aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Did anyone watch the England game? I'm guessing that they played very well judging by putting 3 past Switzerland at home.

They were better against Bulgaria, as was Rooney, but I didn't expect Rooney to be much good tonight after all the shite thats going on with him. Johnson and Bent scored neat goals each though. The Swiss goal from the young Shaqiri was an absolute blinder though. The kids got skills. Looks like a younger, more enthusiastic Arshavin, with a bit of muscle too. Watch a replay of that if you can.

Glen Johnson continues to be the worst defender of all defenders. Absolutely awful. I hate him. Stop playing him at right back. Play an actual defender there.

Scotland should be winning this group, Spain are clearly a spent force now that they've lost the Unofficial World Football Title to Argentina and the Czech Republic lost against Lithuania. Plain sailing to the top of the group from here on out is my prediction.

Fucking much this, without a shadow of a doubt. GREAT 4 points. Xavi is gay. Cech is a poof. IT IS WRITTEN. Glad I'm Scottish. Best international team on EARTH.

Pleased with the stat that the attendance at Hampden tonight was more than the population of Liechtenstein.

Narrow last minute win at home against the best footballers from a large village = Result. :up:

crikey Scotland that was one hell of a get out of jail free card you played tonight. even a draw would have been beyond humiliating. another reminder of the fine line footy tows at times and indeed a manager is only as good as his last result!

As for Engerland sounded pretty comfortable judging by the radio commentary. if Capello even dares to considor playing Gerrard and Lampard in the same team again he should be shot. Think the proof is in the results against admittedly poor opposition that those two cannot play in midfield together but then again we all knew that already!

That was scary stuff.

Have to feel slightly for the away supporters: yes, their team was as dirty as sin, but to lose it on the last kick is a right hoof in the nuts.

Hopefully this does not disguise the fact that our team is not very good (better when Morrison/Robson came on, and where the fuck was Dorrans/Adam?), and that Kris Boyd can fuck back off into exile. Because he is shite.

Good on the U21's, BTW.....

Right then.

The under-21s v Austria: excellent. Dominated all areas of the pitch, bar the goal (which came out of nowhere) and Martin kicking it straight to Arnautovic (who's a cunt) who managed to pass it back, albeit more aggressively and into his chest. Bannan was excellent, Scobbie and Hanlon were particularly good at the back, and while FORREST FIRE didn't get his chance until around 70 minutes (before setting up Bebo), he was excellent. The goals were sensational, and it's easily the best value for money I've had in quite a while. What a game.

The senior team:

Fucking terrible. Dorrans should be in the team every single time unless his leg is hanging off or he's dead, and I couldn't have been more frustrated with the tactic of 'pass it about, then punt it out the park when our forwards are in good positions'. That didn't work. Mind you, all worth it for the absolute euphoria of McManus' goal a the end.

Two national games, two comebacks, two late goals. Brilliant and terrifying.

Guest Gladstone

Even if you disagree with Levein's choice of personnel for that match, I don't think you can lay the blame solely at his feet for really struggling to beat Liechtenstein. That group of players should be capable of beating a bunch of part-timers comfortably without a fucking manager telling them what to do.

Fuck me, it was horrible to watch. I feared we were going to get done over for about 20 minutes of the second half. They looked dangerous coming forward once they'd got a bit of confidence. We should have pummelled their goal from the first whistle and had them beat in the first 20 minutes, but we keep trying this stupid "patient" game. It reminds me so much of Celtic under Strachan (latterly, when we were shite). The patient game is what good teams like Barcelona play. I.e. knock it about at the back, at a fairly high tempo, into midfield, back to defence, into midfield, across midfield, BAM, defence splitting through ball, chance, goal. When Scotland (or that Celtic team) try it, it's knocked back and forth across the back four at a mind-numbingly slow pace, BAM, long ball over the heads of the strikers, the defence and out for a goal kick. Keep the ball on the fucking deck and pass it round these guys. They are fucking part-timers. We didn't even use that stupid tactic when we were beating France away from home a few seasons ago. We were composed on the ball, and picked out a pass and countered them well.

Individuals on the night: McGregor did all that was asked of him really, no chance for the goal. McManus - what the fuck was he doing standing off the striker in the box? Get in tight for fucksake. Great finish, but he should never have got the shot away as easily.

Weir - can't really think of him doing much wrong, apart from a few stray passes.

Hutton - didn't get forward enough. He looked threatening when he did, but he should have been doing it all game or until his legs gave way due to lack of match fitness and then taken off. I know it was a bad tackle, but he can't get involved in that sort of shit - daft, daft booking to pick up against a completely bollocks team.

Wallace - looked ok now and again, but he did fuck all really. Should have seen more of him.

Fletcher - good in spells, and near the end of the game, he was showing and taking the ball off the defence, trying to start attacks, but he was wasteful in possession far too often.

McCulloch - I don't remember seeing much of him, apart from getting "involved" in the box for set pieces, missing a header early on and getting booked for raising his hands. I'm quite glad he's suspended for the Spain match - hopefully means Paul Hartley starts.

McFadden - pish.

Brown - even pisher. How this cunt continues to get picked I don't know. He's actually been quite good for Celtic this season so far, but he just looks like he's out for a fight whenever he wears a Scotland top. He's a centre midfielder, if he's not playing centre midfield, don't fucking pick him just for the sake of picking him. Play a right midfielder in right midfield.

Miller - he was complete bollocks apart from the goal. That's unfair actually, I remember him putting a couple of good balls into the box, but just before the goal, I remember screaming at the telly "DON'T PASS TO MILLER FOR FUCKSAKE". Whoever it was passed to Miller and Miller made a brilliant 5 yard pass to the defender. Useless cunt. What a fucking strike though.

Boyd - completely invisible.

Morrison - our best player, despite only playing a half. He looked well up for it and showed for the full 45 minutes. He needs to start the next game, he's earned it.

Robson - someone stop letting him take free-kicks. And that pretty much stops him getting a game because that's the best bit of his game. How many free kicks did he waste over those 2 games? To be fair to him, he did look up for it and probably should have got a penalty for getting wiped out by the goalie.

All in all. We were fucking terrible, but got 3 points and now top the group. Some heroics will be required to get anything from the Spain game now, but this is Scotland, we will beat the World Champions 1-0. I'm away to buy tickets...

It was justice, they finished with 11 players despite having the same player booked twice in injury time.

This appears to have been confusion on the part of Richard Gordon and Billy Dodds, as it's not been mentioned anywhere else except on the sportsound commentary, so I guess it was Hutton that was booked in the 2nd incident.

Guest Gladstone
If we'd got an early goal things would have been lots different.

For those of you interested in Scotland v Spain tickets for October 12th:

Presale link: Buy Scotland Tickets

Use code: ESP1210

:]

You need to be on the e-mail database though - it asks for your email address and the code.

I just bought tickets.

By fuck, we better play better than last night...

Guest Gladstone
Hutton was booked, but the ref appeared to flash the card at both players.

He probably realised once he'd done it so only wrote the Hutton booking in his notebook/match report, the sneaky bastard.

They could have had a few sent off for second bookings, and the tackle on Hutton merited a straight red. But then, by the laws of the game McCulloch could have seen red for pushing the guy, and Miller and Brown could both have been sent off for continually whinging like a pair of gays.

Guest Gladstone
Nope - I have never bought Scotland tickets in my life using the email address that I just used. Which is a massive boost. :)

Did you register for updates though?

I registered my interest in Scotland tickets a month or so ago, and received the e-mail with the promotional code etc.

I presumed that they had a note of my e-mail address already, which is why the code worked?

Even if you disagree with Levein's choice of personnel for that match, I don't think you can lay the blame solely at his feet for really struggling to beat Liechtenstein. That group of players should be capable of beating a bunch of part-timers comfortably without a fucking manager telling them what to do.

Fuck me, it was horrible to watch. I feared we were going to get done over for about 20 minutes of the second half. They looked dangerous coming forward once they'd got a bit of confidence. We should have pummelled their goal from the first whistle and had them beat in the first 20 minutes, but we keep trying this stupid "patient" game. It reminds me so much of Celtic under Strachan (latterly, when we were shite). The patient game is what good teams like Barcelona play. I.e. knock it about at the back, at a fairly high tempo, into midfield, back to defence, into midfield, across midfield, BAM, defence splitting through ball, chance, goal. When Scotland (or that Celtic team) try it, it's knocked back and forth across the back four at a mind-numbingly slow pace, BAM, long ball over the heads of the strikers, the defence and out for a goal kick. Keep the ball on the fucking deck and pass it round these guys. They are fucking part-timers. We didn't even use that stupid tactic when we were beating France away from home a few seasons ago. We were composed on the ball, and picked out a pass and countered them well.

Individuals on the night: McGregor did all that was asked of him really, no chance for the goal. McManus - what the fuck was he doing standing off the striker in the box? Get in tight for fucksake. Great finish, but he should never have got the shot away as easily.

Weir - can't really think of him doing much wrong, apart from a few stray passes.

Hutton - didn't get forward enough. He looked threatening when he did, but he should have been doing it all game or until his legs gave way due to lack of match fitness and then taken off. I know it was a bad tackle, but he can't get involved in that sort of shit - daft, daft booking to pick up against a completely bollocks team.

Wallace - looked ok now and again, but he did fuck all really. Should have seen more of him.

Fletcher - good in spells, and near the end of the game, he was showing and taking the ball off the defence, trying to start attacks, but he was wasteful in possession far too often.

McCulloch - I don't remember seeing much of him, apart from getting "involved" in the box for set pieces, missing a header early on and getting booked for raising his hands. I'm quite glad he's suspended for the Spain match - hopefully means Paul Hartley starts.

McFadden - pish.

Brown - even pisher. How this cunt continues to get picked I don't know. He's actually been quite good for Celtic this season so far, but he just looks like he's out for a fight whenever he wears a Scotland top. He's a centre midfielder, if he's not playing centre midfield, don't fucking pick him just for the sake of picking him. Play a right midfielder in right midfield.

Miller - he was complete bollocks apart from the goal. That's unfair actually, I remember him putting a couple of good balls into the box, but just before the goal, I remember screaming at the telly "DON'T PASS TO MILLER FOR FUCKSAKE". Whoever it was passed to Miller and Miller made a brilliant 5 yard pass to the defender. Useless cunt. What a fucking strike though.

Boyd - completely invisible.

Morrison - our best player, despite only playing a half. He looked well up for it and showed for the full 45 minutes. He needs to start the next game, he's earned it.

Robson - someone stop letting him take free-kicks. And that pretty much stops him getting a game because that's the best bit of his game. How many free kicks did he waste over those 2 games? To be fair to him, he did look up for it and probably should have got a penalty for getting wiped out by the goalie.

All in all. We were fucking terrible, but got 3 points and now top the group. Some heroics will be required to get anything from the Spain game now, but this is Scotland, we will beat the World Champions 1-0. I'm away to buy tickets...

Cool story bro. Agree with most of it though. Brown was awful, as was Boyd. McFadden looked like his head wasn't in the game at all.