aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

It's just not a football ground and shouldn't be used as one. Glad Spurs didn't win that bid. I don't like Spurs but they already have a fantastic ground. Swapping it for that soulless dome would be criminal. Love grounds where the stands are right on the dead ball line, which WHL pretty much has.

Aye WHL is fantastic but with a waiting list of 20,000 for season tickets and a ridiculously low capacity (36,000) for an upper-half of the table EPL team it's time for something positive to be done about it.

We wanted to keep the seats closer to the pitch, hence having to re-build it after the Olympics. As usual cunts said no to the more logical step of utilising it to it's maximum capacity rather than having an excruitiatingly large Championship stadium...

True. WHL looks like it houses alot more people than it actually does. Is extending not an option, like Old Trafford did?

Compulsory purchase orders for the area projected as the new stadium site are ridiculously expensive and would mean pushing a large number of people out of their homes (just take a look at the Glasgow shennanigans for the Commonwealth Games as to how ugly that can turn).

I would prefer that to the Olympic Stadium as it keeps Spurs in Tottenham but it may not be feasible as a long-term strategy.

It's a dull game. Both teams playing crap. Two penalties are the difference. Definite handball for the first. The second one is soft. Cole leaves a leg in and flounders over softly. What a puff.

Gibson is not a footballer. He is bad at all things. He's not even that good at shooting. He just takes a fuckload of shots. With that sort of shot ratio, you expect some of them to go in, no matter who you are.

Scott Parker though. He is all that is man. He's not done much in this game so far, but I like watching him play. I like his confidence to actually run forwards with the ball in a congested midfield, rather than back-pedalling and passing it sideways.

Can't see a United comeback. There's no final ball. West Ham can afford so many men behind the ball now. Park and Giggs are coming in centrally so there's no left side and Valencia has been marked out of the game. Nothing is going to be threaded through the middle with Gibson at the helm either

Think thats the EPL pretty much done and dusted now, cannot see Man Utd throwing it away. My own team are now five games unbeaten even if four of them were draws. What a shit season, can't wait it for it to be over! Not even an international championship to look forward to in the summer either!

Didn't realise Hibs had signed Akpo Sodje, former Wednesday favourite. The Djibril Cisse of semi professional football.

Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Sheffield+United+RkZw_YmqXtrl.jpg

Didn't score many for us, but we loved him because he wanted to smack the living piss out Chris I AM A CUNT Morgan. And who in football is more deserving a shitkicking than he?

Guest idol_wild
When Essien first came to the Premiership he was only talked about as a dirty player but then people realised he is awesome in every other way and the reckless challenges started being ignored.

A la Stevsie Gerrard. For my money, one of the most genuinely complete footballers that has ever lived. He's a filthy, cheating, hacking mink though. In fact, I'd almost go as far to call him scum.

But he can fairly play fitba.

A la Stevsie Gerrard. For my money, one of the most genuinely complete footballers that has ever lived. He's a filthy, cheating, hacking mink though. In fact, I'd almost go as far to call him scum.

But he can fairly play fitba.

It might just be because I like him and he plays for Chelsea but I'd put Essien in the doesn't mean to be dangerous he's just gets over excited and loses control. Whether or not he means to be his tackles are dangerous though and he needs cut them out.