aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I hardly saw any of this weekends football. I seem to have lost interest in the domestic season. Aberdeen are doomed to pathetic end finish but Relegation isn't really a threat, the title races in England and Spain are all but over and the weather is too nice now to stay indoors all day. The insanely tight relegation battle will at least make the final couple of premiership weeks very interesting.

I'm not very confident about tonight's match. It would be a nice time for Torres suddenly to score a hat-trick.

Guest idol_wild

Reckon tonight could be the first Aberdeen v Rangers match in a long long time to attract a gate below 10,000? The attendances have been chronically low this season.

Reckon tonight could be the first Aberdeen v Rangers match in a long long time to attract a gate below 10,000? The attendances have been chronically low this season.

The huns will bulk it up with 4K or so. You also get yer bams who only go to see the Dons when they're playing the huns. Will definitely be the lowest in decades though.

I'm heading along shortly with no hope in my heart :love:

Guest idol_wild
The huns will bulk it up with 4K or so. You also get yer bams who only go to see the Dons when they're playing the huns. Will definitely be the lowest in decades though.

I'm heading along shortly with no hope in my heart :love:

Strangely, I actually see Aberdeen getting at least a point tonight, and I'm never positive about Aberdeen.

Not well enough though.

Obviously, but what's your point?

All I'm saying is it was encouraging given some of our recent performances that we had two youngsters in midfield who controlled the game for large spells and a seemingly settled pairing at centre half (that I like to affectionately call Zandy).

Far more confident going into the semi-final now than I was before last night's game.

Guest idol_wild

I have scored as many goals for Chelsea as Fernando Torres has, and he's played about 11 hours more football for them.

50 million on a player who everyone knew wouldn't fit into the current Chelsea playing style. Chelsea need to invest in the necessary attacking players during the summer if the signing of Torres is ever to work.

I'd have Benayoun starting every game that Torres does. He's one of the few midfielders in the Chelsea side who can lift his head and choose the correct pass 90% of the time. Lampard is a maker of late runs, and he loves nothing more than driving through the centre with his eyes on the ball the whole time before unleashing a shot. That doesn't require Torres to even be on the pitch.

Chelsea prefer to base their play on athleticism, sheer raw power and a bit of pace. If they just added a little bit of creative nous, they'd be a real force. They need a replacement for Drogba and two unselfish creative midfielders. They have the braun in the middle of the park - just not the brains.