aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Robinho is a solid player when the sun is out. Is it cold in Italy between November and March? Ah, he'll be fine!

I reckon Ibra is totally cut out for Serie A. He likes to get on the end of a delivery, where as its all along the ground in La Liga. If Milan opt to buy him at the end of the loan, it is a huge financial loss for Barca. Good business from MIlan though. They know how to spend little and sell big. They're going to win the Champions League. They'll beat Spurs in the final.

Milan are mental. Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho, and Pato is an incredibly talented frontline (although the mental attributes of these players certainly leaves something to be desired), but look at their bloody defence. Nesta, Oddo, Jankulovski, Zambrotta, and Bonera are dinosaurs, Onyewu is like an American Titus Bramble, and Silva has his dodgy moments as well. They've also signed Mario Yepes, who is another antique.

Stupid squad. Whoever is in-charge of transfers there needs a lobotomy.

The Milan philosophy seems very focused on extending the careers of older players, which has an obvious detrimental affect on any younger players coming through. It's a decent system for the most part, as Maldini & co. were pretty much class until their retirement, Pirlo can still do a job, and Nesta looked very capable on the occaisions I saw him play last season. They don't seem to start bringing players through until they're aged 22-23, though (Ignazio Abate, for example).

I really like AC, but they're broken from top to bottom. They've had years to see this coming and haven't reacted. They're paying for it now, and will be for a while.

The Van Der Vaart deal has finally been approved. 8million is a steal. He probably plays a very similar position to Modric, and whilst Van Der Vaart is solid, I'd still place Modric higher up the pecking order. Unless Harry opts for 4-5-1, is he likely to play any more than he did at Real Madrid?

Good player though. Bargain too. Bit on the slow side, but good at putting the ball about.

The Van Der Vaart deal has finally been approved. 8million is a steal. He probably plays a very similar position to Modric, and whilst Van Der Vaart is solid, I'd still place Modric higher up the pecking order. Unless Harry opts for 4-5-1, is he likely to play any more than he did at Real Madrid?

Good player though. Bargain too. Bit on the slow side, but good at putting the ball about.

Really strange signing in my opinion. Very, very talented player and an absolute snip at that price, but how is he going to fit into the Spurs system? Modric is too good to drop, and if they play both of them in the middle then they'll probably have to sacrifice a striker, but they can't exactly drop Defoe, can they? They'd need to go 4-5-1 with Palacios/Sandro as the holding player, and that's an incredibly unbalanced midfield. The alternative is to put VDV in Modric's place in the current system, and play Modric wide left, but that'd mean dropping Gareth Bale who's been superb this season.

It'll be interesting to see what Redknapp does. It's a nice dilemma to have, for sure.

Really strange signing in my opinion. Very, very talented player and an absolute snip at that price, but how is he going to fit into the Spurs system? Modric is too good to drop, and if they play both of them in the middle then they'll probably have to sacrifice a striker, but they can't exactly drop Defoe, can they? They'd need to go 4-5-1 with Palacios/Sandro as the holding player, and that's an incredibly unbalanced midfield. The alternative is to put VDV in Modric's place in the current system, and play Modric wide left, but that'd mean dropping Gareth Bale who's been superb this season.

It'll be interesting to see what Redknapp does. It's a nice dilemma to have, for sure.

The final option is the most likely. Whilst popping Bale in at left back where he can still play very effectively.

Anybody read about John McCormack's unfair dismissal claim?

Football coach who told players to strip in front of female physio wins dismissal case | Glasgow and West | STV News

Some quotes:

During the talk, he made sexually explicit comments about the physio. Then, after the game, he encouraged the team to "get your tackle out lads, Jillian's coming to see who's got the biggest tadger".
Other incidents highlighted in court included a prank played by Mr McCormack during a team talk with a nutritionist. One of the clubs players Brian Carrigan went to sit down but Mr McCormack pulled the chair away, causing Mr Carrigan to fall on the ground.

It's not just the gentlemen's agreement between the home nations that is stopping Arteta playing for England now. Arteta not being an English citizen (by having documentation proving so, i.e. a British passport) at the time when he represented Spain at youth level somehow completely dimishes his chances too. That's a spanner in the works, because even though there was a spoken agreement in place, I reckon Capello would sack off some pishy handshake for the sake of having a capable talented footballer in the squad. I bet whilst he did it, he'd yell "So long suckerssss!" too. But we'll never know.

Come on Jack Wilshere. Hurry up and be 21 years old, a little bit less weedy and a little more right fucking good. Same goes for Tom Cleverley. He's on loan at Wigan now, so Wigan will probably forge a top 4 finish.

HR: Daaant worry the prem league owe me a few favours after a few kick backs from player transfers.

RM: Sorted, phone ya in January for some more wheelin my son.

I would say that is about 97% accurate.

I wish I could rep the shit out of you, alas, I can't. So here's a thing saying that I would if I could.

We've sent 2 left backs on loan this week, this leaves me confused because we're already thin on the ground at that position. Looks like we'll be playing Matt Kilgallon there for the forseeable future despite him saying that he doesn't like being a left back, has never been a left back and is only really happy at centre back. GOOD WORK WGS.

Hibs have grabbed Jonathan Grounds 'till January, hope he gets some games for them - he's a good prospect on that left side of defence or midfield.

You can sign loan players and out of contract players at any time, I think.

Unless something's changed, loan signings can only be made outside the transfer windows by lower league clubs, and only within the same country.

Wonder if they managed to get this lined up late on Tuesday subject to work permit, but have only just got it ratified? Still ahve to wait for the permit of course, but if all the other paperwork's been done...

My source says AFC haven't been in contact with Basey for weeks, leaving him hanging and that primarily they are only interested in number one (i.e. the club). Hendrie didn't know his deal was off until he read we'd signed Hartley in the paper.

The way the club is run is a complete shambles.

Oh, and Mackie out on loan in his testimonial year perhaps..? :rolleyes: