrow

I'm pretty sure the actual 78s machine still works, from memory it was just the mic that was goosed. I could be wrong though.

Whern I visited the shop tonight, this unit was attracting a lot of attention and some youngsters were amazed to see how records really were CUT 62 years ago. Back then it was a state of the art unit and even now the lathe that cut the record still seems to be in good condition as does the swarf brush that dealt with the material generated when the cutter got going.

I think the ribbon microphone could easily be repaired. Of course it really was a single track recorder as there was just one input and apart from a level control the only other options were two switches that allowed you select two preset levels of top lift and bass cut. (the more bass you recorded - the deeper the grooves).

It is a wonderful bit of kit and deserves to be in the Science museum.

The Managing Director of HMV, Simon Fox, is a friend of and I have spoken to him today about this item coming up for sale. It would be a great centrepiece for a "from analogue to digital" exhibition at their HMV store in Oxford Street. However HMV itself, has plenty of problems at the moment trying to keep its stores open and at the same time deal with looters who cleared a couple of their big shops - so perhaps HMV itself might not bid.

In more affluent times I am sure a museum somewhere would buy this piece of history.

There will be plenty of other bargains tomorrow. As Alkaline has already pointed out - the catalogue has errors so make sure that you know what you are bidding for. I can't believe the boxes and boxes of pickups that are to be sold in lots of 40 at a time - that's enough pick ups to keep Bigsby busy for the rest of his life.

There are also some amazing uncatalogued items in the "variety" boxes. Anyone going to this sale should be there early to check out the actual contents of each lot.

Take care as two separate sales will start simultaneously at 11am - so don't end up bidding for 16 coffee machines when you meant to bid on 16 guitar tuners.

Graham