aberdeen-music

New gear 2010

Old Gold

How you finding that, so far?

I'm tempted to go for one of those. Would prefer to try it out first but that might be possible in a trip to London later this year.

It's really nice actually, I think I might have been better getting the spring chicken for extra flexibility but for the size and price it's great. Doesn't run off batteries though which is a bit of a bugger as I'm going to have to get an DC Powerbrick at some point to run all my toys!:up:

It's really nice actually, I think I might have been better getting the spring chicken for extra flexibility but for the size and price it's great. Doesn't run off batteries though which is a bit of a bugger as I'm going to have to get an DC Powerbrick at some point to run all my toys!:up:

The spring chicken isn't in production any more, so isn't straightforward to get.

The lack of batteries could be an issue but probably not for me. I like the fact it's that small.

I came across this the other day.

WET Reverb Pedal (neunaber technology - WET Effect Pedals)

It's got a different character to the Malekko Chicklet and you also have to order it from his website, rather than a shop in the UK.

Apparently the guy who does Malekko pedals will modify them to your specifications (i.e sound a bit more spring reverb-ish) if you ask in advance. I've also seen him answer questions on a forum and based on other things I've read, I think there is good customer service.

So far my thinking is, WET Reverb for full pedalboard.

Malekko Chicklet for my future mini pedalboard.

Marshall Shredmaster came through the post this week. I've wanted one since I first started playing guitar. The guitar teacher at school had one. I didn't take his lessons. I just turned up to have a go on it. It was better than my Dan Electro Black Coffee.

They go for silly money on eBay, and the clones go for even more which is daft. Got mine for 60 though. Chuffed with the price. Even more chuffed with the sound. Love distortion pedals, to an unhealthy degree.

Marshall Shredmaster came through the post this week. I've wanted one since I first started playing guitar. The guitar teacher at school had one. I didn't take his lessons. I just turned up to have a go on it. It was better than my Dan Electro Black Coffee.

They go for silly money on eBay, and the clones go for even more which is daft. Got mine for 60 though. Chuffed with the price. Even more chuffed with the sound. Love distortion pedals, to an unhealthy degree.

Where did you get it from? Thats a great price.

I really like the old Marshall distortion pedals. Got an original Guv'nor which sounds miles better than the newer one Marshall currently make. Nice ballsy sound to it. I'm after a Drivemaster and would love a Shredmaster if I could find one for a good price. Although I really don't need any more distortion pedals. Last count I had around 40 of them...

Last count I had around 40 of them...

I love you.

I think I have quite a pile in the bottom of my wardrobe including a Russian Big Muff, EHX Hot Tubes and an MXR blue box. 40 is epic though.

I've got a T-Rex Dr Swamp which I adore and I just got a Way Huge Swollen Pickle which is fuzz-tastic.

Thats just the distortions! Just had a count and I have 67 pedals all together. I just really like effects pedals. Distortions in particular. Got a bad habit of going on ebay, bidding on a pedal, winning it, I receive it in the post, play about with it for 10 minutes then put it on my pedal shelf and won't touch it again for ages. I'm not going to stop doing this though.

Where did you get it from? Thats a great price.

I really like the old Marshall distortion pedals. Got an original Guv'nor which sounds miles better than the newer one Marshall currently make. Nice ballsy sound to it. I'm after a Drivemaster and would love a Shredmaster if I could find one for a good price. Although I really don't need any more distortion pedals. Last count I had around 40 of them...

Just some guy off a forum who has had it sat in a cupboard for 20 years. Came with the original box, and the original price sticker (39.95). I've resisted paying over the odds for one for years, but I came close to buying the "Shredmeister" clone recently, which costs more than the originals on eBay, which would have been ridiculous. It would have been like buying some fake Levi jeans from a Turkish market for 100.

I'm a big fan of the Marshall pedals too, including the new ones. The new Guv'ner is still totally decent, though not as good as the original, which I would like to own at some point. The Jackhammer is great too. I used to own the original Blues Breaker, which was awesome, but I sold it for silly money, so no complaints there.

Chuffed with the Shredmaster. The bottom end is so tight, which is where most distortion pedals fail. The palm mutes could cut your face off.