aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Hell yeah, what an amazing match. 4-4 in the end after Cyprus took 1-0 and 2-1 leads. Portugal went 4-3 up and Cyprus still managed to equalise. I had a feeling it might be a draw judging by how Portugal had struggled to score against teams of similar stature in World Cup qualifying but that was more in the mould of a 0-0 not a 4-4.

"We did everything right but score a goal."

So essentially, we did everything right bar the main objective of a football match?

That quote also misses "or create a decent opportunity that could be called a 'clear cut' chance" which is an integral part of preparing for the main objective of a football match unless you're relying on blind luck alone.

After todays games, we're still top of the league, with a game in hand which we play tomorrow. Could open up a 4 point gap if we rinse Brentford. Southampton being in a bit of turmoil has gone very much gone in our favour, as everyone touted them as running away with it.

Our only concern is Marcus Tudgay looking very disinterested. We declined a number of deadline day bids for him, but with the Loan window opening, he could easily still go. I don't quite understand how the loan window works though.

Guest idol_wild
After todays games, we're still top of the league, with a game in hand which we play tomorrow. Could open up a 4 point gap if we rinse Brentford. Southampton being in a bit of turmoil has gone very much gone in our favour, as everyone touted them as running away with it.

Our only concern is Marcus Tudgay looking very disinterested. We declined a number of deadline day bids for him, but with the Loan window opening, he could easily still go. I don't quite understand how the loan window works though.

Plays there on it's on, holding it up and bringing other windows into play.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some alternative newspaper, that went around "exposing" every aspect of every tabloid journalists life, tricking them into admitting cheating on their wives/doing drugs, etc, maybe funded by some eccentric millionare who had been brought down by the NOTW?

Yeah, fackin' thought so.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some alternative newspaper, that went around "exposing" every aspect of every tabloid journalists life, tricking them into admitting cheating on their wives/doing drugs, etc, maybe funded by some eccentric millionare who had been brought down by the NOTW?

Yeah, fackin' thought so.

That wouldn't be in 'the public interest' though. Sadly, there's very little that the NOTW haven't done ethically by the book here. Lots of people are interested in Wayne Rooney, and the story's been verified. Sad world.

That wouldn't be in 'the public interest' though. Sadly, there's very little that the NOTW haven't done ethically by the book here. Lots of people are interested in Wayne Rooney, and the story's been verified. Sad world.

Do you not think that the interest in Wayne Rooney's private life is something that has been generated by the media rather than a public interest? e.g. papers like the NoTW present these stories in a fashion to con people into thinking that it is interesting as they feel that they can generate more revenue with a story like this rather than how good/bad he is at the football.

Do you not think that the interest in Wayne Rooney's private life is something that has been generated by the media rather than a public interest? e.g. papers like the NoTW present these stories in a fashion to con people into thinking that it is interesting as they feel that they can generate more revenue with a story like this rather than how good/bad he is at the football.

Oh, exactly. Couldn't agree more. But because they've done that, this Rooney story emerging now is in the public interest. I was just stating the obvious for some reason.

When it's just a bit of shagging about, I really don't care what footballers have been up to, because footballers are quite clearly idiots. Especially the fugly swamp creatures who have got WAGS that are clearly out of their league, like Wayne, and also Peter Crouch.

I'm more interested in stuff like Joey Barton and Steven Gerrard throwing their fists about, or when those Leeds United players started scuffling ethic minorities outside nightclubs. Now that's a bit of news.

Wayne's never been a man of his word. He was all Everton til I die, then he beggered off for a bit of money and promise of silverware, to the outright disgust of the Everton supporters.. Although he was 17 when he promised Everton his future. If you're stupid enough to believe a 17 year old and what they want, then you deserve all the disappointment you get.

The Redknapps. Now that's how to publicise a perfect nuclear family. They have a right old laughh playing that Nintendo Wii, knocking down pins and racing jam jars, and sometimes invite Dad round for a bit of golf. Then they go and Thomas Cook a holiday. Jubbly!

Great timing by the NOTW just days before argueably the toughest game England might have in qualifying. Mind you it's been an age since Shrek bagged a goal for England, he must be due one soon.

Meanwhile in the murky depths of 5th tier toilet football, them football giants Gateshead were raped 5-0 by a rampant Cambridge United at the Abbey Stadium Saturday afternoon. All of a sudden according to some deluded supporters we're gonna win the league with some ease now..... Luton will crash us down to earth next Saturday although amusingly they havent won in four.

Guest Gladstone
You just wonder how fucking stupid these cunts are though. You can see how Terry might expect to get away with it, but what made Rooney think that despite taking a grand for a ride she wouldn't take 50 to blab about it?

I think the main problem is that these fuckers either a) don't care; or b) think they're invincible.

They are such a bunch of immoral cunts, it really pisses me off.

I know there are thousands/millions of cunts out there who cheat on their partners etc and I despise them all equally, but fucking hell, some of these football players are just utter fuckbastards.

Rooney splashing a grand to shag someone behind his missus's back. He's a fucking Dad for christ's sake. The John Terry thing really pissed me off as well - and that's not the only thing he's done - some of the stories about him. Things like parking his fuck off 4x4 in a disabled space "because he can afford the fine" is just wankery of the highest nature. What a fucking dick.

You just wonder how fucking stupid these cunts are though. You can see how Terry might expect to get away with it, but what made Rooney think that despite taking a grand for a ride she wouldn't take 50 to blab about it?

Totally, who'd have thunk a whore would ever betray you. I mean of all people to sell your secrets for money!