aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

At least she was alright this time and not some old granny.

There was a good interview with Usain Bolt in The Guardian last weekend, he was saying that it's stupid that all these footballers get married so early, they have women throwing themselves at them, of course they are going to cheat.

Great timing by the NOTW just days before argueably the toughest game England might have in qualifying. Mind you it's been an age since Shrek bagged a goal for England, he must be due one soon.

He racked up 4 assists on Friday though. I don't care if he never scores again if he continues to spray it about like that.

Ha. The Sun will blame anything. He was clearly still nursing the ankle injury, since he was limping about in the Slovenia game. Unless he thought about what he did, and got a little bit aroused, and had to tuck in.

Pretty sure Rooney's not on 150k a week either. Not that it bares any relevence to the story, but they threw it in anyway.

I love the "close pals", "friends close to the England star" and "A Manchester United source" that The Sun just make up in order to print whatever fucking horse-shit they want. Unless there's a name next to the quote, it's made up. God, these fucking hacks make my blood fucking boil. I'm about Hulk the fuck out.

Peterhead are in the semi-finals of a national cup competition. What the actual fuck?

Draw takes place on Thursday. Balmoor grudge match would be a saucy one.

We looked alright on Saturday, still a touch ropey at the back though. Big home game against Stirling this Saturday after what Cowden did to us....

In his post-match interview after the Scotland v Lithuania game, Kenny Miller used the names "Robbo", "Naisy", "Fletch" and "Browny", and he said "Boydy" 7 times. Excellent bit of stereotype reinforcing from Miller. He also talks like his tongue has been stung by bees.

Saturday Sportsound - Scottish Football

I love it when footballers do this. Wayne Rooney appears to be known as "Wazza", which Darren Fletcher refers to him as in interviews. In an interview with Mark Beevers after a televised Wednesday game last year, he referred to Darren Purse, Marcus Tudgay and Tommy Spurr as Percy, Tudders and Spud. Marvelous.

In his post-match interview after the Scotland v Lithuania game, Kenny Miller used the names "Robbo", "Naisy", "Fletch" and "Browny", and he said "Boydy" 7 times. Excellent bit of stereotype reinforcing from Miller. He also talks like his tongue has been stung by bees.

Saturday Sportsound - Scottish Football

I'm sure either Hutty or Fletch said that there was a good save early on by 'Greegsie'

One coach I had growing up referred to EVERYONE by a shortened version of their name + 'ee'. Duncy, Petie, Rossy, Johnny.....If no shortened version really existed then they got the full name + ee. i.e. "Graeme-ee", "Simon-ee"

Guest Gladstone

Kenny Miller looks and I'm sure is a thick as fuck ned, who happens to have got REALLY REALLY lucky in the world of football. For all I can see with him is that he was blessed with the ability to run hoorin' fast, and someone once told him to run about at that speed for a full 90 minutes, which he did, and it got him a game for Hibs when he was a lad.

He is a fucking atrocious footballer. More often than not his touch lets him down, and his composure in front of goal is awful. That said he seems to have improved an awful lot since his return to Ibrox, and he's scored some good goals for them as well as some decent performances for Scotland. But there is absolutely zero natural ability in him. They've just been working on his football ability for 15 years and he finally managed to score more than 20 goals last season.

He is a slightly more effective Darren Mackie for the simple reason that he puts in more effort in a match than Darren Mackie and puts himself about a bit more.

Kenny Miller looks and I'm sure is a thick as fuck ned, who happens to have got REALLY REALLY lucky in the world of football. For all I can see with him is that he was blessed with the ability to run hoorin' fast, and someone once told him to run about at that speed for a full 90 minutes, which he did, and it got him a game for Hibs when he was a lad.

He is a fucking atrocious footballer. More often than not his touch lets him down, and his composure in front of goal is awful. That said he seems to have improved an awful lot since his return to Ibrox, and he's scored some good goals for them as well as some decent performances for Scotland. But there is absolutely zero natural ability in him. They've just been working on his football ability for 15 years and he finally managed to score more than 20 goals last season.

He is a slightly more effective Darren Mackie for the simple reason that he puts in more effort in a match than Darren Mackie and puts himself about a bit more.

Guest idol_wild

I dunno, Mackie's main strength is his workrate and aggression. I've seen him really put the boot into centre-halves and fucking dominate them, and I've witnessed his sheer effort and willingness to do the running and pressing win Aberdeen points. Celtic at home and Hearts away are two examples that spring to mind immediately.

Mackie is so so so similar to Kenny Miller in many respects, but believe it or not, Miller is just a slightly better footballer.

I do agree with your summary of Miller, though. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Scumbags who pay a grand to pipe some chalk-fannied, flappy-titted, wrinkly old mare deserve all the humiliation and embarrassment that comes their way.

Utter tit.

Feel I must defend Rooney here, the lassie he paid a grand a pop to looks like this:

article-0-0B0EAC29000005DC-620_308x507.jpg

The granny was a few years back, she got less, but enough to buy some Werther's and a new hot water bottle.

1324424.jpg

Guest Gladstone
I dunno, Mackie's main strength is his workrate and aggression. I've seen him really put the boot into centre-halves and fucking dominate them, and I've witnessed his sheer effort and willingness to do the running and pressing win Aberdeen points. Celtic at home and Hearts away are two examples that spring to mind immediately.

Mackie is so so so similar to Kenny Miller in many respects, but believe it or not, Miller is just a slightly better footballer.

I do agree with your summary of Miller, though. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Hmmm. I've seen Mackie do that as well, but not every game he plays for Aberdeen, otherwise he would be far more effective. When he can be arsed, he is probably better than Kenny Miller (technically), but then so am I (probably), but Kenny Miller gives you that every single game he plays, whether it's against Celtic, Aberdeen, Italy, Cowdenbeath, etc. Mackie tends to give you that when he's got a few months of his contract left.

You surely cannot be serious?

His workrate is now dwindling at a rate of knots; all hes ever had is speed and now even that is starting to fail him the older he gets. He doesn't work anywhere near as hard as he used to in his early 20's apart from in odd spats, and as for aggression? The guy gets shrugged off the ball so easily, and he will not jump to header the ball. Genuinely puzzled as to how someone could single out "aggression" as a facet of Mackies play.

I've said it before and I will say it again; Darren Mackie is a terrible footballer. The only reason he is still at Pittodrie is sentimentality and the fact that out of the 4 goals he scores a season, 2 or 3 will be important ones. Match by match, he is absolutely crap.

Kenny Miller was a natural goalscorer when he first came through at Hibs, and when he first joined Rangers. Remember him scoring 5 goals against St. Mirren? Still an SPL record. He scored a lot at Wolves as well, the fans down there loved him because he ran his socks off but he still always scored goals. It's only since he came back up to Celtic that he turned into the brick-footed clogger that he currently is.

Kenny Miller was a natural goalscorer when he first came through at Hibs, and when he first joined Rangers. Remember him scoring 5 goals against St. Mirren? Still an SPL record. He scored a lot at Wolves as well, the fans down there loved him because he ran his socks off but he still always scored goals. It's only since he came back up to Celtic that he turned into the brick-footed clogger that he currently is.

Seem to recall him scoring (the winner?) against Liverpool once, Man U too I think (maybe not the winner that time).