aberdeen-music

New gear 2010

Old Gold

I'm buying one of these very soon:

devi-godzilla.jpg

It costs more than I'd like to disclose, but it sounds absolutely fucking tits. The Devi Ever Shoegazer pedal is a little bit more ridiculous, but it doesn't look anywhere near as awesome.

Happy Cat shoot lasers from his eyes, into what looks to be people running from the WTC collapse? That is the most freakin awesome pedal ever!!

:up:

Paint me red, the Shoegazer sounds preeeeetty gooooood.

But then, so does that.

Yeah! I really am undecided. I think the Godzilla tips the scale ever so slightly for it's purely cosmetic appeal. It's hard to decide though because the demos seem to be shite. The official devi ever demo video seems to be some guy with finger tattoos who looks like he can barely even play guitar. He just keeps noodling about with with the same fretted notes at the same time as strumming D string open. I was just about headbutting the computer screen, screaming for him to just play a fucking chord or something.

Then there's the gearmandude videos which are a bit more representative, but he just shreds and wails. I really want to know how it handles low, boomy power chords too!

You ever seen the gearmandude videos on Youtube? He reviews just about every pedal you can think of, but there's a long running debate as to whether or not it is actually Jack Black. It sounds a fair bit like him, and has similar mannerisms, but all you ever see is the pedal/amp he's jamming through, and his snakeskin boots. What a mystery.

Due to a monopoly style chance card situation happening in real life, I shall have money to buy some new quality gear. I'm currently thinking Nord Electro 3, custom talkbox to relplace the danelectro one (according to all talkbox sites this is the worst one ever made) and saxophone overhaul (would be the equivalent of a new instrument). I'm going to try and suppress my keyboard addiction but if it's still going when the money arrives I'll probably pick up that hammond from Jim too.

And a new keyboard amp too, Roland Ksomethingorother...

Due to a monopoly style chance card situation happening in real life, I shall have money to buy some new quality gear. I'm currently thinking Nord Electro 3, custom talkbox to relplace the danelectro one (according to all talkbox sites this is the worst one ever made) and saxophone overhaul (would be the equivalent of a new instrument). I'm going to try and suppress my keyboard addiction but if it's still going when the money arrives I'll probably pick up that hammond from Jim too.

And a new keyboard amp too, Roland Ksomethingorother...

You won first prize in a beauty contest?