aberdeen-music

New gear 2010

Old Gold

I'm not huge on nitrocellulose either.

I've tried unfinished with just a tung oil coat (neck) and it was quite cool but a bit weird given my other guitars being so different.

My current 3 all have different neck finishes - natural with a polyurethane clearcoat, satin painted with a polyurethane clearcoat and gloss painted with a polyurethane clearcoat.

I prefer the natural and satin over the gloss.

:)

I'm not huge on nitrocellulose either.

I've tried unfinished with just a tung oil coat (neck) and it was quite cool but a bit weird given my other guitars being so different.

My current 3 all have different neck finishes - natural with a polyurethane clearcoat, satin painted with a polyurethane clearcoat and gloss painted with a polyurethane clearcoat.

I prefer the natural and satin over the gloss.

:)

One of the things i personally find with the neck of my SG is that it's a lost smoother playability-wise that the lacquered necks i've had on other guitars.

I still have a natural tele self custom job in the works as well.

Not exactly new, but I got my hands on an early Squier Strat (one of the Japanese made ones). So I decided that I'd combine it with my Japanese '57 reissue Strat:

IMG_0093.jpg

The body of the Squier and the neck and pickups fro the '57 reissue.

Was the '57 your pink one?

What are you doing with the body? I love your pink body.

I fitted the parts left over from the Japanese Squier:

IMG_0095.jpg

I hunted around for ages for the original pickup covers for my Strat, then realised that 2 of them were on my Mustang, d'oh! But I think that the black pickup covers look pretty cool on it, though I could see how they would not be for everyone's taste.