aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

Frosty Jack

I think a large contributing fact to it closing was, towards the end it was being run by a television salesman(not Alkaline), an accounts clerk and a director with as much sense as a spitting image puppet.

• Upvote 1

I think a large contributing fact to it closing was, towards the end it was being run by a television salesman(not Alkaline), an accounts clerk and a director with as much sense as a spitting image puppet.

Woooooah, that's completely uncalled for. The "television salesman" and the "accounts clerk" knew that business like the back of their hands. The company was circling the toilet well before they were hoisted in as scapegoats.

Woooooah, that's completely uncalled for. The "television salesman" and the "accounts clerk" knew that business like the back of their hands. The company was circling the toilet well before they were hoisted in as scapegoats.

Hahaha...sorry Phil, they had as much business acumen as Del Trotter.;)

Hahaha...sorry Phil, they had as much business acumen as Del Trotter.;)

I disagree, the place was in a state and it was an absolute thankless task trying to fix it. If they had shaken things up a year or so earlier when the recession actually hit then who knows, the company may still've been trading on the high street.

That place and the people who owned it kept your wife employed for over a decade and right up to the end and regardless of whatever axe you have to grind with them for whatever reasons i think it's a little bit disrespectful to talk about people who were ultimately blameless in such a callous way. Keeping that place going was the biggest thankless tasks i've seen.

I disagree, the place was in a state and it was an absolute thankless task trying to fix it. If they had shaken things up a year or so earlier when the recession actually hit then who knows, the company may still've been trading on the high street.

That place and the people who owned it kept your wife employed for over a decade and right up to the end and regardless of whatever axe you have to grind with them for whatever reasons i think it's a little bit disrespectful to talk about people who were ultimately blameless in such a callous way. Keeping that place going was the biggest thankless tasks i've seen.

Well Phil, you are always going to defend your Buddy aren't you as he too kept you in employment for all those years eh...i'm just stating a fact. Maybe if your mate was a bit more pro active, instead of running his fingers down the escalator looking for dust and trawling peoples facebook pages when they were off ill(i won't mention the neurotic accounts clerk)...the maybe things would have been a little different. Let's face it wasn't it the loss of the TV rentals (your mate's department) that put them in the sh*t to start with? Don't start that disrespectful crap either, they way they handled the final stages was disgraceful...you were ok you, were kept on after everyone else was laid off.

Merry Crimbolds