aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

"It's fine when you have a great club' date=' with a great tradition, as Rangers have and people feel that's a part of it.

"But I think when there is a reaction, as there has been over the last few years, against those traditions then the people who do sing them need to take into account that in a modern era it's maybe not acceptable for them to do so."

[/quote']

BBC Sport - Rangers manager Smith urges fans to end sectarian songs

Uh, is it just me or has Watty just blamed the fact that the era has moved on and that now there is a 'reaction', rather than the fact these songs even exist?

Despicable club, rotten from inside out.

BBC Sport - Rangers manager Smith urges fans to end sectarian songs

Uh, is it just me or has Watty just blamed the fact that the era has moved on and that now there is a 'reaction', rather than the fact these songs even exist?

Despicable club, rotten from inside out.

I read in the paper that it was something like their 5th offence in 6 seasons. The punishment should therefore be simple - ban them from playing in Europe for a season. That'll soon teach their troglodyte fans to behave themselves, it seems nothing else has worked. I was watching the old firm cup final game a couple of weeks ago and you could clearly hear "We Are The Billy Boys" with the "fenian blood" line at about 10 different points in the match. Of course the SFA chose not to hear anything as usual.

Rooney getting banned for saying a swear on TV is a bit prissy. Whatever company actually film the live coverage always make a point of showing slow-mo replays of managers and players alike mouthing swearwords in reaction to misses, decisions not given, and even goals. Because the bad word is audible this time, it's not really that much different is it? Surely not ban worthy, especially considering he came out an apologised instantly, before any action was even pushed on him.

Two seasons ago, Michael Owen scored for Newcastle with a neat little chip over the keeper from close range. Sky Sports purposely rolled a replay of Michael Owen running to the corner flag, wagging his finger and mouthing "what a fucking finish". Clear as day what he was saying, yet wasn't caught and played back by accident by the TV coverage like Rooney's outburst was. It's also pretty obvious what Sir Alex is mouthing on the touchline 99% of the time, which the cameras film and the folks in charge opt to playback on their own accord.

It gets worse that the police said they could have easily have intervened and put him in a cell, for a bit of potty mouth, yet Ashley Cole can shoot someone, with a GUN, and nothing happens.

Wayne Rooney is still a massive abhorrent bell-end, but getting banned for a bit of a verbal carry on to a camera is well soft.

I still haven't seen the footage, I'm happy to assume that being Rooney he was a dick and he deserves the punishment.

It's been talked about a bit on football weekly though and I think I agree that it is something different to seek out the camera and aggressively swear at the tv audience than to be caught by the cameras swearing, So I don't really think his ban is that unfair when judged alone. However many worse things have gone unpunished.

It was a daft thing to do, though the camera was right next to him. Probably wouldn't have done it if the camera was further away. I still think a ban should be served for more than just a bit of potty mouth. Same goes for Drogba's outburst a couple of season's back, where Drogba actually had a point. It really was a fucking disgrace. Not quite worthy of a banning, in my opinion, of course.

He did get off scott-free for elbowing McCarthy on the bonce, so it probably all balances out.

Guest idol_wild

Out of interest, Paranoid Android, if Chelsea play Barcelona, who do you tend to favour?

That's not a dig for supporting two teams, which it sort of sounds like. Genuine question.

Didnt get as good a lol as I thought. Meh. Check this out though:

Thought I'd put this in here. Its pretty bloody cool!

Fail, Moose.

How much of a twat would the guy have felt if the keeper had saved it and he didn't score the rebound because he was too busy somersaulting?

Guest idol_wild
Fail, Moose.

How much of a twat would the guy have felt if the keeper had saved it and he didn't score the rebound because he was too busy somersaulting?

It would still have looked less shit than this:

Apparently the guy in question, Peter Devine, pulled his hamstring taking it.

Out of interest, Paranoid Android, if Chelsea play Barcelona, who do you tend to favour?

That's not a dig for supporting two teams, which it sort of sounds like. Genuine question.

It's tough, I've liked Chelsea for about 15 years whereas I only started following Barca / la liga since I moved here a couple of years ago but being here where there are daily newspapers pretty much dedicated to the team, everyone always talks about them and I can go to matches I feel more closely connected to Barca than I ever have with Chelsea.

The Champions League semi final in 2009 is the only time they've played since I've been here and at that time I hadn't liked Barca for so long so before the match I was pretty sure I wanted Chelsea to win but when Iniesta scored I got caught up in the excitement and ended jumping around celebrating the goal.

If they ended up playing in the final this year part of me would want Chelsea to win to make up for all the bad luck / fuck ups that have stopped them from winning over the past few years but at the same time I think this Barca team is very special and deserves to be remembered alongside the great club teams and that requires trophies.

Speaking of the champions league final I only just realised that it is on the same day as the Saturday of Primavera Sound, the one day I have a ticket for. Bkoody annoying. Hopefully if Barca are in the final they'll put the game on a big screen in the grounds otherwise I'll have to nip off to catch the match somewhere, knowing my luck one of the bands I really want to see will be on at the same time.