aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

Frosty Jack

Didn't expect it to be that quick.

Sad to see it go.

Apparently there will be an auction of remaining stock in two weeks.

Where'd you hear that?!

Guest Gladstone
I've had some great times there after school, every thursday before me and my mate had our guitar lessons we'd play the pianos at the back for at least an hour at a time.. I've been told theres meant to be a closing down sale? Anybody know about this?

Closing down sale has been and gone - doors closed.

Word of an auction for remaining stock though.

Guest Cool Thinker
It's so messed up that the council want to give Union Street a big glass roof when the big stores i.e E+M, BM's are closed.

Where did you hear this ?

Roofing over Union Street is just one of the idiotic ideas contained in a new document produced by our exalted leaders, the hopeless shitwits.

But that's a discussion for this thread -

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/politics-current-affairs/62050-union-terrace-gardens-105.html#post905623

Exactly. It wasn't a metaphor folks. A cold hard fact...(and a stupid one at that)

You searching for a job Phil?

It would be an amazing (yet pointless) piece of engineering if they pulled it off.

If they pull it off... I give up...

The roads in Aberdeen are fucked. The infrastructure on Union St is shite. We show off about being "the oil capital of Europe" but the city is slowly descending into Dundee part 2.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Does anyone have details of the auction at Bruce Millers?

The kind of info I'm looking for is:-

a) which date / time? (I heard Thursday 30th June, is this correct - and what time would it start?)

b) what will be for sale? I'd be interested in instruments (guitar, mandolin, ukelele, saxophone), music (piano) books.

c) any timetable on when which lots (what type of items) will be sold for example if I wanted to buy a specific intrument would there be an indication of what time roughly those instruments would be up for auction - I wouldn't ant to hang around from 9 am only to find that xyz are on sale from 5-6pm.

Anyone involved in organising the aution? I'd be grateful for your advice!!

I don't live in the city any more and rarely go anywhere near it. All i can complain about is the buses. GOD DAMN BUSES!

This fucks me off as well. I'm aware that they are needed and public transport is a good thing etc but I really hope they make them quieter at least. I don't think Aberdeen has the infrastructure to re-route them around Union Street (via Market street etc). Pedestrianising part of Union Street, probably Bridge Street to Market Street might work but then it would also damn the remaining parts of Union Street to an eternity of vacant shops and minky pubs.

It appears that Bruce Millers is opening up for auction of its stock on Thursday 30th does anyone know anymore information about this.

Is the shop just opening up as normal with everything reduced or is there a set time that everythings getting auctioned ?

Guest droid
It appears that Bruce Millers is opening up for auction of its stock on Thursday 30th does anyone know anymore information about this.

Is the shop just opening up as normal with everything reduced or is there a set time that everythings getting auctioned ?

No that was the Evening Express making up a load of shit as usual !