aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Old Gold

New gear 2010

My cousin just gave me a Selmer Treble and Bass 50R SV and what I believe to be a 1x18 cab. Cab is fairly rough, needs to be recovered as the tolex is totally fraggled, Also, the jack on the back is some weird European thing that'll need to be replaced.

I'm also planning to buy an EMG-P pickup for my Precision.

Got my new Sound City 50 plus head just before Christmas, but it needs a lot of work done. Sounds sweet, but really wanna let it rip.

Since it's just a single channeler I've got myself a Blackstar HT Dual distortion pedal too as there meant to sound great and be pretty versatile too. Pretty psyched to try em out together.

If I have the caswh I might get another guitar too or hot rod my old Les Paul.

Paranoid... you use that Selmer wityh your Bass? How's it sound?

Not got it home yet, need to pick it up from my Auntie and Uncle's so I haven't tried it yet. Our guitarist has one already and he has been told it is suitable for bass but I never tried his one either. I'll let you know once I've tried it out.

Got an Orange Dual Terror recently. Haven't had a chance to really crank it up yet though. Must get some band practices on the go in the new year...

I'm really wanting a 7 strings with EMG 707's. Would love an 8 string to appease my weird chord fetish but not seen one I like.

Got some Seymour Duncan goodies to complete my project guitar that I've been working on for nearly 3 years (!). Will update with pics once I have installed.

Complete set of 80's Heavy Paiste cymbals. Classic cymbals that I should be able to afford this year.

14" hats,Two 18" crashes,22" Ride/Crash. Hard to come by and very expensive but my favorite cymbals to use. Worth it!

Used it today. Fucking lovely amp, great tone and fairly loud for a 50 watt job. I discovered it has the old proper British made Mullard EL34s in it, probably the '70s originals from what I've read online.

:up:

i'm thinking about getting a sansamp bass driver and some sort of tuning pedal in the next wee while.

if anyone is selling second hand, let me know.

Get the sansamp dude, worth it.

i have a tech21 programmable triamp driver & di pedal for sale if you are keen. its like the sansamp driver but miles better and more versatile to give you different sounds and good live di / recorded output

its dead good. would take 120 or thereabouts for it...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

oh, and another 2nd hand 1200...why the fuck I am still rocking 2 entirely different turntables is a mystery to me, and an increasingly annoying reality

I'm pretty happy with my lot at the moment, and the only way up from where I am (gear-wise) is to spend > 500 per instrument second hand and > 750 new, and that's not going to happen without a crapload of musical improvement from me (not to mention a turn up in financial fortunes).

I bought an on/on/on 3PDT switch so I can get a single coil option out of my G&L Tribute L-2000, if that counts ;)